Hybrid Rubber for BH

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2022
Hello All,

Looking for any suggestions for a hybrid that I can use on the BH.Something perhaps a bit speedier than Rakza Z ,that allows you to be a tad more aggressive on the BH side speed wise.Im eliminating D09C because I'd rather not have to sell my kidneys.

If you otherwise have no use for your razka, try boosting it. Seamoon is $20, you keep the topsheet of razka (assuming you like it), just gets faster and a little more spin (mostly faster though).

Reactions: JBH7
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Definitely Yinhe Big Dipper, Apollo 5, or Jupiter 3 would all be excellent choices. All of them are affordable, fast and powerful.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
Definitely Yinhe Big Dipper, Apollo 5, or Jupiter 3 would all be excellent choices. All of them are affordable, fast and powerful.

Non of them are getting close to yasaka rakza Z.

The Donic alternatives especially the c2 are definitly faster hybrid options but in the same price range.

I found Hurricane 8-80 quite close to rakza z. The higher tackiness makes it less bouncy but is equally powerfull with a slightly lower arc. High end speed might be a bit higher, depending on your technique and how hard you hit.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
I found the C2 to be pretty slow, it's faster than H3 but not much. And I think it would be not so easy to use on backhand.
Probably Rakza Z (especially the extra hard) is one of the fastest hybrid rubbers so finding faster one is a pretty tall order. I guess Tibhar K2, K3 might fit the bill. A few pros started using K3 on backhand.

If you otherwise have no use for your razka, try boosting it. Seamoon is $20, you keep the topsheet of razka (assuming you like it), just gets faster and a little more spin (mostly faster though).

That's not at all a bad suggestion.I generally don't like to boost.Probably just too lazy or impatient lol

Thx. I tried Big Dipper.I didnt like the feel.Don't know how to describe it but it felt a bit plasticky to me.Never tried Apollo 5 or J3.I have been using the J2 on my FH which i like.Maybe I could with the J3 if its fast enough.If you've used tensors on the BH and can make a comparison for me ,that'll be great.

others choices are
Donic blue grip C1/C2, Xiom China Guang or Ying, still relatively expensive (depending where you are) Stiga DNA Dragon Grip, how much faster??

Thx .I though about Bluegrip.Based on the research I did ,it seemed like it leans more toward the chinese FH style rubber than the tensor.Could be wrong.Any feedback would be appreciated.I also wondered about the weight.The heavier rubbers aren't ideal for a quick BH to BH interchange.On the FH especially with a longer stroke ,the weight is great but I find you loose a little if its too heavy on BH.Never checked out the DG or the China Guang / Ying.As to how fast,even if its G-1 or Goldarc8 fast thats fine.The tackiness does slow the rubber a bit but I'm hoping to fine that balance.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020

Non of them are getting close to yasaka rakza Z.

The Donic alternatives especially the c2 are definitly faster hybrid options but in the same price range.

I found Hurricane 8-80 quite close to rakza z. The higher tackiness makes it less bouncy but is equally powerfull with a slightly lower arc. High end speed might be a bit higher, depending on your technique and how hard you hit.

Good day to you sir,

Does Hurricane 8-80 have better spin than Rakza Z.

Best regards

I found the C2 to be pretty slow, it's faster than H3 but not much. And I think it would be not so easy to use on backhand.
Probably Rakza Z (especially the extra hard) is one of the fastest hybrid rubbers so finding faster one is a pretty tall order. I guess Tibhar K2, K3 might fit the bill. A few pros started using K3 on backhand.

Thx .The Rakza Z EH might too heavy for me on BH.Ive used K2 on the FH.Wasn't bad.

I use the banana flick a lot and the tackiness or a very grippy rubber helps a great deal but something that still reacts fast enough to make the opponent uncomfortable on the BH side i.e with a quick stroke .Some options are great on the FH but the rubber isnt designed to create speed through quick movements so they kinda handicap you the BH side.

Last edited:
This user has no status.

Maybe the new Bluegrip S1 47.5 will then fit your bill,some in the german Forum think that it could have potential I only tested the Bluegrips S2 which is really soft 42.5 and was dissapointed,they used the old Acuda s2 sponge and it really didn´t mix up so well.(there is much discussion on the unpredictability,etc) I played the old Acuda S2 and would much more prefer it than the Bluegrip S2,but that is only my taste and Style of play. But it will be released at the end of the month,S1 that is. Just to keep in Mind,the problem i see with it is they used the old Acuda S1 sponge,but the topsheet will be a hybrid and slightly tacky just like the S2.
Sounds a bit immature development,but only time will tell.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
Hello All,

Looking for any suggestions for a hybrid that I can use on the BH.Something perhaps a bit speedier than Rakza Z ,that allows you to be a tad more aggressive on the BH side speed wise.Im eliminating D09C because I'd rather not have to sell my kidneys.

I am also very selective on my BH rubbers. I have a DO9C which works wonders for my BH but again I do not have the luxury of buying more because of the price. I have discovered Joola Golden Tango which is somewhat of a hybrid rubber. Not too bouncy as most tensor, not as reactive to incoming spin as the Tenergies or Dignics and can generate decent amount of spin on loops, drives, underspin push and flicks. Pretty solid on blocks and receives, and very decent on control. I use it as the BH rubber for my main setup Harimoto ALC, as well as my back-up Viscaria and Garaydia ZLC. Give it a try.

Just sharing my experience on this rubber, hope this helps.

Maybe the new Bluegrip S1 47.5 will then fit your bill,some in the german Forum think that it could have potential I only tested the Bluegrips S2 which is really soft 42.5 and was dissapointed,they used the old Acuda s2 sponge and it really didn´t mix up so well.(there is much discussion on the unpredictability,etc) I played the old Acuda S2 and would much more prefer it than the Bluegrip S2,but that is only my taste and Style of play. But it will be released at the end of the month,S1 that is. Just to keep in Mind,the problem i see with it is they used the old Acuda S1 sponge,but the topsheet will be a hybrid and slightly tacky just like the S2.
Sounds a bit immature development,but only time will tell.

Ill look out for it.Thx.