Pictures of players‘ equipment at the WTT Budapest

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2022
Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Interesting, why are players choosing Rasanter R53 over R47? I felt like the buzz has always been around 47

Also very interesting to see many players choosing D09c as a backhand rubber.

Reactions: deanrazorbak
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2022
Interesting, why are players choosing Rasanter R53 over R47? I felt like the buzz has always been around 47

And did you notice all the R53 being boosted?
It‘s just like Chinese players using 41 sponge and boost it down to 38-39 hardness.

R48 is more a backhand rubber either slightly boosted or not at all.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

And did you notice all the R53 being boosted?
It‘s just like Chinese players using 41 sponge and boost it down to 38-39 hardness.

R48 is more a backhand rubber either slightly boosted or not at all.

Nice observation about the boosting.

Is there a reason that Andro is seemingly the ESN rubber of choice for these pro players? Is Andro considered superior to the ESN offerings from other companies?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews

R/C48 definitely more BH (that’s where I use it) but I’m really interested to see R53 when they could in some cases be using 09c - I’m keen to understand how these two compare.

Reactions: deanrazorbak
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2022

R/C48 definitely more BH (that’s where I use it) but I’m really interested to see R53 when they could in some cases be using 09c - I’m keen to understand how these two compare.

I guess because they can always boost R53. Up until now I never see anyone boosting Dignics 09c. Maybe it´s just not meant to be boosted while the R53 works well with booster. That‘s why we see the pros in WTT Budapest boosting R53 a lot. The only ESN Rubbers I see being boosted are Ten05 or Ten05 hard. For example Linyun Ju is playing Dignics 09c unboosted on BH and Ten05 Hard boosted on FH.

R48/C48 is definitely for BH on intermediate up to pro level since they are quite linear and pretty ideal for quick counter close to table and compact punch shots.

After testing C48 for a while, I told my training partner who owns the C48 to give it a try on the BH and switch to R53 for FH or even get another R48 on FH to fit with his level.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wrighty67
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2022
Nice observation about the boosting.

Is there a reason that Andro is seemingly the ESN rubber of choice for these pro players? Is Andro considered superior to the ESN offerings from other companies?

I have tried many rubbers of Andro and have to say that they have the perfect ratio of price and performance. Their rubbers are also very durable. They have quite a bit span of price, from Hexer series about 40€, R/V series about 50€ and their new series C around 60€. That suits a lot of players along with their durability. Their most expensive rubbers are still 20€ less than BTY Dignics. So why not?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2022
By the way, judging from the way top players are now switching to R53, Dignics, Blue Grip C2 and similar rubbers, I can see the new trend of table tennis. Sticky and hard rubber :)

From the playing style of Lebrun brothers, I can see that more and more people will be amazed by the properties of sticky rubber: short return and chop block. We can clearly see during the match of Alexis and Dima, the young player disrupted Dima´s rhythm by chop blocking or cutting short very randomly. His blocks or lobs tend to be near the net which work perfectly in pulling your opponent out and away from the table. Alexis did a great job in pulling close slowly and suddenly make a rocket long shot to the far corner. These things can be done easily with sticky rubbers.

On the new review of Rakza Z of Tabletennisdaily, we can see Dan´s passive blocks were returning the ball very close to the net, making his opponent miss his rhythm and has to reach out to the front with a weak shot. This opened a whole new page for my strategy for the upcoming season. Woohoo

Last edited:
Reactions: Wrighty67 and lodro
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
By the way, judging from the way top players are now switching to R53, Dignics, Blue Grip C2 and similar rubbers, I can see the new trend of table tennis. Sticky and hard rubber :)

From the playing style of Lebrun brothers, I can see that more and more people will be amazed by the properties of sticky rubber: short return and chop block. We can clearly see during the match of Alexis and Dima, the young player disrupted Dima´s rhythm by chop blocking or cutting short very randomly. His blocks or lobs tend to be near the net which work perfectly in pulling your opponent out and away from the table. Alexis did a great job in pulling close slowly and suddenly make a rocket long shot to the far corner. These things can be done easily with sticky rubbers.

On the new review of Rakza Z of Tabletennisdaily, we can see Dan´s passive blocks were returning the ball very close to the net, making his opponent miss his rhythm and has to reach out to the front with a weak shot. This opened a whole new page for my strategy for the upcoming season. Woohoo

i applaud your analysis and agree 👍

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews

I have tried many rubbers of Andro and have to say that they have the perfect ratio of price and performance. Their rubbers are also very durable. They have quite a bit span of price, from Hexer series about 40€, R/V series about 50€ and their new series C around 60€. That suits a lot of players along with their durability. Their most expensive rubbers are still 20€ less than BTY Dignics. So why not?

What you say re boosting makes perfect sense - I have applied a layer of Faldo to my 09c in the past and it worked pretty well but I haven’t re-boosted. Andro prices make good sense if with a layer of boost they do a great job.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews

I guess because they can always boost R53. Up until now I never see anyone boosting Dignics 09c. Maybe it´s just not meant to be boosted while the R53 works well with booster. That‘s why we see the pros in WTT Budapest boosting R53 a lot. The only ESN Rubbers I see being boosted are Ten05 or Ten05 hard. For example Linyun Ju is playing Dignics 09c unboosted on BH and Ten05 Hard boosted on FH.

R48/C48 is definitely for BH on intermediate up to pro level since they are quite linear and pretty ideal for quick counter close to table and compact punch shots.

After testing C48 for a while, I told my training partner who owns the C48 to give it a try on the BH and switch to R53 for FH or even get another R48 on FH to fit with his level.

Why do you think they are choosing R53 and not C53 given that the C is slightly more tacky and a little harder feeling?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2022

Why do you think they are choosing R53 and not C53 given that the C is slightly more tacky and a little harder feeling?

C53 came out just couple of weeks ago while R53 has been there for quite sometimes. I guess that‘s the reason why they dont have time to try out C53 and adjust accordingly (?!)

But since I never try boosting C53, it‘s just a guess.

Reactions: Wrighty67
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Nice observation about the boosting. Is there a reason that Andro is seemingly the ESN rubber of choice for these pro players? Is Andro considered superior to the ESN offerings from other companies?

its not pro players, is pro players sponsored by Andro....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

C53 came out just couple of weeks ago while R53 has been there for quite sometimes. I guess that‘s the reason why they dont have time to try out C53 and adjust accordingly (?!)

But since I never try boosting C53, it‘s just a guess.

Your guest is very spot on.
Players don't change different rubbers on the eve on tournaments.
They would normally do it in the "off season".