Non boosted Hurricane 3

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
It makes a huge huge difference between boosting and not boosting. H3 without boosting may feel very slow and dead. Also the ball has a tendency to stick to the surface and not rebound off the rubber.

With booster, the rubber will feel like a more "normal" rebound.

If you only plan on getting 1 sheet of Hurricane for the rest of your life, then its not worth getting booster. But if you plan on continuing with getting new Chinese rubbers that require boosting, then its worth it to invest in a bottle of booster. You can get Seamoon for $20 on aliexpress.

Reactions: harty
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Hi, I'm getting an H3 rubber and I was wondering if I need to boost it or not. Will it make that much of a difference? Or is it not worth the money.

Why do you get a H3 ?
If you have experience with very sticky chinese rubbers then it is ok.
If not, you have to know that you will have to develop quite a change in technique because
H3 rubbers are different to play .with.

If you just do some experimenting there is no need to boost H3.
Just glue it on and see what happens , you can always boost later or ask somebody to boost it for you.

says Rozena! You complete me.
says Rozena! You complete me.
Mar 2021
Hi, I'm getting an H3 rubber and I was wondering if I need to boost it or not. Will it make that much of a difference? Or is it not worth the money.

It's like eating french fries without tomato catsup

It's like eating New York Steak without any black pepper sauce.

It's like eating caesar salad without the dressing.

It's edible but its just not satisfying.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews

Depends on which version you buy. Commercial H3, don’t bother to boost. Just play.

Pronvicial or National versions, since you’ve already spent that much money, boosting is worth it.

This user has no status.
This H3 topic is became like very similar to a topic of T05 alternative, so much comments and threads about it, i feel like there will never be any clear correct answer to that. I once bought a used H3 rubber with orange sponge but i never know which version it was, it was used and already cut for a blade bigger than my blade head, so it was fine to glue it to my blade and cut again, it was on Butterfly Primorac EX blade, it was a super nicer rubber for me in FH, it was like a perfect match, i wasn't sure how it will be but wanted a rubber as a replacement to my dead rubber, it suits me better than T05 actually, Rakza 7 soft on BH, but that racket was stolen from me, so i bought another H3 commercial normal rubber for my Hao 3 blade, it wasn't same, not bad but wasn't so sticky really, i felt like it was faster and less tacky than the previous one, so not sure if the old one was boosted or oil'd or different version i don't know.

honestly, if is your first time trying i recommend not boost. after 1 month using unboosted, boost the rubber and use for 2 weeks, you will have your conclusion.

personally does not make huge difference for me because i practice more than 20 hours a week. the booster effects last less than 2 weeks and boost rubber 2x- 3x a month is not worth the money and obviously the rubber will not last more than 2 months making these, will became too heavy.

says Or is it more legit...
says Or is it more legit...
Sep 2019
Try it unboosted and then decide.
I love playing with unboosted and can’t stand booster.

Which h3 model are you using if not mind, can you tell the exact sheet you're using. I bet it's on fh and you're using on your tb alc. May I know the hardness, com/prov,nat, thickness, etc.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
Loong ago, I asked myself shall I boost or not. The answer came by itself . Yes, I boost all my chinese rubbers. Many are perfectly playable without booster, but I want to win my matches easier. Without exception all the greatest boost their stuff. Who am I to dispute the obvious. BTW, I usually apply booster on new rubbers

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
This H3 topic is became like very similar to a topic of T05 alternative, so much comments and threads about it, i feel like there will never be any clear correct answer to that. I once bought a used H3 rubber with orange sponge but i never know which version it was, it was used and already cut for a blade bigger than my blade head, so it was fine to glue it to my blade and cut again, it was on Butterfly Primorac EX blade, it was a super nicer rubber for me in FH, it was like a perfect match, i wasn't sure how it will be but wanted a rubber as a replacement to my dead rubber, it suits me better than T05 actually, Rakza 7 soft on BH, but that racket was stolen from me, so i bought another H3 commercial normal rubber for my Hao 3 blade, it wasn't same, not bad but wasn't so sticky really, i felt like it was faster and less tacky than the previous one, so not sure if the old one was boosted or oil'd or different version i don't know.

maybe the new rubber , the one that is less sticky, is a H3 NEO. They are less sticky than the standard H3

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Actually I've been hitting with H3 from a few friends' rackets. When the tackiness wears out, H3 is actually reasonably fast. It's not as dead/slow as my initial impression.

When its brand new out of the package, it really is quite slow. The sponge itself is not super reboundy, but has moderate/average rebound. The average rebound combined with the brand new tackiness makes the rubber few very slow when its new.

In some ways, I feel H3 hits its prime after several weeks of usage.

Reactions: JJ Ng