Lin gaoyuan sponsorship with Butterfly

This user has no status.
Honestly I was supporting Harimoto during the final, but I like LGY, and seeing him have to pick up his loser's trophy right after losing broke my heart. It was so painful watching it because you could see how disappointed (and even sad) he looked through his body language and face. I get that the CNT is ruthless but he didn't even get sympathy from his coach. I hope he gets some support because losses like those could be very damaging to his mental health.
Mental health went out the window the moment he decided to become pro table tennis player in China

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
Honestly I was supporting Harimoto during the final, but I like LGY, and seeing him have to pick up his loser's trophy right after losing broke my heart. It was so painful watching it because you could see how disappointed (and even sad) he looked through his body language and face. I get that the CNT is ruthless but he didn't even get sympathy from his coach. I hope he gets some support because losses like those could be very damaging to his mental health.
Mental health went out the window the moment he decided to become pro table tennis player in China

Looks like you are even more dissapointed than him :)

This user has no status.

my exact thoughts as well.

CNT men's team superiority over all other teams will be in question once XX and ML retire

FZD alone will be uncontested in singles but will have to hold the line with the likes of LGY, LJK and WCQ against international teams - while LJK and WCQ are great, they still have issues with winning consistency against foreign players

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Does butterfly has some kind of quota? like they will only sponsor a certain numbet of cnt players at a time. Because as far as i know fzd, zhang jike and also the youngster lin shidong is sponsored by bty at the moment. Saw on bty global that he's using a custiom alc with dignics on bh.

There is no quota.
Look at how many Japanese of Taiwanese players they sponsor.
I'm taking a wild guess, but I would easily say the ratio is 5-10 to 1, 1 being the combined sponsored of all other brands. so if each brand sponsored 1 player, and that equates to say 20 or 30 players, Butterfly is 100 to 200 players, across all age groups.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

Things haven't changed for 5-10 years for LGY.
Its not just his lost, but how he lost.

But that is the reality when your colleagues can replace you in work in any trade across the world.
Nonperforming, gets replaces/retrenched - unless your boss has no one better to replace you (which sums up most of the 200 playing countries in the world)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

my exact thoughts as well.

CNT men's team superiority over all other teams will be in question once XX and ML retire

FZD alone will be uncontested in singles but will have to hold the line with the likes of LGY, LJK and WCQ against international teams - while LJK and WCQ are great, they still have issues with winning consistency against foreign players

LGY is 27, LJK is 26.
WCQ is 22
FZD is 25

at the moment LJK still looks like an olympic candidate, but LGY is pretty much out of the equation. His BMT just doesn't exist and too much of a risk.

Seems like 2 singles will be FZD and WCQ.
Teams event, maybe ML will still play, with LJK and 1 another junior.
Weather ML can still play singles, remain to be seen

says Rozena! You complete me.
says Rozena! You complete me.
Mar 2021

There is no quota.
Look at how many Japanese of Taiwanese players they sponsor.
I'm taking a wild guess, but I would easily say the ratio is 5-10 to 1, 1 being the combined sponsored of all other brands. so if each brand sponsored 1 player, and that equates to say 20 or 30 players, Butterfly is 100 to 200 players, across all age groups.

Maybe that explains why a Tenergy cost USD 75.00 a piece whereas a Donic M1 cost USD 37.50 a piece.

Amateurs need to pay for the upkeep of Professionals.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Maybe that explains why a Tenergy cost USD 75.00 a piece whereas a Donic M1 cost USD 37.50 a piece.

Amateurs need to pay for the upkeep of Professionals.

Consumers paying for costs of marketing (expenses) of companies is pretty standard across the board in all industries.
So to answer you, then yes. that is the case.

Many brands doesn't do marketing, and should/are normally cheaper due to lower overheads.
Some brands are terrible in marketing

In terms of Butterfly, they make a Tenergy, and can make money off it for 10-15 years
for other brands, 3 years tops, then it is replaced with maybe 1 or 2 more models (seems like new models out every year)

Last edited: