Hybrid Rubber for BH

I am also very selective on my BH rubbers. I have a DO9C which works wonders for my BH but again I do not have the luxury of buying more because of the price. I have discovered Joola Golden Tango which is somewhat of a hybrid rubber. Not too bouncy as most tensor, not as reactive to incoming spin as the Tenergies or Dignics and can generate decent amount of spin on loops, drives, underspin push and flicks. Pretty solid on blocks and receives, and very decent on control. I use it as the BH rubber for my main setup Harimoto ALC, as well as my back-up Viscaria and Garaydia ZLC. Give it a try.

Just sharing my experience on this rubber, hope this helps.

Thx much.Ill check it out.

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Hi,
Checkout some of Yogi's reviews on the forum, his are super cool, detailed and reliable!!
Xiom China Guang and Ying are reviewed by Yogi, I have never played with them, although they are meant to be very similar to Bluegrip C1 & C2, 55 and 60 degree sponge hardness etc.
Another rubber is Xiom Tau2, this is a little more towards the chinese tacky side of hybrids, but it's not slow as such, previously I had been using H8-80 37 BH and 38 degree FH, and Tau 2 FH&BH on similar blades. the Tau 2 was faster than the H8-80, at least that's what I found. Note that it was after a period of 3 months or so, both the H8-80 & Tau2 had been well played in. As far as speed difference, I had been using the H8-80 solely for about 4 weeks, then picked up the Tau2 bat and was surprised how much quicker it was, about 600mm longer, give or take. so for a similar stroke the ball went that much further down the table compared to H8-80.
Yogi also recently reviewed the Xiom Jekyll and Hyde rubbers which have quite a few variations!!! the tacky(ish) one may also be an option, if you can find a shop that stocks it!!!!!
Golden Tango PS could also be an option, faster and more bouncy than the Std version.

Reactions: JBH7
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews

Good day to you sir,

Does Hurricane 8-80 have better spin than Rakza Z.

Best regards

Probably a bit more spin, at least from what my trainingpartners said.
But it is more sensitive too. Passive blocking has a smaller margin for errors. Active blocking is quite nice though and recommendable

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2021
Worth a try

Hello All,

Looking for any suggestions for a hybrid that I can use on the BH.Something perhaps a bit speedier than Rakza Z ,that allows you to be a tad more aggressive on the BH side speed wise.Im eliminating D09C because I'd rather not have to sell my kidneys.
Speaking on Hybrid types alone without knowing your style I'll offer what I'm using. The GEWO Codexx EL Pro 52.
It has a very grippy topsheet. Staying away from the tacky is not grippy topic, I think it's tacky too. So much that it creates a sense of safety that I like. It is fast but fast when you want it (gears). For me it gives the confidence to place shots in exact locations with more power and pace.

The close to the table control game is another trait I like about as it's very efficient there. Return of serves is one of the best features as it negates or overpowers incoming spin. It has Dignics 09C like short spinny serve capability as well.

Last thing, far away from the table I attack with the ability to spin with incredible arcs on the ball. That was a pleasant surprise.

See if you like it. I'm in the US and it was $46 the last time I purchased on Megaspin. That's half the price of my FH rubber Dignics 09C.

Reactions: arteepr and JBH7
Hi,
Checkout some of Yogi's reviews on the forum, his are super cool, detailed and reliable!!
Xiom China Guang and Ying are reviewed by Yogi, I have never played with them, although they are meant to be very similar to Bluegrip C1 & C2, 55 and 60 degree sponge hardness etc.
Another rubber is Xiom Tau2, this is a little more towards the chinese tacky side of hybrids, but it's not slow as such, previously I had been using H8-80 37 BH and 38 degree FH, and Tau 2 FH&BH on similar blades. the Tau 2 was faster than the H8-80, at least that's what I found. Note that it was after a period of 3 months or so, both the H8-80 & Tau2 had been well played in. As far as speed difference, I had been using the H8-80 solely for about 4 weeks, then picked up the Tau2 bat and was surprised how much quicker it was, about 600mm longer, give or take. so for a similar stroke the ball went that much further down the table compared to H8-80.
Yogi also recently reviewed the Xiom Jekyll and Hyde rubbers which have quite a few variations!!! the tacky(ish) one may also be an option, if you can find a shop that stocks it!!!!!
Golden Tango PS could also be an option, faster and more bouncy than the Std version.

Ok great.Ill check it out.Don't know much about Tau2 and I hadn't thought about the Xiom J & H.Im normally a bit wary of trying newly released rubbers.Like to get a lot of feedback first lol.Thx!!

And there's the Nittaku - Sieger PK 50. This one could fit in compared to the Rakza Z...

This is an interesting option.Ive used a couple of 50 deg rubbers on my BH and I like the feel,the directness of it.Ill look into to this one.If you've used it personally and can provide any additional info,thatll be great.Thanks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews

This is an interesting option.Ive used a couple of 50 deg rubbers on my BH and I like the feel,the directness of it.Ill look into to this one.If you've used it personally and can provide any additional info,thatll be great.Thanks.

I had it for a short while on my forehand. I'm used to harder DHS Hurricane 3-like rubbers, so it was a bit to mushy for me. The sponge is quite hard, but the top sheet is kind of softer and tacky, so when I'm thinking back it could work fine on my backhand.

Reactions: JBH7
Speaking on Hybrid types alone without knowing your style I'll offer what I'm using. The GEWO Codexx EL Pro 52.
It has a very grippy topsheet. Staying away from the tacky is not grippy topic, I think it's tacky too. So much that it creates a sense of safety that I like. It is fast but fast when you want it (gears). For me it gives the confidence to place shots in exact locations with more power and pace.

The close to the table control game is another trait I like about as it's very efficient there. Return of serves is one of the best features as it negates or overpowers incoming spin. It has Dignics 09C like short spinny serve capability as well.

Last thing, far away from the table I attack with the ability to spin with incredible arcs on the ball. That was a pleasant surprise.

See if you like it. I'm in the US and it was $46 the last time I purchased on Megaspin. That's half the price of my FH rubber Dignics 09C.

Thanks much.Have you tried it on the BH? What would you compare the speed to? If you remember the weight cut or uncut,that'll be helpful.

Last edited:

I had it for a short while on my forehand. I'm used to harder DHS Hurricane 3-like rubbers, so it was a bit to mushy for me. The sponge is quite hard, but the top sheet is kind of softer and tacky, so when I'm thinking back it could work fine on my backhand.

Understood.