Miwa Harimoto

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
The recent success of Wang Manyu indicates that mid distance rally is a key in women’s game. It favours taller players. Let’s see if Miwa can grow tall enough in the next few years.

Yep fully agree.
The Ito's and Hirano would never be able to keep the point the moment they step too far back.
Hiyata can, and i'm sure Miwa will do even better.

She is still so young. Give her 4~6 years, she would be steady top 5 for sure, how much into the top 3 is yet to be seen
I think she will have more success and more steady in the top 5/10 than her brother.
One reason is, not much challenges from Europe and other part of the world to challenge her. Its just her and the Chinese basically

This user has no status.
The recent success of Wang Manyu indicates that mid distance rally is a key in women’s game. It favours taller players. Let’s see if Miwa can grow tall enough in the next few years.

girls dont have enough power to finish a point when a opponent is at mid distance rallying

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
is the Star Contender Goa 2023 the breakthrough tournament for Miwa HARIMOTO ?
she's been ruthless against Kasumi ISHIKAWA, CHEN Szu-Yu, and now QIAN Tianyi
3 great wins

now i'm impatient to see against a top Chinese player, its probably going to be WANG Yidi tonight

Reactions: VictorMoraga
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
is the Star Contender Goa 2023 the breakthrough tournament for Miwa HARIMOTO ?
she's been ruthless against Kasumi ISHIKAWA, CHEN Szu-Yu, and now QIAN Tianyi
3 great wins

now i'm impatient to see against a top Chinese player, its probably going to be WANG Yidi tonight
Miwa is truly an amazing player. She has no equal at her age (14!!!) and will be a future world number 1. Not only is she in the SF, she's also in the Finals of WD and XD.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
OMG sooooo sad...
Miwa played superbly against Wang Yidi.

i have no doubt she'll be much stronger next time and beat all the Chinese players

It looks her game is already faster than her brother’s. don’t know what happened to Tomokazu, he lost 1-3 quickly to LJK who has a back injury.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
OMG sooooo sad...
Miwa played superbly against Wang Yidi.

i have no doubt she'll be much stronger next time and beat all the Chinese players
In her age group, for few years now, no Chinese can challenge her.
I remember a Chinese coach told me, when Miwa went to train in China, she was with the CNT B team (junior team). She was 10 or 11 then (i can't remember exactly), she was beating all the girls 3 to 4 years older than her (in the Chinese National Team)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
I remember a Chinese coach told me, when Miwa went to train in China, she was with the CNT B team (junior team). She was 10 or 11 then (i can't remember exactly), she was beating all the girls 3 to 4 years older than her (in the Chinese National Team)
I hope so too. The Chinese women’s team is way too dominant. However, Tomokazu shows that growth in muscle can lead to slower pace

This user has no status.
Not sure if WTT is ever gonna do the Hawkeye thing to measure RPM on shots again, but I'm fairly confident if they measure the spin on her loops it'll be in the 6000+rpm range at least, probably equal to or even exceeding Wang Manyu's. Those dips on the trajectory are insane!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Watching her play in Goa, I'd say she has tremendous room for growth. Her fundamental technique is much more solid compared to her compatriot. Placing Miwa and Nagasaki's game against Wang YD, it's obvious that Miwa handled Wang's spin and speed better than Nagasaki did, thus more ready to engage in long exchanges. Her forehand is closer to Chinese style rather than European style that the Japanese women currently adopts and her backhand is trademark of his brother.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
a new era has begun

Miwa Harimoto champion in WTT Tunis 2023.png
Miwa Harimoto winner in Tunis 2023.png