Looking pure Wood blade for developing my skill , Korbel etc

This user has no status.
Hi master
my current setup is DHS301 , DG05 , Tibhar Quantum Pro soft , My friend told me , "you should back to 5ply wood is the way to develop your skill" and i think he correct.
Now I interest my 5ply wood blade(with low weight) such as Pert Korbel , Yasaka Sweden Extra , Stiga all round classic , Stiga offensive or ETC. please recommend me the blade please thanks

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022
You can order any of these blades from tabletennis11 and request a light blade. They will hook you up with a light one. Just received a light (83g) Nittaku Acoustic from them, while my old Nittaku Acoustic that i already have weights 86g.

The Yasaka Sweden Extra is a nice and very affordable (40$) blade than can help you develop your strokes. If you wanna pay 100 bucks more, you can go for the Nittaku Violin (140$) which is even more nice in feeling and controllability.

You should also think about downgrading rubbers, tbh.

This user has no status.
I'd suggest considering 7-ply blades with softer (Limba) outer plies as well besides 5-ply blades. For example, Andro Timber 7 Off is very controllable - almost identical to TSP/Victas SWAT in structure. From Xiom, Allround S and Offensive S (both 5-ply) are a benchmark of high-quality all-wood blades (Extreme S is also no exception, but it may be faster and stiffer than you would like). Yinhe all-wood blades are also very controllable (Uranus series blades: U1 VB, U2, U3 - 7-ply), my favourites for testing new rubbers. Neottec has also a few good blades, like Voodoo Classic (this is 5-ply).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
Because, you mentioned that you are considering, "Stiga all round classic", I would say, instead try "Neottec Voodoo Classic". 20 Euros cheaper than the Stiga and I feel that it is in every way superior than the Stiga allround. I own both these blades and have played long enough with both of these to give you this advice.

Reactions: riemsesy
This user has no status.
Nice topic

I bought some 7ply blades only to compare them to one i tested before and it was great for me, i tried to have similar specifications as much to that one i tried, and i made sure that they are all 7ply all wood because the one i tested also 7ply wood, but i used that for defensive only as it has LP one side, not my blade, now i don't know if all or many 7ply wood blades will be almost the same performance with LP rubbers too, i only care about defense with LP side, not worry about FH side, but i don't want to make mistakes.

I bought cheap ones, but i ordered two Yinhe rubbers including one LP, so i keep thinking about buying a 7ply wood blade or even 5ply for those two rubbers, i have Yinhe N11 and i placed one LP rubber which is BTY Faint OX and it was completely bad, a disaster for me, at least the FH with Fastarc G1 saved me some pointed, but the blade overall wasn't good, it was my first ever blade to buy in 2015 and didn't want to get rid of it, but sounds i just have no any good use of it either for offensive or defensive anyway, slow for me and not consistent, i mean when i tested that blade of a club not mine for first time it was amazing for defense and BH side, not so on FH and i have to return it back, so hopefully today i am going to the club and collect it with another blade for a fix and test, Cybershape cheap one all wood [not sure how many ply].

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
Really, ANY 5 or 7 ply all wood blade in the ALL+ zone like 1200 to 1250 Hz will do just fine paired with 42 to 47° hardness rubbers, mid soft ones so. Composite blades are also fine, like the Waldner Diablo Senso if you can still find one, it's really... perfect: the glassfiber plies increase sweet pot without having the carbon's too much speed and high reaction inconvenience.
Take a look at this google spreadsheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tnzuhP98Iwl3_ZYIKs770Z4GeEXB1cPaF6xXC3IMLfg/edit#gid=0

Reactions: riemsesy
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2022
I am also having this question. Any thought selecting between Yasaka Sweden extra and Butterfly Petr korbel ? I am beginner to intermediate..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
I am also having this question. Any thought selecting between Yasaka Sweden extra and Butterfly Petr korbel ? I am beginner to intermediate..

Sweden Extra is (at least should be on average) lighter, thinner and slower than a Korbel when comparing specimens with the same weight. Korbels can be quite fast (solid OFF, although nowadays it is on the lower end of OFF) and a better comparison would be the Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive). Quality-wise I can't say anything bad about Yasaka blades. Good quality especially when considering the low price (YSE ~35€ vs Korbel EU 40€ vs Korbel Japan 85€). The Korbel has a larger head size and will feel a bit more head heavy.
If you can you should test these blades before buying and see which feels better (different handles can make quite a difference) and has a nice balance. For beginners/intermediates I would choose the Sweden Extra.

This user has no status.
I am still into tests, i have Yasaka Extra blade, and i just recently changed the FH rubber to H3 NEO boosted, BH still has Yasaka Anti Power, but before when it has MXP on FH and played with it it wasn't that fast really, and many times it scrambles my game on BH, at the beginning first time i used AP it was nice, but later it became like faster rubber and no spin killing much, like it lost its performance, but i won't blame the blade for that anyway.

Another blade i tested and it was my first ever is YinHe N11, it is just slow, i need super power of Chinese to make it working, i installed Faint OX on BH and Nittaku G-1 on FH, and while that FH is fast enough but not consistent enough, while for LP on BH, Ah Oh, i damaged me more than damaging the opponent, last time i played with it in doubles with a partner i was able to record like 5 points with it and lose like 5-8 points with it, and sometimes i lose like 8 points with it, thanks for opponents that sometimes they didn't know how to dial with the LP but it wasn't a big damage after all, we both lost all games against 3 teams and didn't quality, it was never same performance i had before with Yasaka Max Wood and Yasaka LP, i can blame the blade here definitely.

Now i ordered several blades for tests, one of them is Yasaka Max Wood itself, i hope it will be same like or even better than the one i tested before, and also i have Nittaku Long Seven i bought while ago before COVID maybe in 2018 or 2019 i can't remember, i was going to sell it, but now i think i will give it a try with LP to compare it with Yasaka Max Wood, and also ordered Donic Ovch Original V1, similar specs to Max Wood and Long 7, also to compare it with Max Wood using LP rubber as well, and there is also that replica names chinese ones, i went with Lemuria 7ply one that is similar replica to Long 3, not sure if i should also try this with LP or not, how fast or control it is, but i think it is a replica so it will definitely be less performance than the original one.

Now i have rubbers from Yinhe which are Yinhe Big Dipper 39 degree and Yinhe Neptune LP OX, i really thinking about only buying Yinhe 7ply [or 5ply] wood for this, i was thinking about DHS PG9 or PG7 at first, but i feel like i want to stay mostly with same brand of rubber if possible at least for one of them if not both, i already have 2 DHS blades very fast and then bought Lemuria as a replica for DHS, so maybe i should give Yinhe another chance with something better than N11, and for LP definitely all wood one, i keep buying only 7ply because i was stunned and blown away with the control of Yasaka Max Wood i was testing, and with two or three blades i tested not 7ply it was like a disaster, i have LP Curl P4 with sponge on BTY Defence III and it is not good for me, sometimes lucky that the opponents don't know how to play against LP, but i wasted a lot of point with it, and all what i keep thinking about is that maybe only 7ply all wood or 9ply or even 5ply all wood but very fast is the only answer, i will see that soon when i receive my Yasaka Max Wood racket and later i'll give the coach the other blades to assemble for tests.

This user has no status.
Korbel in Australia is AUD139. AUD 139! For a beginner's blade?

I bought Butterfly Gun Mizutani ALC in the past while i am just a beginner, even now i don't see myself as top or advanced and i bought Long 5x blade back in 2020 for about US$135, so.....

This user has no status.

I bought Butterfly Gun Mizutani ALC in the past while i am just a beginner, even now i don't see myself as top or advanced and i bought Long 5x blade back in 2020 for about US$135, so.....

No, this is not what I meant. Korbel is a blade for beginners, Mizntani ALC and Long 5X are not blades for beginners, no matter whether users are treating themselves beginners or not. I am just talking about the product itself, not about the level of the buyer.

Last edited:
Reactions: TareqPhoto
This user has no status.

No, this is not what I meant. Korbel is a blade for beginners, Mizntani ALC and Long 5X are not blades for beginners, no matter whether users are treating themselves beginners or not. I am just talking about the product itself, not about the level of the buyer.

Yes that is true, but then it is a problem of Australia only, i saw this blade from several sites for about US$70-80, which i think is about AUD100-115, i am not forced to buy from one place or store if that is an insane price, i am in my country i can feel it is even better than Australia for this blade price but we are not.

So for that price if you are forced to buy it at that, it is better to look at another alternatives.

Reactions: OldUser
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Read 1 reviews
HI... +1 for Tibhar Stratus Powerwood.. Similar in composition to Butterfly Petr Korbel, but a bit thicker and faster.. It's also a lot cheaper than Korbel .. It's a do-it-all type of blade.. For me, it's the best 5-ply all-wood OFF- blade, considering price:performance..

Reactions: Tadeiro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Read 1 reviews
HI... +1 for Tibhar Stratus Powerwood.. Similar in composition to Butterfly Petr Korbel, but a bit thicker and faster.. It's also a lot cheaper than Korbel .. It's a do-it-all type of blade.. For me, it's the best 5-ply all-wood OFF- blade, considering price : performance..