My newly bought table tennis bat is too fast, what can I do?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2022
So I bought the Palio Legend 2.0 fast table tennis bats from Amazon. It took a month for the racket to arrive and it turned out to be much faster than expected. The ball no longer goes very fast or just flies off the table when I do proper forehand drives (using weight-shifting and full elbow extension). According to my table tennis club, people have confirmed my worry that this racket is too fast for someone new and that I will not be able to develop proper fundamentals with it.
Right now, what should I do (or what can I do)?

Last edited:

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Sell it and get something else?

Or put a seriously dead rubber on it, like cheap commercial hurricane 3. That will slow it right down.

Reactions: SamTheMan
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
18 days ago you posted that your setup was Diode, Feint 3 and EL-P which should be much faster than the Legend. But perhaps tacky rubbers may help in that they slow the ball down

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2022
So I bought the Palio Legend 2.0 fast table tennis bats from Amazon. It took a month for the racket to arrive and it turned out to be much faster than expected. The ball no longer goes very fast or just flies off the table when I do proper forehand drives (using weight-shifting and full elbow extension). According to my table tennis club, people have confirmed my worry that this racket is too fast for someone new and that I will not be able to develop proper fundamentals with it.
Right now, what should I do (or what can I do)?

I think the problem is technique. If the ball is going off the table, close your bat angle more, think about contacting the top instead of the back of the ball, and feel like you are catching the ball and throwing it forward, not just up (up is only for heavy backspin). This will give you more control, more spin, and less long balls. Apply the same idea to your backhand.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Go with Sanwei Accumulator S and Kokutaku 868 Blütenkirsche on both sides. Super allround bat, and all for about $25.

What is this Kokutaku rubber like? I've seen so many Kokutaku rubbers on the internet, but don't know if any of them are good.

This user has no status.
My advise is, either play with it in very slow motion, like make your hand softer to make balls less responsive, asif you became a sponge, by the time you will adjust to that speed of the setup/blade, or, just keep it, but another blade slower and cheap so you don't spend much, practice with that until it became too slow for you and you have enough techniques to move to faster ones, and by then you already have one, many people blindly or could be stupid way buying fast first or by mistake, sell it, buy slower or average, get used to it, then buy fast again of what they sell before, so they go back to what they started with, for me, it is either you buy correct from beginning or if you buy something wrong but it can be perfect in future just keep it and don't sell it so you don't have to buy it again later, the mistake came from that you bought something wrong in the beginning, what you were thinking about when you did it, and this is not related to TT only, but all other things in life [photography, mobiles, computers, cars,....etc].

Reactions: lodro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
I just looked at the pictures. This blade has 4 carbon layers, so is similar to the joola quattro carbon. Meaning this is one hell of a fast blade, probably one of the fastest out there. As a beginner this blade is impossible to use. I would advise to buy something new and all round instead of playing with this. I would also strongly advise AGAINST training in slow motion as this will teach you incorrect strokes and will cause you to not generate basically any spin.