Rakza Z Review | Dignics 09C Comparison

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Hey what's happening guys!

Now we've had a ton of requests for this review... The Yasaka Rakza Z!

In this review we test it's speed, spin and control and how it stacks up to other rubbers such as the Dignics 09C!
We're going to start releasing a lot more reviewing, stay tuned 🏓

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Hi Dan,,
Great to see you guys reviewing again especially as RZ is one of my favourites!!!
From memory D09C didn’t have as high a throw as RZ, well for me anyway!!! I was expecting you guys to comment how high RZ’s throw angle is!!!
Another great review, keep em coming!!!😀😀 They have been sorely missed by all.

Hope all is well with your family.

Reactions: Dan and Equaaz

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hi Dan,,
Great to see you guys reviewing again especially as RZ is one of my favourites!!!
From memory D09C didn’t have as high a throw as RZ, well for me anyway!!! I was expecting you guys to comment how high RZ’s throw angle is!!!
Another great review, keep em coming!!!😀😀 They have been sorely missed by all.

Hope all is well with your family.

Hey thanks IB! Glad you liked the review :) Yeah we're going to be releasing many more reviews now I'm back on my feet. Lots of content ready to be released 😀

Family doing well thanks for asking. Hope you guys are all good to 🙌

This user has no status.
Hey what's happening guys!

Now we've had a ton of requests for this review... The Yasaka Rakza Z!

In this review we test it's speed, spin and control and how it stacks up to other rubbers such as the Dignics 09C!
We're going to start releasing a lot more reviewing, stay tuned 🏓
Hi Dan! Great review! The RZ is visibly more controlled than the others. I was wondering if you could take the time to review the Blue Sponge versions of the Hurricane 3, because they have a decent difference with the Orange sponge ones.
PingBirdPong

Reactions: Dan

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hi Dan! Great review! The RZ is visibly more controlled than the others. I was wondering if you could take the time to review the Blue Sponge versions of the Hurricane 3, because they have a decent difference with the Orange sponge ones.
PingBirdPong

Hey PingBirdPong!

Thanks! 😀

Yeah agreed it has tons of control. The Hurricane 3 in blue sponges will be coming soon. Do you think we should boost it..?

This user has no status.

Hey PingBirdPong!

Thanks! 😀

Yeah agreed it has tons of control. The Hurricane 3 in blue sponges will be coming soon. Do you think we should boost it..?

Excited to hear it!
The H3 is a special case with so many variants.
I’d recommend using the provincial versions as listed below:
1. Blue sponge 40 degree boosted (black)
2. Orange sponge 40 degree boosted (red)
3. Blue sponge 39 degree unboosted (black)
4’ Orange sponge 39 degree unboosted (red)
Sorry for the complex suggestions, but I believe this is the most scientific way.
Thanks!😁
PingBirdPong

Reactions: Equaaz and Dan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
As long as you mention how you did boost the rubber in the video it should be helpfull. In your last hurricane video you did not which made your comparison other rubbers kind of redundant sadly enough, because the review in itself was quite good.

But testing it only unboosted makes the review a bit useless imo, facing that the vast majoritiy of h3 users boost their rubbers.

This user has no status.
Hi Dan,

Thanks for reviewing the rubber Rakza Z! As I saw during your video, you had to hit the ball significantly harder with it, than with other Euro rubbers.
I think, the tackiness across different batches may vary, but with the unboosted feel of the sponge, it really asks for power input.
I am using Rakza Z on both sides with an inner-reinforced blade (Yinhe Pro Feeling - Koto outer, Ayous, Volcaryl /volcanic arylate/, thick Ayous core), and it was a good decision, as I can play a very controlled short game and greatly varied, spinny serves, still, it unfolds some extra power on harder hits.

Can I ask you guys, what kind of blades did you use Rakza Z with?

Reactions: Dan

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Excited to hear it!
The H3 is a special case with so many variants.
I’d recommend using the provincial versions as listed below:
1. Blue sponge 40 degree boosted (black)
2. Orange sponge 40 degree boosted (red)
3. Blue sponge 39 degree unboosted (black)
4’ Orange sponge 39 degree unboosted (red)
Sorry for the complex suggestions, but I believe this is the most scientific way.
Thanks!😁
PingBirdPong

Hey PingBirdPong thanks for all the rubber suggestions. Perfect thanks for these we will add it to the drawing board and start preparing the review :)
As long as you mention how you did boost the rubber in the video it should be helpfull. In your last hurricane video you did not which made your comparison other rubbers kind of redundant sadly enough, because the review in itself was quite good.

But testing it only unboosted makes the review a bit useless imo, facing that the vast majoritiy of h3 users boost their rubbers.

Fair points Attitude, we will also show the method of boosting also. What do you find are the best boosting methods for Hurricane? I have heard of a number of ways.
Hi Dan and Tom,

could you guys please review Viscaria super ALC with direct comparison to original one? If you might get the golden one, well, then comparison between the 3 ;)

love you guys’ videos

Hey thanks Dean:)

Yeah we will do a comparison between the viscaria and the super alc version. Anything specific you'd like to see in the comparison?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021

I think the most popular way is :
1. One thin layer of glue (to protect)
2. One layer of Seamoon booster
3. Wait until it's dry (10 - 24h)
4. Second layer of Seamoon booster
5. Wait until the rubber become loose
6. Put 2 layers of glue on the rubber and 1 on the blade
7. Stick on blade and press

Some people don't put the first layer of glue, some people prefer 3 layers... but anyway this is just the most popular for me, not the most effective.

Last edited:
Reactions: latej and IB66
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews

I think the most popular way is :1. One thin layer of glue (to protect)2. One layer of Seamoon booster3. Wait until it's dry (10 - 24h)4. Second layer of Seamoon booster5. Wait until the rubber become loose6. Put 2 layers of glue on the rubber and 1 on the blade7. Stick on blade and pressSome people don't put the first layer of glue, some people prefer 3 layers... but anyway this is just the most popular for me, not the most effective.

I usually don't use a first layer of glue (takes too long for the booster to penetrate that layer) and remove the glue layer if it's a H3 Neo.The most important thing is imo to use really thin layers of booster (sponge should feel dry after a couple of hours/at least significantly less than 10 or 24 hours) and to remove the protective film from the topsheet.
Thin layers to better control the level of doming 1) and the removed protective film may help to not put too excessive strain on the topsheet.
I also don't wait until the rubber is flat again before using it. I want that extra tension in the topsheet.

I would suggest to first get some cheap commercial H3s and try out boosting with different amounts of booster per layer before boosting the expensive blue sponge H3s.

Forgot to suggest a booster: just the standard Haifu Seamoon. Imo best price performance ratio.

1) it also might help to prevent bubbling but I'm not a chemist to say if or how a booster can penetrate the whole sponge. I just know the sticky, slimy mass that boosters turn glue layers into ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Equaaz and IB66
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
Depending on how deep in you want to go, measure and weigh before during and after boosting process, then you’ll get an idea of how much the sheet has expanded plus weight gained(if any)!!

If you are going this far to measure things, I'd suggest adding the dimension measurements too. Because even though the weight might have increased overall, the dimensions have increased with it as well, which means unless you divide the weight by volume you aren't really comparing the weight difference since you'll need to cut the rubber to fit on the blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
Hey PingBirdPong thanks for all the rubber suggestions. Perfect thanks for these we will add it to the drawing board and start preparing the review :)

Fair points Attitude, we will also show the method of boosting also. What do you find are the best boosting methods for Hurricane? I have heard of a number of ways.

Hey thanks Dean:)

Yeah we will do a comparison between the viscaria and the super alc version. Anything specific you'd like to see in the comparison?

The difference in the methods is negligible for such reviews. You should use at least one big layer (definitly a big one if you chose to just use one layer) of the prefered booster for any hardness degree you gonna use.
If you use the non neo versions you could use the method of Equaaz or just put the booster directly on the sponge. For the neo versions you definitly can directly put the booster on the factory layer.

The outcome is pretty much the same. You boost until you have a decent dome but not by the amount the rubbers curls in itself - then you overdid it.

Reactions: Equaaz