The only one able to sober Adam down. (visual aid)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
Proof that you don't need to work on cardio, muscle reinforcement and other physical thing to get good at table tennis, not even taking care of your diet ! Alexis Lebrun is notorious for advocating the Waldner's diet for the 6-pack: Kebab at lunch, chocolate at tea time, Mc Donalds at dinner !

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Proof that you don't need to work on cardio, muscle reinforcement and other physical thing to get good at table tennis, not even taking care of your diet ! Alexis Lebrun is notorious for advocating the Waldner's diet for the 6-pack: Kebab at lunch, chocolate at tea time, Mc Donalds at dinner !

Question remains, what will he be like in 5 or 10 years time when he has matured for figured out, or grow taller/more built etc, as many other youth before him and then become lesser of a threat as the element of surprise is no longer.

In my 10 years coaching, I haven't really face a higher level player that has grown so much from say age 14 to 16, and then maybe continue to age 18.
So I am also new to these technical changes that comes with height issues.
I mean, playing tt at 160cm, 170cm and 180cm is totally different.

This user has no status.

Question remains, what will he be like in 5 or 10 years time when he has matured for figured out, or grow taller/more built etc, as many other youth before him and then become lesser of a threat as the element of surprise is no longer.

In my 10 years coaching, I haven't really face a higher level player that has grown so much from say age 14 to 16, and then maybe continue to age 18.
So I am also new to these technical changes that comes with height issues.
I mean, playing tt at 160cm, 170cm and 180cm is totally different.

Try 190, it’s pain.😊

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Leo, if there is an award for best new poster on TTD you should totally win it in a landslide.

• Haha
Reactions: PingBirdPong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
Read 3 reviews

He does work very hard though. When he was in Sweden I heard someone training with Alexis said Alexis would often go for a long run just a few hours before training. Seems like he has tons of energy. So considering his age and all this activity this kind of diet may not really make much difference. So he already is doing cardio and lots of training.

If you mean specific weight training and other activity.. maybe not as important. But could become more important later.

This user has no status.
man let those youngsters grow out to men...
After that they probably will see how far it gets with that kind of Diet,Cardio,etc..not to mention some are godly gifted in Table Tennis who can do that till an Old age. But as I see with modern Technologie,Training,etc.. maybe they will have a point where they need to realize,it doesn´t go that way for eternity,cause father Time is undefeated as the saying goes. But if you look at most of the Top Athletes including Waldner etc at younger age they were in pretty ****ing good shape,all of em.
In germany its called "Babyspeck/Babybacon" if you grow out from your youth body.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022

He does work very hard though. When he was in Sweden I heard someone training with Alexis said Alexis would often go for a long run just a few hours before training. Seems like he has tons of energy. So considering his age and all this activity this kind of diet may not really make much difference. So he already is doing cardio and lots of training.

If you mean specific weight training and other activity.. maybe not as important. But could become more important later.

The problem is Alexis has suffered a lot from growth diseases according to Stéphane Hucliez the chief of FFTT's Pôle Espoir (in charge of youth detection and development so, ex FFTT N°8, has played for the french men's team at the same time as Christophe Legoût and Stéphane Lebrun aka Lebrun Bros. father), that's why he has not been that much performing internationally 3 to 4 years ago. So he's been packing a lot of weight, and it could be an issue in a decade or so in another sport more physically demanding like football. His game is more focused on control and counter-attack, as Waldner, who also started packing a lot of weight in the mid 90's... we won't talk about the 2000's decade when he was nearly obese.

That style of playing TT does not require much physical training, do you think Karakasevic has ever cared for cardio or weight control ? Do you think Jieni Shao does care ?