Which is more spin sensitive?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020
Hello... To those who have tried these rubbers which is more spin sensitive a tenergy 05 fx or either of tenergy 80/tenergy 19.
Thank you in advance

ZFT

This user has no status.

ZFT

This user has no status.
Dec 2021
I created a thread recently on the least spin sensitive from 45-55 deg so I should have a good idea as sensitivity is one of the major characteristics I look out for when testing.

I’ve haven’t tried T05FX, though I have tested Rozena 2.1, T05 1.9/2.1, T05H 1.9, T80 1.9/2.1, T64 2.1 and T19 2.1.

For me T05H is noticeably less spin sensitive vs T05 so by deduction T05FX should be the most spin sensitive in the entire Tenergy range.

So from my view from most to least:

T05FX >>> T19 > T80

If you like the feel of T05FX and want less spin sensitivity I recommend the slightly harder Rozena (listed at 35 deg BTY scale) from an overseas HK shop, you can get it for around US$32 vs US$80 for Tenergy.

Reactions: Bz26
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I find these threads about what rubbers are insensitive to spin amusing.
It is amazing how so many think the rubber knows if the contact is incoming or outgoing. Is there a difference? It seems the same thing to me.
I would like you guys to explain where all the rotational energy goes at contact and how the rubber ignores Newton's third law of motion.

If you want a rubber that is insensitive to spin, then you need "frictionless" anti, LP 0X, or some other rubber with a very low coefficient of friction.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I find these threads about what rubbers are insensitive to spin amusing.
It is amazing how so many think the rubber knows if the contact is incoming or outgoing. Is there a difference? It seems the same thing to me.
I would like you guys to explain where all the rotational energy goes at contact and how the rubber ignores Newton's third law of motion.

If you want a rubber that is insensitive to spin, then you need "frictionless" anti, LP 0X, or some other rubber with a very low coefficient of friction.

For curiosity sake.
What is your USATT rating?

Om this subject I have to agree with BB. To me a spinny rubber is one that you can create spin without having to go full blast to engage the sponge.

But nevertheless it is impossible for a spinny rubber to be spin insensitive at the same time. Spin and spin sensitivity has to be compared at a similar engagement grade to make sense.

Cheers
L-zr

ZFT

This user has no status.

ZFT

This user has no status.
Dec 2021
Yes, rubbers that generate a lot of spin would also have a correlating sensitivity to incoming spin.

Majority are closely tied i.e. more spin = more sensitivity (T05, D80, tacky chinese), however there are certain rubbers that don’t have such a close correlation which are exactly the type I look for.

Vega Pro comes to mind for me personally - as for whatever reason the synergy of rubber compound composition, pimple geometry and sponge work really together to achieve this spin insensitivity vs spin generation balance I look for.

By nature, I’m a more passive player so this matters most to me.

Really interested to hear thoughts on this, it’s something that I want to be more educated on 😀

Last edited: