How do I get my pendulum serve to go down the line?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019

Adjust feet and body position and aim down the line...................then repeat 2500 times

2500+++!
but maybe keep feet and stance the same in order to deceive the opponent.
@oscarting
you seem to be using spin variation, but the pendulum FLAT fast deep serve across or down the line is a very useful serve and siimpler to practice:-

let racket hang down verticaly as though for spin pendulum.
Slap the back of the ball slightly below center aiming the bounce to be from end line to endline. Be ready to kill the return!!

The cross /down the line tactic gives the opponent a 2 item problem- THIS or THAT
Stronger players learn to be ready for this level of choices
So
From the same identical stance with similar initial action
be capable of :
flat fast cross/down the line
spin cross/down the line
touch very short to fh near the net
practice in front of a mirror to make beginning as identical as possible

If you have been serving mainly cross up to now, be aware that this is the most comfortable place footworkwise for most right handers to receive, whereas short to fh is least comfortable
good luck

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
2500 is peanuts.
I used to serve 1000 a day (takes around 1 hour). 2500 is merely 2 and half hours load.
To master any serve, you need to be talking 50k to 100k serves.

Most times, your body is in the way, so you need to open up the angle and tuck in your stomach, to allow the gap between your bat and your body to go down the line.
Your non playing arm's elbow can help open up the space by pulling backwards - which will allow your playing arm's waist to guide the ball down naturally.

Suggest is to first do that action and guide the ball down with no spin/no speed.
And slowly adding speed. Then add spin later on.

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012

Be sure you switched to the slow replay speed 0.5x for watching. Amazing mastery by JO, indeed.