Back to Forum
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. tabletennisdaily1 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 38 114
    T
    tabletennisdaily1 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 114 38

    User Info Menu


    Apr 2022
    United States
    114
    38
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #1

    Any way to report spam/bot accounts?

    I have come across a handful of spam/bot accounts that
    1. create table tennis themed posts that make no sense
    2. copy a random post elsewhere and insert it into a random thread (I have seen exact copy duplicate posts from two separate accounts on two separate threads)

    Is there a way to report not just comments, but users as well?

    I guess this is not an overwhelming issue right now, but I have to admit it is a bit annoying and I am sort of angry some punk out there dares sully this table tennis form with dumb bot spam for whatever reason.

    Rant over.

    The Following User Likes tabletennisdaily1's Post:

    DukeGaGa


  2. Tony's Table Tennis is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 3,022 4,572
    T
    Tony's Table Tennis is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 4,572 3,022

    User Info Menu


    Sep 2013
    South Africa
    4,572
    3,022
    8938
    Read 3 Reviews
    #2
    click on the i with a circle around it (left hand side of the reply/ reply to bar"
    and click it to report post

    The Following User Likes Tony's Table Tennis's Post:

    UpSideDownCarl

    TTT

  3. Gozo is offline
    says May the Spin be with you!
     
    Senior TTD Member 551 865
    Gozo's Avatar
    Gozo is offline
    says May the Spin be with you!
     
    Senior TTD Member 865 551
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by tabletennisdaily1
    I have come across a handful of spam/bot accounts that1. create table tennis themed posts that make no sense2. copy a random post elsewhere and insert it into a random thread (I have seen exact copy duplicate posts from two separate accounts on two separate threads)Is there a way to report not just comments, but users as well?I guess this is not an overwhelming issue right now, but I have to admit it is a bit annoying and I am sort of angry some punk out there dares sully this table tennis form with dumb bot spam for whatever reason.Rant over.
    I am curious, what gain or profit does these spam bot gain by creating these annoying thread that is not related to the forum? I mean they just get deleted and nobody in the forum care about it. We have had some spam thread on offering irrelevant services here that is totally unrelated to TT.I see no profit nor gain in starting these non-sequitur thread. Am I missing something here?
    Last edited by Gozo; 08-10-2022 at 07:08 AM.

  4. tabletennisdaily1 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 38 114
    T
    tabletennisdaily1 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 114 38

    User Info Menu


    Apr 2022
    United States
    114
    38
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony's Table Tennis
    click on the i with a circle around it (left hand side of the reply/ reply to bar"
    and click it to report post

    Yes, I know that. I want to click on the user and report the user, not just the post.


  5. Tony's Table Tennis is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 3,022 4,572
    T
    Tony's Table Tennis is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 4,572 3,022

    User Info Menu


    Sep 2013
    South Africa
    4,572
    3,022
    8938
    Read 3 Reviews
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Gozo
    I am curious, what gain or profit does these spam bot gain by creating these annoying thread that is not related to the forum? I mean they just get deleted and nobody in the forum care about it. We have had some spam thread on offering irrelevant services here that is totally unrelated to TT.I see no profit nor gain in starting these non-sequitur thread. Am I missing something here?

    After few posts, they can post links
    its all part of phishing

    TTT

  6. UpSideDownCarl is offline
    says I like to hit Heavy Topspin
     
    Super Moderator 16,678 15,255
    UpSideDownCarl's Avatar
    UpSideDownCarl is offline
    says I like to hit Heavy Topspin
     
    Super Moderator 15,255 16,678
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony's Table Tennis

    After few posts, they can post links
    its all part of phishing

    Phishing, hacking, and just advertising a site that the company would like to get more clicks for.

    Setup 1: Blade by Nate: Vortex Spin Machine, FH Evolution MX-K, BH Evolution FX-P
    Setup 2: OSP Virtuoso Plus, FH Rasanter R 48, BH Rasanter R 48
    Spin is Everything

  7. UpSideDownCarl is offline
    says I like to hit Heavy Topspin
     
    Super Moderator 16,678 15,255
    UpSideDownCarl's Avatar
    UpSideDownCarl is offline
    says I like to hit Heavy Topspin
     
    Super Moderator 15,255 16,678
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by tabletennisdaily1

    Yes, I know that. I want to click on the user and report the user, not just the post.

    If you click on the "report post" button (the i in the circle) it sends a message to me and all the other administrators on the site and then one of us makes the account dissappear.

    The question is, if it is working.

    You could also quote the post and copy and past to a PM and send to me. I will see it and if I do think it is a spambot, I will make it disappear.

    The Following User Likes UpSideDownCarl's Post:

    tabletennisdaily1

    Setup 1: Blade by Nate: Vortex Spin Machine, FH Evolution MX-K, BH Evolution FX-P
    Setup 2: OSP Virtuoso Plus, FH Rasanter R 48, BH Rasanter R 48
    Spin is Everything

  8. tabletennisdaily1 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 38 114
    T
    tabletennisdaily1 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 114 38

    User Info Menu


    Apr 2022
    United States
    114
    38
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by UpSideDownCarl

    If you click on the "report post" button (the i in the circle) it sends a message to me and all the other administrators on the site and then one of us makes the account dissappear.

    The question is, if it is working.

    You could also quote the post and copy and past to a PM and send to me. I will see it and if I do think it is a spambot, I will make it disappear.

    Okay, I didn't know that you consider banning the account in report posts, I thought it was strictly for deleting the post itself. Sounds good.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Create a new Topic:
Title is required.