Anna Hursey (Wales)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019

Anna Hursey (born June 22, 2006 in Carmarthen, Wales) is a Welsh tennis player. She is considered to be the youngest athlete to represent Wales at the senior level on the national team in any sport. Hursey competed at the 2018 Commonwealth Games in Gold Coast, Australia and the 2022 Commonwealth Games in Birmingham, England and the 2019 World Cup in Budapest. Bronze medalist at the 2021 World Youth Championships in women's doubles. Silver medalist of the European Youth Championship 2022 in women's doubles. Bronze medalist of Europe Youth Top-10 2020 among cadets in Berlin.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I recall she was also the youngest to appear in some world champ or world team championships.

Young little lady, with the huge backing from her folks, especially the big sacrifice from her Mom
Not sure if there is much support from the national federation, but the travel away to train in Harbin with a high level coach friend of mine, and to still do home study is sure not easy when she was not even a teenager yet

Last edited:
Reactions: OldUser
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
I recall she was also the youngest to appear in some world champ or world team championships.

Young little lady, with the huge backing from her folks, especially the big sacrifice from her Mom
Not sure if there is much support from the national federation, but the travel away to train in Harbin with a high level coach friend of mine, and to still do home study is sure not easy when she was not even a teenager yet

Yeah that's the issue with little nations in TT like Wales when it comes to young players development. Like the african ones who go to France or Germany.

And that's probably why she's now strugglin with that glass ceiling because she did not do very well in the past year, that 15 to 17 years old zone is quite difficult for the teenagers, even Prithika Pavade is now back to compete in WTT Youth events because the switch to the senior level was pretty hard for her recently, also because she kept on graduating for the Baccalauréat just after the olympics.