I just ordered from tabletennis11.com. What a pain!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I haven't ordered rubbers from tabletennis11.com for a while. During that time I got a new card with an updated expiration date and CVV. The tabletennis11 website said it my card was acceptable but then it told me to get the transfer authorized by calling a number that didn't stay up on the screen long enough to get my phone and dial so my order was canceled. Finally I wrote down the number and called it. They seem to want to know everything about me except for the first 12 numbers of my social security number. I don't like giving that amount of detail over the phone. How did they get this data to verify anyway? They authorized/verified me. I had to go through the order process yet again but this time the order was accepted.

I wish more places would use a Yubikey. It is a secure authentication device that you plug into a USB port to verify that you are you. I think it is based in Stockholm but there are offices in the US. The names of the founders are Swedish. Microsoft and Google support Yubikeys.

Verification by phone like tabletennis11 uses is crazy and I must go through this interrogation every time I order from tabletennis11. Wake up tabletennis11.

BTW, I order 4 Rakza 7 2mm rubbers. 2 for me and 1 each for each of my practice partners. I use the buy 4 for the prices of 3 so prices was just less than 30 USD a sheet.

ARE YOU LISTENING TABLETENNIS11?

This user has no status.
I haven't ordered rubbers from tabletennis11.com for a while. During that time I got a new card with an updated expiration date and CVV. The tabletennis11 website said it my card was acceptable but then it told me to get the transfer authorized by calling a number that didn't stay up on the screen long enough to get my phone and dial so my order was canceled. Finally I wrote down the number and called it. They seem to want to know everything about me except for the first 12 numbers of my social security number. I don't like giving that amount of detail over the phone. How did they get this data to verify anyway? They authorized/verified me. I had to go through the order process yet again but this time the order was accepted.

I wish more places would use a Yubikey. It is a secure authentication device that you plug into a USB port to verify that you are you. I think it is based in Stockholm but there are offices in the US. The names of the founders are Swedish. Microsoft and Google support Yubikeys.

Verification by phone like tabletennis11 uses is crazy and I must go through this interrogation every time I order from tabletennis11. Wake up tabletennis11.

BTW, I order 4 Rakza 7 2mm rubbers. 2 for me and 1 each for each of my practice partners. I use the buy 4 for the prices of 3 so prices was just less than 30 USD a sheet.

ARE YOU LISTENING TABLETENNIS11?

safety above all!!! our bank's payment gateway, is constantly making security updates. it is true that it does not require additional verification, this is only for logging into Internet banking, there verification via an additional PIN is required.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022
as the others already wrote: it is your card issuer, not tabletennis11 subjecting you to this security feature.On top of that i can only say good things about tabletennis11, i just called them and Sergei himself took the call and helped me with my questions.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Are you guys saying that my bank FORCES tabletennis11 to make me go through this procedure? So far, this has only happened when ordering from tabletennis11. What are they authenticating? It isn't the card. The Tabletennis11 site my card was OK. What they were authenticating is me, the person using the card. Why not send a text message with a code or use a Yubikey?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews

PayPal exchange rate very bad

Yep, it is, but you gotta pay a price to get the convenience and safety you want 😉

Also, it is your card issuers job to verify that “you” are the one using your card , that’s the whole point of verification. They see that the card is being used on a foreign website, for a foreign transaction for the first time, of course they’d like to make sure it’s “you”. As for why not a text message or a yubikey, call your bank and ask them. My bank usually sends me a email, and notifies me through their app.

Reactions: deanrazorbak
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I see all these rants now and then, but going towards the wrong person.
The other day was 7 year old 2nd (or 3rd, or 4th hand maybe) butterfly blade that is damaged and blaming butterfly for low quality and no customer service.

I wonder if OP communicated this issue to TT11 and what was the customer service response for such rant?
TT11 is so good with customer service, its hard to find another company that does better (especially consider the amount of clients they deal with on a daily basis).

And not to mention, ranting in the wrong direction too lol

Does OP want TT11 to be issuing Yubikey's to all TT customers going forward?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I see all these rants now and then, but going towards the wrong person.
The other day was 7 year old 2nd (or 3rd, or 4th hand maybe) butterfly blade that is damaged and blaming butterfly for low quality and no customer service.

I wonder if OP communicated this issue to TT11 and what was the customer service response for such rant?
TT11 is so good with customer service, its hard to find another company that does better (especially consider the amount of clients they deal with on a daily basis).

And not to mention, ranting in the wrong direction too lol

Does OP want TT11 to be issuing Yubikey's to all TT customers going forward?

This is not ranting in the wrong direction. As I said before, my card was verified OK on the tabletennis11 website before being redirected to make the time wasting phone call. The call was NOT to my bank but to S E B which is a European internet banking or security firm from what I have figured out.

The question is who is responsible for that inquisition? I have an account at tabletennis11. Why not send a 6 digit number to my e-mail account? Why even bother if the the rubbers are going to the same location they have always gone too. I can see taking extra precautions if the buyer doesn't have an account or is a first time buyer but I have bought many times from tabletennis11 and this is the first time I have had to put up with this hassle.

Any, I wasn't calling my bank.

I tried e-mailing tabletennis11 last week but I got no response.

Yubikeys are just another but more secure form of authentication. They are easy to use. Other simple methods are sending me a 6 digit code by text msg or e-mail to enter in their website. The text message way probably won't work internationally. That might not work sending to a foreign country. Also, if the product is to be sent to the same addresses as before then why put us through the hassle?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
Sounds like you don't know how secure payments are made. TT11, and most website that offers a secure payment method is not handling the payment themselves. Because making sure it is secure is a really hard job, and not all companies have the resources to handle that, not to mention they'll need deep understanding on coding, and encryption. So most of them just let a 3rd party do it for them, like shopify, or amazon pay, or google pay, or apple pay. The one you encountered might just be the go to option they use in Estonia.

TT11 is not responsible of authenticating that "you" are the person who's using "your card", the verification that you said their website shows is just a simple "is that card number a real card number", and/or "is that card number VISA or MASTERCARD", after that they'll send the information to the appropriate 3rd party secure payment site, and the secure payment site will handle everything from there, then simply return a message to TT11 that says "payment OK" or "payment failed".

Also, I'm really interested in what you said in your email, since I've always gotten a reply from them within a day or two, other than weekends.

BTW, I know Yubikey is awesome, I use one myself, but to incorporate that into all the payment systems out there will take time. Not a lot of places supports yubikey now, and it's been out for a long time already. I know a lot of Chinese banks uses a similar thing, to use their system one must plugin a USB authentication key, but I haven't seen many of banks outside of China doing that.

Last edited:
Reactions: pilami
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
The question is who is responsible for that inquisition? I have an account at tabletennis11. Why not send a 6 digit number to my e-mail account?

Seems like many people that bought from TT11 doesn't have the same problem that you have.
So it isn't a TT11 problem.

TT11 might not even be able to give you any answer or solution.

I suspect, this is a problem between your bank and the European banking service/financial service partner of which TT11 uses.
Do you have a credit card with another bank that you can try? maybe no problem with that other bank and then you have your investigation concluded.

Or maybe what bank you are with, and maybe other forums members with such bank can confirm if they experience the same or not

This user has no status.

Yep, it is, but you gotta pay a price to get the convenience and safety you want 😉

Also, it is your card issuers job to verify that “you” are the one using your card , that’s the whole point of verification. They see that the card is being used on a foreign website, for a foreign transaction for the first time, of course they’d like to make sure it’s “you”. As for why not a text message or a yubikey, call your bank and ask them. My bank usually sends me a email, and notifies me through their app.

You can also let yourself get charged in the original currency and let your card/bank determine the exchange rate (which is almost always lower than paypal)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews

You can also let yourself get charged in the original currency and let your card/bank determine the exchange rate (which is almost always lower than paypal)

Think you're quoting the wrong person here, I'm commenting on @piligrim 's reason for not using PayPal. As for myself, I've always used the Euro option on TT11.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I used different cards to buy from TT11 and never had an issue, so i don't want to face some updates with them because someone has an issue by any mean, i hate to go through some new security system if they listen to someone issue, i could have issues anywhere too, but i hate that i keep going through many security authorizing check ups each time i order from somewhere or using a different card or payment, PayPal did block my account once for dunno what reason so i made another account that is working, but they charge for exchange, so i stopped using them.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
I used different cards to buy from TT11 and never had an issue, so i don't want to face some updates with them because someone has an issue by any mean, i hate to go through some new security system if they listen to someone issue, i could have issues anywhere too, but i hate that i keep going through many security authorizing check ups each time i order from somewhere or using a different card or payment, PayPal did block my account once for dunno what reason so i made another account that is working, but they charge for exchange, so i stopped using them.

Though I agree that OP's problem is with his bank, or maybe some payment center, I disagree that TT11 should not listen to their customers, or even not considering to update their website based on customer reviews and suggestions. The internet is changing rapidly, more so than ever, new security bugs are found everyday and new security fixes are implemented everyday. I would hate to see TT11 have their website stuck in the past, and one day getting hacked.

Reactions: TareqPhoto
This user has no status.

Though I agree that OP's problem is with his bank, or maybe some payment center, I disagree that TT11 should not listen to their customers, or even not considering to update their website based on customer reviews and suggestions. The internet is changing rapidly, more so than ever, new security bugs are found everyday and new security fixes are implemented everyday. I would hate to see TT11 have their website stuck in the past, and one day getting hacked.

That is not related to TT11, but to any site also, and if it is working for me like for 5-8 years without issues or security headache then why bring the headache suddenly in future because of what you call the rapid changing?!!! I mean if i am comfortable with one site for long time and then they have kind of rules whatever they are be is security or not then i naturally will try to find another site with less headache, the OP had an issue and he asked about it, imagine if the issue is still there he will change to another site even if we all are using it flawlessly, so i just say that security level is important as long it keep it smooth and no headaches and straight forward.

I ordered an item from one site [not related to table tennis], and the package was stuck at one station because of FedEx rules and regulations that made me like never slept for couple days until it was done, the package or item was very expensive, so i couldn't let it unfinished/unfixed, i can't think if every time i order from TT11 and alike and i always have the security calls from them or messages then i won't keep using them, i tend to have many cards to use in years.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews

That is not related to TT11, but to any site also, and if it is working for me like for 5-8 years without issues or security headache then why bring the headache suddenly in future because of what you call the rapid changing?!!! I mean if i am comfortable with one site for long time and then they have kind of rules whatever they are be is security or not then i naturally will try to find another site with less headache, the OP had an issue and he asked about it, imagine if the issue is still there he will change to another site even if we all are using it flawlessly, so i just say that security level is important as long it keep it smooth and no headaches and straight forward.

I ordered an item from one site [not related to table tennis], and the package was stuck at one station because of FedEx rules and regulations that made me like never slept for couple days until it was done, the package or item was very expensive, so i couldn't let it unfinished/unfixed, i can't think if every time i order from TT11 and alike and i always have the security calls from them or messages then i won't keep using them, i tend to have many cards to use in years.

Yeah right, a website that's working for 5-8 years without updates, I'd love to know which one that is 😂 Do you even know that a lot of the protocols from 8 years ago won't even work on present day browsers?

Most companies that have their own website will have at least monthly if not weekly updates/maintenance done to the backend servers, you really think just because you can't see things changing on the webpage there's no updates going on behind the scene? Btw, this is the first time I've ever heard that someone don't like their credit card info stored in a secure location, if you don't care about that why not just share that info with the all of us then, I bet lots of people would like to have that.

Btw, it seems like you have completely no idea what "security" means for the internet, you should probably do some research on that before commenting. And it's not me who's claiming the internet is rapidly changing, it's a fact. But if you want to believe that the internet stays the same for multiple years, then believe all you want, I'll just let the fact speak for itself, no point arguing with someone living under a rock.

Also, the OP didn't "ask" about an issue, he's "ranting" about an issue and ranting towards the wrong party.