Videos from Today

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Very cool.

Why is doing this type of multiball training better than just rallying with the kid and hitting those 1-2 FH drills?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Very cool.

Why is doing this type of multiball training better than just rallying with the kid and hitting those 1-2 FH drills?

Each has they own advantages. You need to be doing both to understand the values.
To summarize, you can push the player more with multiball

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Wow Tony, these are some high level kids!
I do have one question though, on the BH against backspin, does the wrist movement lead the swing or does it follow the forearm?
Thanks

The motion is together.
wrist and forearm is together.
I can hear myself telling the kid that there is too much elbow. Which means he is using too much of the arm and throwing out the arm after the contact and making a big stroke. Some times kids think the bigger the stroke, the higher chance of getting the ball over. Meanwhile, it is the brushing/contact of the ball that counts. Every extra distance afterwards is not that important

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

I think around 2~3 years

Okay, found out
Just short of 2 years or so.
He has been training with one of my friends for a year now (only with him once a week).
Its holiday now, so they arranged for him to join the girls team.

That feed to him was the 1st time I'm feeding to him (started off with 2 point fh and did it very gentle).
He is 10 turning 11 years old, new to the sport and very energetic - He will make sure my bucket is full to the MAX before the drills.

Reactions: PingBirdPong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Helping out our junior high school team today, the main players went to national trials (U13), while the older players and younger players came to us.

So I took one of the youngest (8 or 9), with only around 1 to 1.5 years of training.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lycanthrope
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
S%20184066118%20jpg.jpeg

5 table doing multiball. Table at the far back (behind me), is lead by a former Olympian/top 30 in the world

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Hi Tony,Been trying hard to figure this out. You state you are in South Africa in your profile but the video shown a demographic that is not consistent with normal expectation. Where are the natives? Are you in an enclave or something? Embassy area or something like that?

Hi Gozo,
i'm not in South Africa now.
I created my profile as Tony's Table Tennis. Which is also a business name that operates in South Africa - So, in essence, i'm a public figure :)
However, over the years, I always travel a lot. So it is normal to see me feeding multiballs all over the world.

This user has no status.
Hi Gozo,
i'm not in South Africa now.
I created my profile as Tony's Table Tennis. Which is also a business name that operates in South Africa - So, in essence, i'm a public figure :)
However, over the years, I always travel a lot. So it is normal to see me feeding multiballs all over the world.
Tony, international balls since 20xx
🤣