Boosters for Chinese rubbers

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

Interesting... According to Wikipedia ethylenediamine has an "ammonia-like odor". Either it does not smell when mixed with natural rubber or my Seamoon, which worked great, had a different composition or was a fake...
"Safety Ethylenediamine, like ammonia and other low-molecular weight amines, is a skin and respiratory irritant. Unless tightly contained, liquid ethylenediamine will release toxic and irritating vapors into its surroundings, especially on heating. The vapors absorb moisture from humid air to form a characteristic white mist, which is extremely irritating to skin, eyes, lungs and mucus membranes." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethylenediamine
Maybe I should go back to my homemade booster (paraffin oil and/or d-limonene (lemon or orange oil)) .

Natural Rubber 60% CAS 9006-04-6
Ethylenediamine 40% CAS 107-15-3 so this is all it is then ???? Latex disolved in Ethylenediamine ??????

I mean, 60% and 40 % = 100% right ???

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
ttarc;376839

Zajímavé... Podle Wikipedie má ethylendiamin „zápach podobný amoniaku“. Buď nezapáchá při smíchání s přírodním kaučukem, nebo můj Seamoon, který fungoval skvěle, měl jiné složení nebo byl falešný...
„Bezpečnost Ethylendiamin, stejně jako amoniak a další nízkomolekulární aminy, dráždí kůži a dýchací cesty. Pokud není kapalný ethylendiamin těsně uzavřen, uvolňuje do svého okolí toxické a dráždivé páry, zejména při zahřívání. Páry absorbují vlhkost z vlhkého vzduchu a tvoří charakteristickou bílou mlhu, která extrémně dráždí kůži, oči, plíce a sliznice." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethylenediamin
Možná bych se měl vrátit ke svému domácímu posilovači (parafínový olej a/nebo d-limonen (citrónový nebo pomerančový olej)) .

I think you don't have to worry. Chinese players stop playing mostly because of injuries, not toxic diseases.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

I think you don't have to worry. Chinese players stop playing mostly because of injuries, not toxic diseases.

I am also not worried but once the 40 % of Ethylenediamine has evaporated I am obviously just left
with natural rubber aka latex. As most of my glue is also made up of latex I think something is missing
in the equation. Wait , nothing can be missing because 40% and 60% is still 100%, no space for anything else,
right ?????😁

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Question: Among the Chinese boosters, are certain boosters better for certain type of rubber (ie: dense rubber vs porous or ESN)?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
I use the Seamoon on my H3 41deg and it gives me a better rubber to play with comparing this to the H3 NEO 41deg.
About the sponges response to booster over time, I guess that there is something in the booster that is sucked into the sponge that doesn't vanish when the effect wears off. These remnances, I guess, gives the booster less space to crawl into and expand the sponge after each booster sessions. That's my simple thought :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
I have FTL and Seamoon but haven't compared them side by side, e.g two H3 with each booster on the same blade. I wonder if someone has done so and what he thinks

I just used one rubber with FTL, and then next one with Seamoon, so no direct side-by-side experiment as you propose. I didn't find some dramatic difference in performance and duration though. In fact, for me more important is the experience when working with the booster, when putting it on. FTL is more oil-y, Seamoon is more mucus-y. I prefer to work with FTL, and next one I'll go for is FTL - also because it is mostly used now :)

I'd perhaps dare to say, that I think that Seamoon is initially working smoother, stretching the rubber tiny bit less than FTL. And as mocker88 points out - and given Harty's composition - it would explain why subsequent boosting with Seamoon has limits - and here I think that FTL is a little bit better for that, for subsequent boosting, although again, I don't think that matters much, well not for me. I hope this last sentence is comprehensible :)

Reactions: Kolev
says Hi, I am a life-long table tennis enthusiast and...
says Hi, I am a life-long table tennis enthusiast and...
Mar 2014