Serve like DA BOSS!

When you copy the best server of all time...
Note: To complete the whole package, one must remain totally emotionless and have an icy cold stare. Total Waldner'esque moment.
This is what happens when the receiver positions himself in a seriously awkward position,,,
You can easily prevent this by position Yourself in the middle of the table...

Reactions: lodro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
This is what happens when the receiver positions himself in a seriously awkward position,,,You can easily prevent this by position Yourself in the middle of the table...

Not sure if you mean that serious.Just in case - if you do position yourself to the middle of the table you will lose way more points from a way higher variety of services.@Gozo: Either way well executed serve 👍

Last edited:
Reactions: SamTheMan

Not sure if you mean that serious.Just in case - if you do position yourself to the middle of the table you will lose way more points from a way higher variety of services.@Gozo: Either way well executed serve 👍

No definitely not at this level, You need to be able to receive serves with Your backhand as well. Position Yourself a little over to the backhand side or You will suffer this fate...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
No definitely not at this level, You need to be able to receive serves with Your backhand as well. Position Yourself a little over to the backhand side or You will suffer this fate...

So first of all Gozos opponent stands in his bh corner like Ma Long. THAT is definitly too far for any level below Ma Long, especially considering his arm length and body height.
But if he stands in the middle of the table, every serve like Gozos to his backhand would result in a crap receive or even total miss like this.
You are simply not capable of receiving well with your backhand as an attacking player if the ball lands out of reach. Have you ever tryed to get a wide ball 1-2 meters away from your backhandside?

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
[quote="Attitude;376176"
But if he stands in the middle of the table, every serve like Gozos to his backhand would result in a crap receive or even total miss like this.
/quote]

Yes this will happen but only if your BH really sucks and you have no footwork. (like me 😁 )

Last edited:
says Rozena! You complete me.
says Rozena! You complete me.
Mar 2021
To give you guys a little context.

My opponent is a fit & athletic twenty-something who has been properly coached, I would call him academy-trained or textbook player. I am sure this stance do work for him or else his coach would have indicated otherwise.

He is a little out of touch since he no longer is part of the program and is in university doing his finance degree (... <insert all Asians are good at maths & ping-pong stereotype joke here> ...) preparing for a career with Goldman or Morgan.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
To give you guys a little context.

My opponent is a fit & athletic twenty-something who has been properly coached, I would call him academy-trained or textbook player. I am sure this stance do work for him or else his coach would have indicated otherwise.

He is a little out of touch since he no longer is part of the program and is in university doing his finance degree (... <insert all Asians are good at maths & ping-pong stereotype joke here> ...) preparing for a career with Goldman or Morgan.

I am a lefty and i am using this kind of serve BUT not routinely. I am using it as a "little surprise packet" and it will get
everybody . I have seen absolute top players being fooled .
The idea is to hide the serve as a normal pendulum serve with back-spin but then "ram" an absolute rocket down the line with side-spin. You are doing it quite well. 😆