Advanced TTD Member 169 433
    D
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 433 169

User Info Menu

Jul 2017
    Germany
    Read 0 Reviews

Ma long, FZD and xu xin are like the big 3 in tennis:)

For those of you who follow tennis have you ever thought of that?

Fan Zhendong= djokovic
    Aggressive and very strong of both wings with no weaknesses and extreme consistency and few errors, complete player equally strong of both wings

Xu xin=nadal
    Extreme footspeed and super spinny forehand with extreme arcs and angles. Both are lefties

Ma long = federer
    Super dominant and powerful forehand. Backhand is pretty good too but not as dominant as FZD and others, also uses some tricks like chop block to keep the pace on the backhand just like federer uses his slice.

The Following 2 Users Like Dominikk85's Post:

OldUser and TaiHaoPingPong

Last edited by Dominikk85; 08-02-2022 at 01:17 PM.

This user has no status.

Elite TTD Member 132 1,159
    T
    This user has no status.

Elite TTD Member 1,159 132
    I love watching tennis as i love watching table tennis, your comparison is came from their playing style, great, but what about achievement? I mean only Nadal has Olympics same as Ma Long, also Nadal is the most GS winner, where that put him? And Djokovic is most Masters winner, is that equivalent to the World Cup maybe or Continent championship? But for playing style i won't disagree there.

This user has no status.

TTD Member 1 9
    M
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 9 1

User Info Menu

Jul 2022
    United States
    Read 0 Reviews

I deleted the reference post in my posting here per moderator instruction

Nice to know that India has a new flag (as introduced by TTDaily) as shown on JacobHue's profile 🤣

Last edited by monique; 08-10-2022 at 03:00 PM.

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 70 247
    O
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 247 70

User Info Menu

Mar 2022
    Europe
    Read 0 Reviews
    So In that case Waldner, Gatien, Saive and Persson (the real one, Jorgen, not Jon hahaha) were like the Fantastic 4 of the 90's: Sampras, Agassi, Courier and Edberg.

Come on... be serious... Xu Xin has never won so many single events, only the 2013 World Cup vs Samsonov. The Fedalvic category requires to have win at least 20 grand slam tournaments, for sure there are less in TT, but Xu Xin can't be compared to ML and FZD, putting ZJK in that category would have been way more accurate.
    Last edited by OldUser; 08-05-2022 at 07:35 AM.

This user has no status.

Elite TTD Member 132 1,159
    T
    This user has no status.

Elite TTD Member 1,159 132
    Quote Originally Posted by OldUser
    So In that case Waldner, Gatien, Saive and Persson (the real one, Jorgen, not Jon hahaha) were like the Fantastic 4 of the 90's: Sampras, Agassi, Courier and Edberg.

Come on... be serious... Xu Xin has never won so many single events, only the 2013 World Cup vs Samsonov. The Fedalvic category requires to have win at least 20 grand slam tournaments, for sure there are less in TT, but Xu Xin can't be compared to ML and FZD, putting ZJK in that category would have been way more accurate.

Exactly, ZJK has a better achievement over Xu Xin and even over FZD, so Xu Xin is more like Murray or Wawrinka in Tennis at least, i can say ZJK is like Federer because he was the first to capture the grand slam of TT before ML, and not yet of FZD until he can capture the gold in singles in Olympics, Xu Xin has a great nice style away from table and penholder and left hander, but his records against some Chinese is less, heck even Ma Lin and Wang Hao are better records to me than Xu Xin, but i definitely like Xu Xin style.

The Following User Likes TareqPhoto's Post:

OldUser

says I like to hit Heavy Topspin

Super Moderator 16,678 15,255

Super Moderator 15,255 16,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominikk85
    Xu xin=nadal
    Fun fact. Not that this has anything to do with anything:

Both Nadal and Xu Xin are actually right handed but were made to play Tennis (for Nadal) and Table Tennis (for Xu Xin) with their left hand by a coach because they were stronger this way when they were fairly young.

That being said, I am not so sure the comparisons between top tennis players and top table tennis players really holds much water other than they are top players. The two sports are sooooo different.

The Following User Likes UpSideDownCarl's Post:

OldUser

Setup 1: Blade by Nate: Vortex Spin Machine, FH Evolution MX-K, BH Evolution FX-P
    Setup 2: OSP Virtuoso Plus, FH Rasanter R 48, BH Rasanter R 48
    Spin is Everything

Super Moderator 16,678 15,255

Super Moderator 15,255 16,678
    Quote Originally Posted by monique

Nice to know that India has a new flag (as introduced by TTDaily) as shown on JacobHue's profile 🤣

JacobHue was a spambot. Could you delete the links in your quote of his text?

The Following User Likes UpSideDownCarl's Post:

TareqPhoto

Setup 1: Blade by Nate: Vortex Spin Machine, FH Evolution MX-K, BH Evolution FX-P
    Setup 2: OSP Virtuoso Plus, FH Rasanter R 48, BH Rasanter R 48
    Spin is Everything

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 70 247
    O
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 247 70

User Info Menu

Mar 2022
    Europe
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by UpSideDownCarl
    Fun fact. Not that this has anything to do with anything:

Both Nadal and Xu Xin are actually right handed but were made to play Tennis (for Nadal) and Table Tennis (for Xu Xin) with their left hand by a coach because they were stronger this way when they were fairly young.

That being said, I am not so sure the comparisons between top tennis players and top table tennis players really holds much water other than they are top players. The two sports are sooooo different.

Sport is sport, individual achievement can be compared as long as you take some variables in consideration: there are less "Grand Slam" events in TT than in tennis as I've mentioned, but all in all what do we see ? both triplets dominate their sport equally, as long as you get Xu Xin out and replace him with ZJK. Both triplets are consistant in each Grand Slam event, reaching at least the semi final or winning it.

Sports being different doesn't matter at all in that case

This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 3,022 4,572
    T
    This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 4,572 3,022

User Info Menu

Sep 2013
    South Africa
    Read 3 Reviews

well, the way things are going, the big 3 needs to play till they 40-45 years old.

next generation and next next generation is not looking good.

The Following User Likes Tony's Table Tennis's Post:

UpSideDownCarl

TTT

This user has no status.

TTD Member 1 9
    M
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 9 1

User Info Menu

Jul 2022
    United States
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by UpSideDownCarl
    JacobHue was a spambot. Could you delete the links in your quote of his text?
    I am not sure what this means. Are you saying a user can add any flag they want in their profile for a country ? If that is the case I apologize.
    If you look at the prfile for user Divyajeet , it shows a different flag for India

I was looking at the article below & it shows yet another different flag for India
    https://twitter.com/sharathkamal1/st...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Anyway as per your instruction I deleted references to Spambot in my previous post in this thread though it renders that post meaningless & orphaned. LOL