First blade opinions

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2022
Hi everyone ,

My name is Andrew and I started to play tt about one month ago ( I played before with my father when I was a child , but rediscovered the game a while a go ). I played with an old blade, "Yaping" or something like that (just a premade one, from 10-15 years ago) but it is impossible to play with it, so I wanted to make my custom batt :
- blade : Andro Flaxonite Driver
- fh : Andro Hexer Grip SFX max
- bh : Andro Good max

For the fh I am looking for great spin but not too fast, and bh just control and blocking .
​​​​​The above setup is costing me around 100$.

Do you think that is ok? Or I could get something better in that price range ? Also , the component will be boughy from local vendors . It's okay to start looking in chinese websites lilke aliexpress?

I woul like to thank you in advance for replying .
Have a nice day!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
Hi and welcome.
As a beginner you could do really good with something like Sanwei Accumulator S + some allround rubbers like 729 Focus III Snipe. That would be about $55.
Focus III Snipe is non tacky, easy to control rubbers, but sufficient speed. Or Palio AK47 series, that is similar to F3S.

Otherwise look at a bit cheaper rubbers with a bit of tack like Kokutaku Blütenkirche, Sanwei Super Spin or LOKI Rxton I. These are really nice beginner rubbers as well. I have a little guide that you could read, but of course. It might not fit everyone, and it's just my opinion. https://chtt.se/en/sidor/for-nyborjare

There are of course lots of similar blades and rubbers in a lot of stores, but go for something like that and you'll have something to start with and build your technique.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2020
My default noobie set-up is:1. Tibhar Stratus Powerwood ( 5 ply Offensive blade ) with both side Donic Baracuda rubber

I think that is way too fast for a beginner, especially an adult one. Five ply wooden blade and two cheap Chinese rubbers or Euro/Japanese beginner rubbers are easily good enough.

OP, it says you're from Romania, I would go with this blade combined together with any of these rubbers: https://pingpongshop.ro/lemne/736-gewo-power-allround-all.html
https://pingpongshop.ro/fete/pimple-in/699-dhs-pf4-50.html
https://pingpongshop.ro/fete/pimple-in/38-andro-good-112278.html

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Hi everyone ,

My name is Andrew and I started to play tt about one month ago ( I played before with my father when I was a child , but rediscovered the game a while a go ). I played with an old blade, "Yaping" or something like that (just a premade one, from 10-15 years ago) but it is impossible to play with it, so I wanted to make my custom batt :

For the fh I am looking for great spin but not too fast, and bh just control and blocking .

Do you think that is ok? Or I could get something better in that price range ? Also , the component will be boughy from local vendors . It's okay to start looking in chinese websites lilke aliexpress?

Have a nice day!

As a beginner, I won't suggest an OFF+ blade.
Rather go with allround blades.

I also don't think you need to spend so much money on rubbers,
Hexer Grip is a bit more expensive.
You can look at Andro Good on both sides maybe, and change to faster rubbers as your progress

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2022
I would suggest Mark V, it's a good rubber for intermediate and advanced. Its also very good for learning. Not the fastest or spinniest but very forgiving in shots and the control is good.

For the blade I suggest something not too fast, maybe an ALL or OFF, depends on your playing style

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2022
Hi everyone ,

Have a nice day!

If you don't mind the 1 month wait, get $10-$20 palio premade bat from aliexpress. CJ8000 rubber for slow tacky, Hadou for faster tacky, and AK47 for faster grippy. Also comes with bat wallet, a ~$10 value!

If you want to custom make, the Sanwei Fextra ($20) blade is great if you plan on getting good fast with training for proper technique.