Boosters for Chinese rubbers

This user has no status.
I'm getting back and forth answers on another post about whether I should use a booster or not on an H3. If I was going to get a booster, which one should it be? Dian chi, seamoon?
thankyou
We can give our experiences, but it’s a decision you must make. It’s not wether you should, it’s wether you want.

Reactions: lodro
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I've boosted H3 all my life. Seamoon is the way to go. Go with the commercial version first. The national version shortens the life too much for the gain of power.

my i ask : Have you ever experienced , maybe after several boostings, that it simply stopped workin ?
I've got a black H3 commercial that might have been reboosted a couple of times but now any amount of
layers of seamoon applied will not dome the rubber anymore.

btw. i forgot to add that the rubber is perfectly playable.

Last edited:
Reactions: PingBirdPong
This user has no status.

my i ask : Have you ever experienced , maybe after several boostings, that it simply stopped workin ?
I've got a black H3 commercial that might have been reboosted a couple of times but now any amount of

Boosting= shorter lifespan

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2022

my i ask : Have you ever experienced , maybe after several boostings, that it simply stopped workin ? I've got a black H3 commercial that might have been reboosted a couple of times but now any amount of layers of seamoon applied will not dome the rubber anymore.

Boosting stretches the topsheet, and eventually the topsheet will stretch out with time. Thus, no more doming, as doming is caused by expanded sponge vs tight unstretched topsheet)

The sponge can expand more with extra boostings to re-tension the topsheet, but eventually reaches a saturation point (for example, Seamoon national yellow can do about three reapplications).

Last edited:
Reactions: lodro
says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
[size=+2]FAQ
-- Igor, why do you attack boosters like a drunk bull?
-- Boosters is dope of a kind, and dope is a shitty stuff anyway..[/size]

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Seamoon after drying leaves a layer of latex. I always peel it off, that is why I always put the glue after. Some of you leaves this layer of latex or do same as I do?

I use the normal yellow standard seamoon and it most definitely does not leave any residue or layer .
Also , there is no latex in seamoon, unless you do not talk about the seamoon booster but the seamoon glue.

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews

btw. i forgot to add that the rubber is perfectly playable.

Yup that’s the case. Once the energy of the sponge is used up, further boosting will not curl the rubber at all.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
Composition of Seamoon according to MSDS
SECTION 3. Composition / information on ingredients
The difference between the single product and mixture: Mixture
Substance name Conc. (%) CAS.
Natural Rubber 60% CAS 9006-04-6
Ethylenediamine 40% CAS 107-15-3

Interesting... According to Wikipedia ethylenediamine has an "ammonia-like odor". Either it does not smell when mixed with natural rubber or my Seamoon, which worked great, had a different composition or was a fake...
"Safety Ethylenediamine, like ammonia and other low-molecular weight amines, is a skin and respiratory irritant. Unless tightly contained, liquid ethylenediamine will release toxic and irritating vapors into its surroundings, especially on heating. The vapors absorb moisture from humid air to form a characteristic white mist, which is extremely irritating to skin, eyes, lungs and mucus membranes." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethylenediamine
Maybe I should go back to my homemade booster (paraffin oil and/or d-limonene (lemon or orange oil)) .

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I use this one and I can assure you that after I have sprayed 3 layers and let them dried there is a layer of something. Almost transparent and if you not rub the sponge you may not see it.

OK, this is the same stuff i use so i stand corrected. But yes, I admit once i have applied the stuff I do not rub it and look for anything, I simply cover the stuff with glue .

Last edited:
Reactions: Choosikick