New Zealand junior girl wins rubber bullying lawsuit

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2021
I saw this in another forum >

Story below was released on
6 November 2020, at the height of the pandemic

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/sport/429...-national-body

In the middle of the article it says At one tournament she had the rubber ripped off her bat, just before she was about to play, to prevent her playing in the final, that was very disturbing[ Schick said[

Does anyone down under (or elsewhere) have more information on this ?

Last edited:
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
probably fake news 😂

Anyway, if it was an official tournament the rules say you must have an alternative racket at the ready.
If it was not an official tournament nobody has a chance of any legal repercussions as the organizers are at liberty to make the rules up as they please and change them as they please as well.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
Doesn’t seem fake to me, search has returned many news articles about her, not just the one mentioned above. I doubt a fake news editor is making a series of stories for her.

As for the alternative racket thing, it is alternative for a reason, and it doesn’t necessarily have to be the same blade/rubber, and sometimes players often neglect to care for it since it’s rarely used. There’s a famous story about Zhang Yining and her alternative racket, google it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
The story sounds bad, especially since in indigenous girl is involved so of course racism seems to be a possibility.

But tough to judge from here.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Doesn’t seem fake to me, search has returned many news articles about her, not just the one mentioned above. I doubt a fake news editor is making a series of stories for her.

As for the alternative racket thing, it is alternative for a reason, and it doesn’t necessarily have to be the same blade/rubber, and sometimes players often neglect to care for it since it’s rarely used. There’s a famous story about Zhang Yining and her alternative racket, google it.

https://www.tabletennis.org.nz/Competitions-1/player-ratings

Sorry buddy but i can not find her anywhere in the NZ TT rankings of woman who compete in national tournaments
Maybe you have better luck than me

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews

I do have better “luck” than you , but where I come from we call it “basic skill of using google search and common knowledge”. If you just search her name, you’ll find videos from 2019 of her game, and if you search for “table tennis New Zealand rankings u15” https://www.ittf.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/2021_42_U15_WS.html you’ll find her there. Also, you can find this article about a different player Jiayi Zhou on the website you linked https://www.tabletennis.org.nz/newsarticle/58774 but her name isn’t in the list you linked either, I wonder what that means.🤔 Hmm, youth rankings is in a separate list, who would have thought 😂

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

Its not fake news.
Guess you not too up to date with news in NZ.

I saw this in 2020 already, i'm not sure if she is still in the sport.

NZ TT is pretty mess up,
There is no OG and CG dreams, so why bother even playing TT, if you qualify for the games, you still sit at home to watch it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews

Its not fake news.
Guess you not too up to date with news in NZ.

I saw this in 2020 already, i'm not sure if she is still in the sport.

NZ TT is pretty mess up,
There is no OG and CG dreams, so why bother even playing TT, if you qualify for the games, you still sit at home to watch it.

Sounds like it’s really upside down over there 🥲 but I think she’s still playing, the rankings I linked above is from late 2021.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

Sounds like it’s really upside down over there 🥲 but I think she’s still playing, the rankings I linked above is from late 2021.

hope she still is.

I know there has been cases where players qualify for OG and CG (happening right this moment), but the national federation decided that since they are not medal contenders, that the player should rather stay at home and watch the games from the couch like everyone else.

quite mess up mentality

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017

hope she still is.

I know there has been cases where players qualify for OG and CG (happening right this moment), but the national federation decided that since they are not medal contenders, that the player should rather stay at home and watch the games from the couch like everyone else.

quite mess up mentality

Some countries have qualifying standards that are higher than the IOC standards to reduce costs and only send athletes who have the chance to reach a certain result. For example in Germany in track and field it was often defined as a realistic chance to reach top8 in the competition