Back to Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22
  1. TableTennisDaily is offline
    says TableTennisDaily 2,0 is live!
     
    Administrator 6,532 4,072
    TableTennisDaily's Avatar
    TableTennisDaily is offline
    says TableTennisDaily 2,0 is live!
     
    Administrator 4,072 6,532

    User Info Menu


    Oct 2010
    England
    4,072
    6,532
    22593
    Read 0 Reviews
    #1

    Rakza Z Review | Dignics 09C Comparison

    Hey what's happening guys!

    Now we've had a ton of requests for this review... The Yasaka Rakza Z!

    In this review we test it's speed, spin and control and how it stacks up to other rubbers such as the Dignics 09C!
    We're going to start releasing a lot more reviewing, stay tuned 🏓

    The Following 7 Users Like TableTennisDaily's Post:

    Antonlan, Haraold and 5 others


  2. IB66 is offline
    says Table Tennis England Level 1 coach
     
    Elite TTD Member 649 1,227
    I
    IB66 is offline
    says Table Tennis England Level 1 coach
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,227 649

    User Info Menu

    #2
    Hi Dan,,
    Great to see you guys reviewing again especially as RZ is one of my favourites!!!
    From memory D09C didn’t have as high a throw as RZ, well for me anyway!!! I was expecting you guys to comment how high RZ’s throw angle is!!!
    Another great review, keep em coming!!!😀😀 They have been sorely missed by all.

    Hope all is well with your family.



    The Following 2 Users Like IB66's Post:

    Dan and Equaaz


  3. Dan is offline
    says #ForTheLegacy
     
    Administrator 4,332 6,823
    Dan's Avatar
    Dan is offline
    says #ForTheLegacy
     
    Administrator 6,823 4,332

    User Info Menu

    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by IB66
    Hi Dan,,
    Great to see you guys reviewing again especially as RZ is one of my favourites!!!
    From memory D09C didn’t have as high a throw as RZ, well for me anyway!!! I was expecting you guys to comment how high RZ’s throw angle is!!!
    Another great review, keep em coming!!!😀😀 They have been sorely missed by all.

    Hope all is well with your family.

    Hey thanks IB! Glad you liked the review Yeah we're going to be releasing many more reviews now I'm back on my feet. Lots of content ready to be released 😀

    Family doing well thanks for asking. Hope you guys are all good to 🙌

    The Following 3 Users Like Dan's Post:

    Haraold, IB66 and 1 other


  4. PingBirdPong is offline
    says Verified Cheater, Banned by ITTF :)
     
    Senior TTD Member 415 759
    PingBirdPong's Avatar
    PingBirdPong is offline
    says Verified Cheater, Banned by ITTF :)
     
    Senior TTD Member 759 415
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by TableTennisDaily
    Hey what's happening guys!

    Now we've had a ton of requests for this review... The Yasaka Rakza Z!

    In this review we test it's speed, spin and control and how it stacks up to other rubbers such as the Dignics 09C!
    We're going to start releasing a lot more reviewing, stay tuned 🏓
    Hi Dan! Great review! The RZ is visibly more controlled than the others. I was wondering if you could take the time to review the Blue Sponge versions of the Hurricane 3, because they have a decent difference with the Orange sponge ones.
    PingBirdPong

    The Following User Likes PingBirdPong's Post:

    Dan

    Achieve your dreams, or die trying.

  5. Dan is offline
    says #ForTheLegacy
     
    Administrator 4,332 6,823
    Dan's Avatar
    Dan is offline
    says #ForTheLegacy
     
    Administrator 6,823 4,332

    User Info Menu

    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by PingBirdPong
    Hi Dan! Great review! The RZ is visibly more controlled than the others. I was wondering if you could take the time to review the Blue Sponge versions of the Hurricane 3, because they have a decent difference with the Orange sponge ones.
    PingBirdPong

    Hey PingBirdPong!

    Thanks! 😀

    Yeah agreed it has tons of control. The Hurricane 3 in blue sponges will be coming soon. Do you think we should boost it..?

    The Following 3 Users Like Dan's Post:

    JustANoob, PingBirdPong and 1 other


  6. PingBirdPong is offline
    says Verified Cheater, Banned by ITTF :)
     
    Senior TTD Member 415 759
    PingBirdPong's Avatar
    PingBirdPong is offline
    says Verified Cheater, Banned by ITTF :)
     
    Senior TTD Member 759 415
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan

    Hey PingBirdPong!

    Thanks! 😀

    Yeah agreed it has tons of control. The Hurricane 3 in blue sponges will be coming soon. Do you think we should boost it..?

    Excited to hear it!
    The H3 is a special case with so many variants.
    I’d recommend using the provincial versions as listed below:
    1. Blue sponge 40 degree boosted (black)
    2. Orange sponge 40 degree boosted (red)
    3. Blue sponge 39 degree unboosted (black)
    4’ Orange sponge 39 degree unboosted (red)
    Sorry for the complex suggestions, but I believe this is the most scientific way.
    Thanks!😁
    PingBirdPong

    The Following User Likes PingBirdPong's Post:

    Dan

    Achieve your dreams, or die trying.

  7. Attitude is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 174 316
    Attitude's Avatar
    Attitude is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 316 174
    #7
    As long as you mention how you did boost the rubber in the video it should be helpfull. In your last hurricane video you did not which made your comparison other rubbers kind of redundant sadly enough, because the review in itself was quite good.

    But testing it only unboosted makes the review a bit useless imo, facing that the vast majoritiy of h3 users boost their rubbers.

    The Following 3 Users Like Attitude's Post:

    Dan, pilami and 1 other


  8. damszelfly is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 15 64
    D
    damszelfly is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 64 15
    #8
    Hi Dan,

    Thanks for reviewing the rubber Rakza Z! As I saw during your video, you had to hit the ball significantly harder with it, than with other Euro rubbers.
    I think, the tackiness across different batches may vary, but with the unboosted feel of the sponge, it really asks for power input.
    I am using Rakza Z on both sides with an inner-reinforced blade (Yinhe Pro Feeling - Koto outer, Ayous, Volcaryl /volcanic arylate/, thick Ayous core), and it was a good decision, as I can play a very controlled short game and greatly varied, spinny serves, still, it unfolds some extra power on harder hits.

    Can I ask you guys, what kind of blades did you use Rakza Z with?

    The Following User Likes damszelfly's Post:

    Dan


  9. famanson is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 11 21
    F
    famanson is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 21 11
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan

    Hey PingBirdPong!

    Thanks! 😀

    Yeah agreed it has tons of control. The Hurricane 3 in blue sponges will be coming soon. Do you think we should boost it..?

    If you could review it with and without boosting, that'd be great

    The Following 4 Users Like famanson's Post:

    Dan, IB66 and 2 others


  10. IB66 is offline
    says Table Tennis England Level 1 coach
     
    Elite TTD Member 649 1,227
    I
    IB66 is offline
    says Table Tennis England Level 1 coach
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,227 649

    User Info Menu

    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by famanson

    If you could review it with and without boosting, that'd be great

    That was something I was going to suggest as well. Then a good comparison can be made!!

    The Following User Likes IB66's Post:

    Dan


  11. famanson is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 11 21
    F
    famanson is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 21 11
    #11
    Quote Originally Posted by IB66
    That was something I was going to suggest as well. Then a good comparison can be made!!
    I think Dan and the guys did a video of unboosted H3 market somewhere (?), but I've never seen unboosted blue sponge before so it might be fun to watch

    The Following User Likes famanson's Post:

    Dan


  12. deanrazorbak is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 14 27
    deanrazorbak's Avatar
    deanrazorbak is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 27 14
    #12
    Hi Dan and Tom,

    could you guys please review Viscaria super ALC with direct comparison to original one? If you might get the golden one, well, then comparison between the 3

    love you guys’ videos

    The Following 2 Users Like deanrazorbak's Post:

    cytivrat and Dan


  13. Dan is offline
    says #ForTheLegacy
     
    Administrator 4,332 6,823
    Dan's Avatar
    Dan is offline
    says #ForTheLegacy
     
    Administrator 6,823 4,332

    User Info Menu

    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by PingBirdPong
    Excited to hear it!
    The H3 is a special case with so many variants.
    I’d recommend using the provincial versions as listed below:
    1. Blue sponge 40 degree boosted (black)
    2. Orange sponge 40 degree boosted (red)
    3. Blue sponge 39 degree unboosted (black)
    4’ Orange sponge 39 degree unboosted (red)
    Sorry for the complex suggestions, but I believe this is the most scientific way.
    Thanks!😁
    PingBirdPong
    Hey PingBirdPong thanks for all the rubber suggestions. Perfect thanks for these we will add it to the drawing board and start preparing the review
    Quote Originally Posted by Attitude
    As long as you mention how you did boost the rubber in the video it should be helpfull. In your last hurricane video you did not which made your comparison other rubbers kind of redundant sadly enough, because the review in itself was quite good.

    But testing it only unboosted makes the review a bit useless imo, facing that the vast majoritiy of h3 users boost their rubbers.
    Fair points Attitude, we will also show the method of boosting also. What do you find are the best boosting methods for Hurricane? I have heard of a number of ways.
    Quote Originally Posted by deanrazorbak
    Hi Dan and Tom,

    could you guys please review Viscaria super ALC with direct comparison to original one? If you might get the golden one, well, then comparison between the 3

    love you guys’ videos

    Hey thanks Dean

    Yeah we will do a comparison between the viscaria and the super alc version. Anything specific you'd like to see in the comparison?

    The Following 3 Users Like Dan's Post:

    IB66, PingBirdPong and 1 other


  14. Equaaz is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 13 42
    Equaaz's Avatar
    Equaaz is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 42 13
    #14

    I think the most popular way is :
    1. One thin layer of glue (to protect)
    2. One layer of Seamoon booster
    3. Wait until it's dry (10 - 24h)
    4. Second layer of Seamoon booster
    5. Wait until the rubber become loose
    6. Put 2 layers of glue on the rubber and 1 on the blade
    7. Stick on blade and press

    Some people don't put the first layer of glue, some people prefer 3 layers... but anyway this is just the most popular for me, not the most effective.

    The Following 2 Users Like Equaaz's Post:

    IB66 and latej

    Last edited by Equaaz; 07-28-2022 at 05:00 PM.

  15. ck1407 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 6 34
    C
    ck1407 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 34 6

    User Info Menu


    Jul 2018
    Singapore
    34
    6
    93
    Read 0 Reviews
    #15
    pls do a review of joola golden tango and tibhar Hybrid k3

  16. ttarc is offline
    says Needs more systematic training
     
    Advanced TTD Member 118 221
    T
    ttarc is offline
    says Needs more systematic training
     
    Advanced TTD Member 221 118
    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Equaaz

    I think the most popular way is :1. One thin layer of glue (to protect)2. One layer of Seamoon booster3. Wait until it's dry (10 - 24h)4. Second layer of Seamoon booster5. Wait until the rubber become loose6. Put 2 layers of glue on the rubber and 1 on the blade7. Stick on blade and pressSome people don't put the first layer of glue, some people prefer 3 layers... but anyway this is just the most popular for me, not the most effective.

    I usually don't use a first layer of glue (takes too long for the booster to penetrate that layer) and remove the glue layer if it's a H3 Neo.The most important thing is imo to use really thin layers of booster (sponge should feel dry after a couple of hours/at least significantly less than 10 or 24 hours) and to remove the protective film from the topsheet.
    Thin layers to better control the level of doming 1) and the removed protective film may help to not put too excessive strain on the topsheet.
    I also don't wait until the rubber is flat again before using it. I want that extra tension in the topsheet.

    I would suggest to first get some cheap commercial H3s and try out boosting with different amounts of booster per layer before boosting the expensive blue sponge H3s.

    Forgot to suggest a booster: just the standard Haifu Seamoon. Imo best price performance ratio.

    1) it also might help to prevent bubbling but I'm not a chemist to say if or how a booster can penetrate the whole sponge. I just know the sticky, slimy mass that boosters turn glue layers into

    The Following 2 Users Like ttarc's Post:

    Equaaz and IB66

    Last edited by ttarc; 07-28-2022 at 06:31 PM.

  17. IB66 is offline
    says Table Tennis England Level 1 coach
     
    Elite TTD Member 649 1,227
    I
    IB66 is offline
    says Table Tennis England Level 1 coach
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,227 649

    User Info Menu

    #17
    Hi Dan,

    If you decide to glue while the rubber is still domed, then you’ll need some strong glue, DHS no15, Revolution no3 etc Plus a couple of heavy books!!!!

  18. IB66 is offline
    says Table Tennis England Level 1 coach
     
    Elite TTD Member 649 1,227
    I
    IB66 is offline
    says Table Tennis England Level 1 coach
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,227 649

    User Info Menu

    #18
    Depending on how deep in you want to go, measure and weigh before during and after boosting process, then you’ll get an idea of how much the sheet has expanded plus weight gained(if any)!!

  19. DukeGaGa is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 341 684
    DukeGaGa's Avatar
    DukeGaGa is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 684 341
    #19
    Quote Originally Posted by IB66
    Depending on how deep in you want to go, measure and weigh before during and after boosting process, then you’ll get an idea of how much the sheet has expanded plus weight gained(if any)!!

    If you are going this far to measure things, I'd suggest adding the dimension measurements too. Because even though the weight might have increased overall, the dimensions have increased with it as well, which means unless you divide the weight by volume you aren't really comparing the weight difference since you'll need to cut the rubber to fit on the blade.


  20. Attitude is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 174 316
    Attitude's Avatar
    Attitude is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 316 174
    #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    Hey PingBirdPong thanks for all the rubber suggestions. Perfect thanks for these we will add it to the drawing board and start preparing the review


    Fair points Attitude, we will also show the method of boosting also. What do you find are the best boosting methods for Hurricane? I have heard of a number of ways.

    Hey thanks Dean

    Yeah we will do a comparison between the viscaria and the super alc version. Anything specific you'd like to see in the comparison?

    The difference in the methods is negligible for such reviews. You should use at least one big layer (definitly a big one if you chose to just use one layer) of the prefered booster for any hardness degree you gonna use.
    If you use the non neo versions you could use the method of Equaaz or just put the booster directly on the sponge. For the neo versions you definitly can directly put the booster on the factory layer.

    The outcome is pretty much the same. You boost until you have a decent dome but not by the amount the rubbers curls in itself - then you overdid it.

    The Following User Likes Attitude's Post:

    Equaaz


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Create a new Topic:
Title is required.