Rakza series vs Tenergy?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Rakza%20Z%20graph%202%20white%20png.png

i just found this photo. It reminds me of the tenery throw angle photo.

Does rakza X, 7, 9 correspond to Tenergy 05, 64, 80? Is that meant to be the concept of the Rakza series? Or is the photo just a coincidence.

Does it mean that for speed Rakza 9 > 7 > X ?

Last edited:
Reactions: FrenchFrog33
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
The picture is misleading without more explanation.
If you play with Rakza Z, do you really want the ball to bounce that high? I wouldn't.
All the rubbers above can achieve the same trajectory as the one shown like Rakza 9
When playing, I try to keep the ball low over the net. Balls should not go over the net by more than 4 inches or 100mm. Balls should land close to an edge within 4 inches or 100mm. The exception is a double bounce when playing with LP 0X or Anti and on serves. This can be achieved with any of the rubber mention above and any of the Tenergy or similar rubbers.

@Michael, when are you going to learn the most of the TT information you see is bogus marketing meant to take advantage of those that don't know the difference.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2022

Hi Michael, I'm not very experienced in the tenergy series, but I do alot of research on rubbers.
Imo, the rakza series is very similar to the tenergy but at a better price. As you may know already the tenergy series are very popular rubbers, due to its spring technology that combines accuracy, power, spin, and high throw angle. The rakza series is very similar, not as springy rubber but more of a tacky topsheet. Rakza Z is more of an answer to Butterfly's Dignics09C, being pretty identical if not better. To answer your question, the rakza series is kind of a yasaka answer to tenergy, but the image is pure coincidence.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

Hi Michael, I'm not very experienced in the tenergy series, but I do alot of research on rubbers.
Imo, the rakza series is very similar to the tenergy but at a better price. As you may know already the tenergy series are very popular rubbers, due to its spring technology that combines accuracy, power, spin, and high throw angle. The rakza series is very similar, not as springy rubber but more of a tacky topsheet. Rakza Z is more of an answer to Butterfly's Dignics09C, being pretty identical if not better. To answer your question, the rakza series is kind of a yasaka answer to tenergy, but the image is pure coincidence.

So in order, which Rakza rubbers are supposed to be fastest to slowest?

Rakza 9 is fastest, rakza 7 is spinniest, rakza Z is tackiest, rakza X is more Allround/offensive then anything

I wouldn’t say that Rakza X is less spinny than Rakza 7. Rakza 7 is softer and thus easier to engage. Rakza X takes a little more effort and is harder to play but it has probably more potential for a higher spin rate. Most people seem to agree that means it’s spinier.

Cheers
L-zr

Last edited:
Reactions: Equaaz
In this week i tested Rakza 7 on TB ALC and T05 on Primorac.

Point 1: Tenergy kind of expels the ball faster than Rakza, I didn't feel that it engages the sponge very much, Rakza "holds" a little more I believe this must be due to the fact of hardness too, T05 is slighty harder and more dense. When i do force with my body it is clear the speed difference and this effect of "kicking the ball out", Rakza give me a lot more control because it holds the ball more on contact, i was not able to have a "deeper" contact on the sponge while using Tenergy.

Point 2: I felt that it is necessary to use less force with the tenergy, but FOR ME, and for MY PLAYING STYLE this is bad. When i moved about 3m away from the table to test the fh topspin with more loop, it was clear how much the tenergy does the work (speed) on its own, i had to control how much force my body did. When I tested the Rakza from the same distance it was clear the greater amount of control, Rakza is slower and I also feel the ball stay more in the racket, I could do much more force and have an even more satisfactory result.

In general on FH i prefered Rakza 7 for my playstyle, much more control and the capacity of have this deep contact when i perform the stroke is better for me, T05 FOR ME is too fast and does too much the job. On BH, T05 is better for me, Rakza becomes more slow.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I tried rakza 7 soft today mostly on BH. It has a nice arc and is easy to loop with mid distance.

But it lacks that shotgun authoritative punch when you hit through the ball (its soft no duh).

I guess dignics, mxp, and g1 have more of that authoritative feeling that I like.

​​​​​

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
It seems that rakza x has the most offensive potential, and rakza 9 is fast. Why is it that people seem to favor rakza 7?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I question I have is what can you do with any of the rubbers above that you can't do with the other rubbers?

@Michael, you really need to worry less about the rubber and boosting and more on you you play.
Can you define "offensive potential" for us?

@Oscarting rubbers do not have accuracy. People have control or better, consistency.
Also, can you define throw angle? Better yet, can you define what causes throw angle?

It is amazing how people claim to be able to tell the difference of a few micro seconds.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Well my normal rubber i play now is $12 Moon Speed. Its clearly slower than esn, but for $12 it does its job. You are right, this rubber can do 98% of what any butterfly rubber can do, so thats why i use it.

Im not worrying about rwhat ubbers to use, im just having fun and being curious about how all these famous rubbers play.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2022
It seems that rakza x has the most offensive potential, and rakza 9 is fast. Why is it that people seem to favor rakza 7?

Rakza 7 supposedly has more control and a good throw angle for most people. It is also medium tacky and has a good amount of grip that makes looping and brushing underspin balls a cakewalk. If you're buying a rakza rubber, I would suggest rakza X, or rakza 7

says Rozena! You complete me.
says Rozena! You complete me.
Mar 2021
Instead of all these confusing nomenclature, rubber manufacturer should just assign simple category. Beginners / Intermediate / Advance / Pro rubber.

Beginners = recreational / hobbyist / basement players
Intermediate = club level player or league level
Advance = State / Provincial
Pro = National or Pro Tour level.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Instead of all these confusing nomenclature, rubber manufacturer should just assign simple category. Beginners / Intermediate / Advance / Pro rubber.

Beginners = recreational / hobbyist / basement players
Intermediate = club level player or league level
Advance = State / Provincial
Pro = National or Pro Tour level.

But, a national player from one country would not be able to beat a club level player from another country... what then?

But, a national player from one country would not be able to beat a club level player from another country... what then?

Divide by countries then. National player from any country == Provincial level player from China.
/sacrasm

But really I think high level players are going to win even with cheap equipment. As always, it's not about Rakza vs Tenergy, it's about skill. Go buy whatever popular Rakza and spend money on good coach. Find what suits your playstyle better by trying different rubbers from your friends/club mates.