Viscaria great for the backhand

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Hello,
Since I started using butterfly Viscaria, my backhand has improved a lot. Moreover, many people I talk to at the club who switched to viscaria say that it is really good for the backhand. I read this even in various forums. Why is this the case? There are many outer alc blades but why is Viscaria considered so good for the backhand? Any thoughts please share.

Thanks

Reactions: deanrazorbak
says Rozena! You complete me.
says Rozena! You complete me.
Mar 2021
Hello,
Since I started using butterfly Viscaria, my backhand has improved a lot. Moreover, many people I talk to at the club who switched to viscaria say that it is really good for the backhand. I read this even in various forums. Why is this the case? There are many outer alc blades but why is Viscaria considered so good for the backhand? Any thoughts please share.

Thanks

Serious question.

Are there any other sports out there where the player attribute their success more to the equipment rather than to their own ability?

Just curious.

says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
Aug 2013
Read 3 reviews
Hello,

Thanks

I don't use Viscaria and I still feel that my backhand supports me well in my game.

• Haha
Reactions: latej
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Hello,

Thanks

What blade did you have before?

says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
I think it's partially got to do with the shape of the handle and the balance of the blade. In my experience with Vis it felt very easy and intuitive to transition between fh and bh, compared to a DHS twig skinny handle where I had to make a conscious effort to adjust the blade angle and my grip to suit my shot. I use straight handles now though

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

Serious question.

Are there any other sports out there where the player attribute their success more to the equipment rather than to their own ability?

Just curious.

equestrian, horse racing. maybe motocross, nascar, etc. The whole reason all the auto companies got into running their own race teams is to try to show that their engineering is the best. See the film Ford vs Ferrari.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I think Viscaria is slightly more head-light compared to HL5 (which is slightly head heavier).

Maybe this makes Viscaria more suited for shorter strokes like backhands, flicks, etc. HL5 relies on bigger swings and bigger power where the momentum kicks in.