Glue sheets

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I don't know if my scale is accurate or good enough, but i ordered Donic glue sheets, i measured one and it gave me this value uncut as it is as i order not in use = 11g or 0.4Oz

Can we assume that the Donic sheets are "sandwiched" between two paper or plastic cover-sheets ?
The weight I gave above is of the "glue-part only ", without the cover-sheets.

Reactions: TareqPhoto
This user has no status.

Can we assume that the Donic sheets are "sandwiched" between two paper or plastic cover-sheets ?
The weight I gave above is of the "glue-part only ", without the cover-sheets.

Ok, got it, i didn't open the sheet as i don't want to make it dirty or useless for use, i will give it to he coach to use it for gluing, maybe i will ask him to weigh it if that can help in anything, not sure if he has a scale anyway or if he is interested in to do so.

I really want to know which brand of glue sheet is recommended, i bought Donic because it has an offer and the coach said he used two brands including this Donic and it is very good enough, so i did, was thinking about Nittaku one which is slightly more price, but if all can do the job just the same then no point to go with more expensive one then.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

Ok, got it, i didn't open the sheet as i don't want to make it dirty or useless for use, i will give it to he coach to use it for gluing, maybe i will ask him to weigh it if that can help in anything, not sure if he has a scale anyway or if he is interested in to do so.

I really want to know which brand of glue sheet is recommended, i bought Donic because it has an offer and the coach said he used two brands including this Donic and it is very good enough, so i did, was thinking about Nittaku one which is slightly more price, but if all can do the job just the same then no point to go with more expensive one then.

I tell you my little secret 😁
The 2 outer sheets come in handy for all kinds of things so i always keep them.
So all I have to do then is weigh the complete new sheet and then deduct the weight of the 2 paper sheets only.

I do not know it, but was told that the good quality Glue-sheets have different strengths of glue , not the same strength on both sides. This is why they tell you which side to attach to the blade first, trim it and then attach the rubber to the blade.

I only ever used the XVT, a cheap version and they have the same strength of glue on both side AND it is very strong.
When you want to take the rubber off the blade often bits of sponge get ripped out .
This is why I stopped using XVT - glue-sheets.
Now I use glue.

This user has no status.

I tell you my little secret 😁
The 2 outer sheets come in handy for all kinds of things so i always keep them.
So all I have to do then is weigh the complete new sheet and then deduct the weight of the 2 paper sheets only.

I do not know it, but was told that the good quality Glue-sheets have different strengths of glue , not the same strength on both sides. This is why they tell you which side to attach to the blade first, trim it and then attach the rubber to the blade.

I only ever used the XVT, a cheap version and they have the same strength of glue on both side AND it is very strong.
When you want to take the rubber off the blade often bits of sponge get ripped out .
This is why I stopped using XVT - glue-sheets.
Now I use glue.

The problem is that i tested once a blade that is not mine, it has LP one side OX, and i don't know at all how a coach glued it [i don't know who is the coach and how he did it], i only used that racket for fun while i was coaching few players of the club, but i left the coaching and i still kept the blade with me until i felt guilty and returned it to the club secretly, but i got the time to test it enough for about 3-4 months and picture it, so i bought same blade and rubber, i can't tell if it was glued with sheet or regular liquid glue.

The coach i know do fix a lot of blades and know what he is doing, he is from Europe, and a coach in a club, so i can trust that he knows what he is doing really, i hope that blade he assembled for me to mimic that blade i tested can be as good or even better, at least of that LP side, and i ordered more blades and LP rubbers OX, so i don't know if they all must be used with glue sheet only, and i trust the coach knowing how to glue them with which side, most are cheap rubbers such as Neptune LP or even that Yasaka Phontom LP of the one i tested, i ordered the sheets so he doesn't charge me for those at higher prices than the net.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
don' worry too much.
Let the coach use the glue sheet to fix the rubber on to the blade and see how it feels.
If it does not feel good you can always take the rubber off again and fix it with glue but i think
it is quite common to use sheets to attach OX ruubers

I don't know if my scale is accurate or good enough, but i ordered Donic glue sheets, i measured one and it gave me this value uncut as it is as i order not in use = 11g or 0.4Oz
What the package weighs is not of interest. I was interested to see how much difference it would make compared to ordinary glue.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
We never had troubles with gluing LP/ We always get LP sheets with textile underneath/ Textile underlayer is of real help, so glad to get it from China factory/ directly/ Textile works likewise reinforcement for a concret construction
Be happy/