Have you ever gotten rubbers from bad batch?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
In another thread I discussed how absurdly soft my HK1997 Gold sheet is. Listed at 49 degree, it literally feels like 38 degree. Very soft sponge. This seller says "Tacky Chinese table tennis rubber with offensive properties. Classic rubber from Palio, with similar properties as DHS Hurricane 3, but a little slower and softer surface rubber. Sponge thickness: 2.2mm. Sponge hardness: 48-50."

But it is nowhere near similar to Hurricane 3. I'm not talking about some elitist attitude complaining about minor differences, I'm talking about categorical, fundamental, worlds apart difference. So, I'm seriously now wondering if I possibly just got a bad batch, and if its worth spending the money on another sheet of HK1997 to try. Have you ever gotten rubbers that are far away from their normal standard? How likely is this? Please share some experiences and stories if you have any.

This doesn't seem commonplace to me. My impression of Chinese rubbers and their production is generally quite high. Through all the rubbers I have ever had, I have never found a rubber that I thought was genuinely produced incorrectly. I'm talking about absolute categorical errors (ie dense sponge vs porous sponge, max thickness vs 2.0 thickness, hard sponge vs soft sponge). I'm sure each batch has some minor differences (such as print quality, color, alignment), but I'm asking about categorical differences.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Sometimes the opposite happens, for whatever reason, you can luck out and get an exceptional rubber from same big batch.

I had a bat (with my current FH rubber in my sig) that I used for a few months and put up in a case, I broke it out a year plus later... did not remove or reglue or ever tune it... and it was LOUD and DYNAMIC on my well struck shots. I use this bat on and off the last 8 months same story jokers in the club be giving me the stink eye (USA expression for disapproving response) thinking I am speed gluing illegally or juicing it up. It is mainly the blade properties and my impact.

Same rubber on a similar blade not so loud.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 3 reviews
Not sure whether it was a bad batch, but I played with two K3. First for 5-5.5 month and now second for 5 month. First one was nice at first week, maybe 2 weeks, then it had very hard feelings, like all factory booster suddenly disappeared or never been there. I even bought booster before replacement just in case second one is the same. Luckily, second one feels way softer, faster, lively, etc for whole 5 month. I hope that second one is normal rubber and I won't get the one same as first

I bought a DHS GoldArc 8 in November 2021, which was a month before the Brazilian National Championship, I trained every day until the championship date, when I played, I played for 5 days, in addition to the games we trained a lot too, after the championship and a few days of rest, I went back to my normal routine and trained for a week and the rubber that was black just turned white and slippery in my sweet spot. after exactly 1 month of use.

I don't know if this is a bad batch but normally it only happens after 3 or 4 months.

says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
Palio isn't known for their QC. Years back, when Zeropong was still selling brands other than Gambler, you used to be able to get a sheet of RITC 729 for $5 with the caveat that it both came without packaging, and it came with a topsheet of questionable quality on a completely random sponge. Of the sheets I got, there were soft white sponges, medium hard orange red sponges, and hard blue and orange sponges with topsheets that ranged from a shiny near reflective sheen to a grainy almost matte texture. Haifu, namely the Blue Whale and White Shark series were also infamous for their low quality. I feel like Chinese brands namely DHS and Yinhe have stepped up their qc in the last several years

Reactions: damszelfly
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Palio isn't known for their QC. Years back, when Zeropong was still selling brands other than Gambler, you used to be able to get a sheet of RITC 729 for $5 with the caveat that it both came without packaging, and it came with a topsheet of questionable quality on a completely random sponge. Of the sheets I got, there were soft white sponges, medium hard orange red sponges, and hard blue and orange sponges with topsheets that ranged from a shiny near reflective sheen to a grainy almost matte texture. Haifu, namely the Blue Whale and White Shark series were also infamous for their low quality. I feel like Chinese brands namely DHS and Yinhe have stepped up their qc in the last several years

I've gotten several sheets of Palio AK47 before, and they were all excellent.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
I've never ever had any bad chinese rubber.

Because I don't buy from Aliexpress.

Only trust european registered dealers like TT11, or small internet shops like Harty or mocker88 ones. You can do or think whatever you want: the european standards and ethics in online selling are by far higher than the rest of the world.

Reactions: damszelfly
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
Also 48-50 is here an ESN scale, so it's a mid hard rubber, therefore not as hard as H3. Also it's an hybrid rubber with a soft porous sponge, fact is the topsheet may be tacky as an H3, but the sponge is kind of tensor reacting like the H8 or H8-80, and of course it affects the dwell time and grip.