My new Jpen blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2022
This would be my first time playing with a 1ply hinoki Jpen blade.
I decided to play Table tennis again after a long break since my last foot injury about 5 years ago.
I bought this new Jpen blade Butterfly Cypress JP I-S. I've always used a 5-ply blade ever since I started playing and didn't know much about table tennis blades. And for this blade particularly, I couldn't find any Reviews or Ratings for it and I'm curious if I had made a bad decision or what to expect from this blade. And also what to know about playing with 1-ply hinoki blades.

Are there anyone else who had played with this blade?
If so, help me out and educate me about this blade. For I have a lot of catching up to do with Table tennis.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
This would be my first time playing with a 1ply hinoki Jpen blade.
I decided to play Table tennis again after a long break since my last foot injury about 5 years ago.
I bought this new Jpen blade Butterfly Cypress JP I-S. I've always used a 5-ply blade ever since I started playing and didn't know much about table tennis blades. And for this blade particularly, I couldn't find any Reviews or Ratings for it and I'm curious if I had made a bad decision or what to expect from this blade. And also what to know about playing with 1-ply hinoki blades.

Are there anyone else who had played with this blade?
If so, help me out and educate me about this blade. For I have a lot of catching up to do with Table tennis.

Hi there,
welcome back to the sport.

I think in general, there are very little new generations using Jpen.
It is mostly older generation using it.

I think easily, in the past 20 years (of juniors development), no one is using it, so reviews for Jpen blade should be very little.

For penholders, most go towards Cpen and to use both sides.
And I know many former Jpen players, all getting students to use shakehand.

I haven't played with 1-plys, but I know a lot of older generation players adored it, in the 38mm era (those guys would be 60+ today)

A one price blade needs to quite thick not to break too easily. They are usually made from a very good piece of wood. Due to the thickness they are quite stiff and that makes them fast, even though they are made from relatively soft woods.

I think it was Gozo here who is using one and he will chime in soon.

Cheers
L-zr