Sanwei target national new version

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I just ordered a sheet of Target Pro 3, which is supposedly the exact same topsheet as new Target National (it even has national printed on the topsheet), but with the provincial sponge.

Reactions: RicardoGatsopare
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
Hi. I'm about to find out how it works for me, so I'll be back a bit later on.
IMG%2020220807%20195440%20jpg.jpeg

Reactions: [email protected]
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Do you plan on trying the Provincial Pro 3 version to compare?

I asked one seller on Aliexpress, and he said that the National version has better QC, more spin, and less speed than the provincial version. I don't know why the more expensive national version would be slower than the provincial version though.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I also sent an email to Sanwei, and they said it's not an official sanctioned product from Sanwei. It just popped up on Aliexpress. It says "provincial team exclusive".

It sounds like the rubber might be supplied to provincial teams for practice. But then those teams just turned around and sold the extra rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
Ok. That might be the thing then.

Just tried it on my robot, so not in game play. It's certainly a Hurricane 3 kind of rubber.
I tried the "Old" version as well a couple of years ago, but found it too hard and heavy for me. This one is only slightly tacky. Holds the ball for max one second. Compared to the boosted H3 41deg I'm used to, the new STN is quite a bit faster. There's really a difference there. It's hard to measure the spin capabilities, but it's surely up there among the H3's spin wise.
I mostly did some looping and it works super fine. The throw is a little lower than H3. Even tried some chops, and they feel very controlled so it feels like a much better rubber for me than the old one then. And the color is still as dark as it has been before :)
IMG%2020220807%20212243%20jpg.jpeg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
You're saying that the speed of new STN is faster than a boosted H3? So you can hit very hard and fast loops?

Is the speed similar to Big Dipper? Is it a bouncy rubber? Is there some pores in the sponge?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
Yep. It's faster and has a harder feeling, but I'll try and boost it some day soon as well and see what happens. Big Dipper is bouncier (softer) and it's more like H3. Yep. Hard and fast loops is what I got out of it now. I changed with my H3 and compared, so the feeling is faster and harder so far. Looks like the pores are about the same as H3, or something similar anyway.
IMG%2020220807%20214802%20jpg.jpeg

Reactions: OldUser
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Sounds like a good rubber. Hope the Provincial version is just as good.

BTW, how much does your cut rubber weigh? Most of my FH rubbers weight 50g, such as Big Dipper.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Have you ever tried Bloom Power or any other Bloom? Bloom is actually my favorite rubber, to me better than H3 and Big Dipper. I wonder if the new STN is similar to it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
I also sent an email to Sanwei, and they said it's not an official sanctioned product from Sanwei. It just popped up on Aliexpress. It says "provincial team exclusive".

It sounds like the rubber might be supplied to provincial teams for practice. But then those teams just turned around and sold the extra rubbers.

And now you understand why you should never trust anyone doing business on Aliexpress...

Mocker88 is like Harty, running a store in Europe, chinese manufacturers respect their contracts and QC procedures when it comes to sell their products to euro suppliers. Buy it from mocker88 et voilà !

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

And now you understand why you should never trust anyone doing business on Aliexpress...

Mocker88 is like Harty, running a store in Europe, chinese manufacturers respect their contracts and QC procedures when it comes to sell their products to euro suppliers. Buy it from mocker88 et voilà !

Sorry, I don't follow your logic or the point you are trying to make. Are you saying my hunch is correct or incorrect?

If indeed they are selling provincial rubbers for $15, then that seems like a great deal to me. At the same time, I don't know why they would be sold in such a beautiful package and with English text. So maybe my hunch is not correct at all.

Reactions: lodro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
Have you ever tried Bloom Power or any other Bloom? Bloom is actually my favorite rubber, to me better than H3 and Big Dipper. I wonder if the new STN is similar to it.

Yes I have tried the 47deg version. It felt quite fast and perhaps a bit lower throw than H3, but quite similar though. STN feels faster than Bloom Power to me.