Bastard rubbers.

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
To begin with, here is the most common definition of the "bastard thing".
--no longer in its pure or original form; spurious; illegitimate.
E.g. "a bastard Tenergy-05"

ITTF STARTED CAMPAIGN AGAINST THE BASTARD RUBBERS.
Originally Posted by Kuba Hajto said:
729Friendship Battle 2 rubber has 3 distinct variants. Commercial - the most tacky Prov - middle tacky, still tacky as heck Gold - not that tacky And they are actually easiest to play when going from Gold to commercial (the gold was the nicest to play in my hands). This is weird btw, because they should not change top sheets between those versions.
Well, you get it really right. There are several bastard Battle rubbers differing in sponge and amount of tackiness.

The actual edition of ITTF Technical Leaflet T4 Racket Coverings dictates as follows:
- It is the responsibility of the suppliers to keep their brands on the LARC by paying the fees and maintaining the original properties of the racket covering as authorised, without alterations.

Yes, many of Chinese rubbers are now reported to differ in sponge composition and quality from a model sample as having been approved by ITTF, -- in open defiance to ITTF laws. Yes, Chinese suppliers have never been respectful of the T4 prohibition to not alter the original rubber composition. Yes, Chinese took liberties too much by composing and marketing rubber derivatives a lot. . This is the reason that ITTF came out recently with a revision of the T4 document so as to discourage manufacturers from the unduly liberties in marketing sandwich rubbers. By now, ITTF prepared a set of new regulations regarding the use of sandwich rubbers. T4 massive revision is now underway.

Be happy.

Last edited:
Reactions: pilami
says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
(continued)
WHY DID ITTF INCITE THE T4 REVISION?.
It is all for money. Chinese rubber manufacturers figured out how to pay ITTF approval fees far below the duties. Accordingly, ITTF does not like to lose their money profits any longer.
CHINESE TOOK OVER SOME GYPSY TRICKS. .
Having bastard rubbers on market is much the same trick as the herds of wandering Gypsy"s performed in their regular trips across Europe. Gypsy travellers used to only pay for one-passenger ticket even thought a large family of Gypsy"s were to go for the trip.

PS// Naturally, all the railway owners had effected very harsh measures against the stowaways on board. They redoubled ticket-control personnel. .

Last edited:
This user has no status.

Very difficult to act against the chinese manufacturers.
I once tried and got told that all these variants in the rubbers were simply a side effect of massproduction
and to that extend quality would always vary 🤣🤣🤣

Accidentally made a blue colored sponge…
At least make quality consistant within every variant, and not give me a “39 degree” rubber that’s hard as rock.😆

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Accidentally made a blue colored sponge…
At least make quality consistant within every variant, and not give me a “39 degree” rubber that’s hard as rock.😆

Well, inconsistent means inconsistent. Nothing can be guaranteed. Numbers are just numbers.
I even got H3 s that had stickers put on top of the white squares in the back that gives the thickness and hardness of the rubbers. The original showed 38 - 2.15 and then the sticker showed 40.2,2

It is like the box of chocolates, you never know what you are going to get, unless of cause you are a factory sponsored player then they make sure you will get what you want

• Haha
Reactions: PingBirdPong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
It's funny how chinese or asian people in general complain about the lack of consistency from chinese manufacturers when at the same time european buyers don't face any problem. I've bought several BII blue sponge sheets from Harty who has very good communication skills by emailing me as soon as possible to answer my questions. I've bought many H3, no matter how neo commercial, provincial or national they were from the french TT11 store, and they were all perfect and accurate. I guess when they it comes to contracts with euro suppliers, the QC is done seriously.

If you want quality controled Battle II rubbers, no matter if it's BS provincial or orange sponge, just ask Harty at dhs-729.eu

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
It's funny how chinese or asian people in general complain about the lack of consistency from chinese manufacturers when at the same time european buyers don't face any problem. I've bought several BII blue sponge sheets from Harty who has very good communication skills by emailing me as soon as possible to answer my questions. I've bought many H3, no matter how neo commercial, provincial or national they were from the french TT11 store, and they were all perfect and accurate. I guess when they it comes to contracts with euro suppliers, the QC is done seriously.

If you want quality controled Battle II rubbers, no matter if it's BS provincial or orange sponge, just ask Harty at dhs-729.eu

I hardly hear of compliant of inconsistent H3 Blue sponge prov/nat rubbers
So not really sure where the rest of the bunch are buying theirs from...

Reactions: OldUser
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022

I hardly hear of compliant of inconsistent H3 Blue sponge prov/nat rubbers
So not really sure where the rest of the bunch are buying theirs from...

From unreliable stores on Aliexpress mostly, because it's cheaper, but you know how it is: quand c'est flou il y a un loup as we french people say "too good to be true". But that's how it is with TT hipsters: they always compete to find the most cheaper alternative stores to talk about it FIRST, and then they complain about the bullshit they've purchased in a total denial hahaha

• Haha
Reactions: Tony's Table Tennis
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

From unreliable stores on Aliexpress mostly, because it's cheaper, but you know how it is: quand c'est flou il y a un loup as we french people say "too good to be true". But that's how it is with TT hipsters: they always compete to find the most cheaper alternative stores to talk about it FIRST, and then they complain about the bullshit they've purchased in a total denial hahaha

hahahahaha, you really made my day!

This also brings to my the recent 2nd hold old old old blade and those old old old rubbers.
I think the moment you have old old old or not reputable authorized sellers, one needs to realise those risks are so much higher