Blade for Stickey Chinese rubbers? (H3)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2022
I've heard blades that are good for Chinese rubbers, but most such as Avalox, rose wood V, are much to expensive for me. Right now I'm using a 7 ply all wood stiga blade. Is it worth switching blades and will it make much of a difference?

How do you feel about your current blade? Do you need something higher topspeed, more "gears", looking for a different "feel", different "dwell"?

Top pros have proven sticky rubber works with outer carbon, inner carbon, 7 ply all wood. If you are curious the difference, buy some cheap good outer (ex Yinhe V-14, Pro 01) and inner alc (ex DHS Fang Bo) to compare with your 7 ply wood.

I personally play with a 7 ply wood right now and I personally really like the feel and speed to spin ratio, so don't feel rushed to switch.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
It's all about how you need the rubber/sponge to react when you strike the ball. The harder you brush the ball, the harder sponge you would need to get the wanted effect out of the rubber. For me, using a harder sponge, I feel that I'm getting the most out of my rubber with a faster, stiffer blade like Yinhe V14 PRO or Sanwei V5 PRO.
It all comes down to how you hit the ball, and the power and angles you are using. If you feel that something is missing, perhaps you should try something stiffer or faster, but if it feels good, stick with what you got.
If you want to try something else, there are tons of really good blades under $50 to help you discover the differences between all compositions you want to explore.

I've heard blades that are good for Chinese rubbers, but most such as Avalox, rose wood V, are much to expensive for me. Right now I'm using a 7 ply all wood stiga blade. Is it worth switching blades and will it make much of a difference?
Short answer, no it’s not unless your current blade is too fast for you. Then again something new may refresh the mind 😎

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2022

Top pros have proven sticky rubber works with outer carbon, inner carbon, 7 ply all wood. If you are curious the difference, buy some cheap good outer (ex Yinhe V-14, Pro 01) and inner alc (ex DHS Fang Bo) to compare with your 7 ply wood.

When you say inner carbon (or composite) , which one ? The middle layer or the two layers next to the middle layer ? I have never seen or heard of such blades unless custom made. Can you give some names ?

I also have never heard of even number of layers 2 or 4 or 6 or 8 etc . Curious as to why.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2022

When you say inner carbon (or composite) , which one ? The middle layer or the two layers next to the middle layer ? I have never seen or heard of such blades unless custom made. Can you give some names ?

I also have never heard of even number of layers 2 or 4 or 6 or 8 etc . Curious as to why.

Did you even attempt to process my post? Or attempt to google "inner alc blades" or "what is an inner alc blade"?

>inner alc (ex DHS Fang Bo).

The composite layer is located next to the core. Google for an inner alc blade and you will see the side structure.

More examples: DHS H301, DHS Long 5, Sanwei F3 Pro, Butterfly Innerforce.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews

Inner composite layered blades is referring to a 7 layer or 7+ layer blade, where the composite layer is next to the core, rather than next to the surface. Almost all brands make some sort of inner blades nowadays, just google and you’ll find lots of them. As for even layered blades, there are a few, I can’t remember the name right now but they do exist. The reason why it’s rare is because there usually isn’t much reason to make one like that, since the core would have to be two thinner layers, as the current generation of balls is heavier, a thicker core is generally preferred, at least that’s how I understands it.