Questions about equipment for disabled people

This user has no status.
What would you recommend for a game with more control?
I am physically handicapped, I have reduced mobility, a mobility similar to Israel stroh, a class 7 Paralympic table tennis player, currently ranked 11th in the world.

I currently use a dhs power g5x with a xiom vega pro forehand and xiom omega asia backhand, but when I try to speed up the game I can't reposition myself, I get lost in my own effect precisely because of my mobility.

Some people at the Academy where I train have been asking me to put in long pinps, mainly to slow down the speed of the game.
My initial idea would be to put long pinps in my FH, my BH is absurdly better than FH.
There is a guy at the academy who plays with a racquet that he said would be "ideal" for me.
Racket Donic Ovtcharov Soft Carbon V1, FH JOOLA Samba Plus+ 2.0mm and BH Butterfly Feint AG.

Can I use them as reference?

​​​​​​​And excuse my English, I'm using translator.

This user has no status.
i believe there is a Nittaku or from another manufacturer a Blade especially for handicapped people.
Maybe worth looking into it and others who play them can chime in.
Yeah the Samba is a Classic,i think Joola Fire would be really a try wort,i recently switched to it and must say it comes near the oldtimers like the Samba,etc but is definitely for the polyball 40.
cant say much else cuse i think i played the original Samba back in the 90s,i think the HD is a newer Model.
The Ovtcharov Blade is spoken higly of and if you can train with this setup and borrow it from your clubmate.
But i believe there are lots of choices you have,maybe even a Waldner Carbon or a special Blade constructed for you would also fit the bill to dampen your FH.
Some manufactorers like @hipnotic SDC blades can make you a blade with one aggressive side and one defensie or slower side.
SDC
The Feints are a maynstay in the LP rubbers,but there will definitely chime some LP players in.
P:S: maybe you can slow down with a assymetric blade and can play 2 inverted insted of switching (just to keep in mind),cause it will be switch from playstyles.
GL to ya!

Last edited:
This user has no status.

Thanks man.

I needed to understand what are the materials with more effect and control to have a base, because I realized this in the championship, I'm playing some local/regional championships, there are times when I accelerate the game, but only the opponent block I can not reposition myself, even more in my region the championships in which I participate I end up playing only against "normal" people, then it becomes a big disadvantage.

I am glad that, having a material with more effect and control, I can cadence better and play more glued to the table.

Thanks for the help, man

Reactions: Haraold
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I can imagine it is almost easier to play attacking game with long or medium pimples on forehand. I think the angle can be diffiult if you want to pushblock. There is one para player in Sweden that attack with Keiler i think. Keiler is very popular in para national team in Sweden.

Try the racket of your friend and see how you like it.

I have no clue how Anti would play on forehand side. Maybe worth a try aswell.

If you learn to play with another material than backside i think you could benefit from some twiddling. If you become good at that i think it can be diffucult for the opponent to play as fast.

Another option would be to play slower and not as fast with inverted.

Reactions: Haraold
This user has no status.
what i would really recomend is the Factive from Nittaku,this rubber was the most forgiving rubber for my game when i was out of position,got a Reflex,etc...
But its no G1 or some spin machine,(more like an easier to play C1)I believe you would like his stability in all aspects of rubbers.
not to fast-not to slow
not to hard-not to soft
not to spin -not an Anti
it was basically the best allrounder for playing out of position and just get the ball across somehow.
Hope it helps,and dont be shy to meessage @Hipnotic for a blade that suits you exactly.
but i have a question,you personally want to switch to pimples or at least give it a try or you would love to play with inverted rubbers?
I only played the Spinlord Degu for a shor amount of time,and back in the Glory days the Curl 1 (yes,it was awesome,and not as easy as some people liked everyone to believe.)
Just ask yourself which route you will go and then just as always,Training,Training and occasionally listen to a coach :)
and Lula seems like she has some insight into pimples out of the never versions,as far as i can tell the Spinlord is also fairly priced (all of em tbh) and has overall good quality.
quite a few play with them instead of the Big Brands.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Exactly Haraold.
I want to have a game with spin, speed and control.
I don't want people who play against me to see that it's a boring thing.
And honestly I'm not a fan of pips, since Wednesday I've been using a DHS C8 in the BH, my only desire is to take it off.🤣
And I am not ashamed to send a message to Hipnotic, I don't know if he ships to Brazil and I myself don't know what would be the best racket composition for me.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
he probably does i am sure,and you can both talk portugese/Brazil :)
well just send him a mail,he probably has already made a Blade for someone with your Playstyle.
Or at least he would give you tips about veneers Fibers,etc which will suit your playstyle,if you tell him what Blades you played and liked most.
Or you go on a new adventure and see where the journey of the Blade Prototype takes you bot.
Well my best all around Rubber i played which has all at an intermediate Level is probably the Nittaku Factive,but that suited my playstyle best.
If you want to try another Rubber,which most say play like short pips Nittaku Goriiki kaisoku,but this is damn hard rubber,but maybe it is something for you.
On the LP side,i only know teammates,with Spinlord Dornenglanz,Tibhar Grass Dtecs.etc...
Just go on an adventure if you have the Money and the patience,iam on my search too.
Recently teste the Joola Rhyzen Fire,also an intemediate i would say,quite spinny but tampered down on the speed side.
Gl have to go,will write back!#