Dynaryz ZGR vs Rakza Z Extra Hard

I never tried Rakza Extra Hard, but I felt ZGR was too soft for FH. I felt it topping out rather easily.

i hit 2 minutes with a zgr and i think no?
​​​​​​
i have used many hard rubbers.

zgr is one of the hardest rubbers i ever saw on esn market is like a 40 degree dhs hurricane or more a 40.5
are you sure you tested zgr?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
I believe it was zgr. But maybe i was mistaken.
I think you might have been mistaken with AGR. While AGR is still 50 degrees, and i find it hard to believe you can easily top that out, it does feel very soft. ZGR however is very hard. I have not played with RZEH but i can say that in comparison with D09C i like ZGR a lot. Its cheaper for starters and i feel like it is very similair. D09C has slightly more spin while ZGR has slightly more speed. Im currently playing with D09C, but as soon as i need to replace it, i will go back to ZGR.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
ZGR is one of the hardest esn sponges on the market. @Michael Zhuang I'm not trying to dunk on you, but are you sure you weren't just hitting through the top sheet, but not hard enough to get into the sponge? Because of the hardness and tension of the top sheet, you really need to hit hard to even get into the sponge, let alone through it.

As to OP's question, after comparing Regular Rakza Z with ZGR and Victas V20 double extra, I would go with the Victas for FH. I haven't used RZ XH, although I assume it's pretty close to V20. The V20 sponge looks identical, and is listed at 53.5 and RZ XH is 54 iirc, and it already feels pretty close to RZ regular, just harder. In general, I find the V20 rewards good strokes more than RZ does, while the RZ is more forgiving of a mediocre stroke. I am keeping RZ for my backhand, where it excels for over the table play.

ZGR is honestly a little too hard for me to use, I lack the power to engage the sponge on every stroke, so while it may have the most speed potential, my shots are slower in game vs the other two.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I checked my mate's rubber again, and it was indeed the ZGR that I tried. But it was only for a few minutes or so. I usually play with 39/40 degree Chinese rubbers, so maybe I'm just not used to the ESN type of feeling.

Memory can be very flimsy, but just based on my memory, the rubber just felt soft to me. I didn't have that impression when I hit with D09c.

Maybe I will try again. My impression was that when you hit your hardest loops, it doesn't seem to have the same penetration and force as when you hit the hardest loops with D09c or Chinese rubbers.

says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
ZGR is one of the hardest esn sponges on the market. @Michael Zhuang I'm not trying to dunk on you, but are you sure you weren't just hitting through the top sheet, but not hard enough to get into the sponge? Because of the hardness and tension of the top sheet, you really need to hit hard to even get into the sponge, let alone through it.

As to OP's question, after comparing Regular Rakza Z with ZGR and Victas V20 double extra, I would go with the Victas for FH. I haven't used RZ XH, although I assume it's pretty close to V20. The V20 sponge looks identical, and is listed at 53.5 and RZ XH is 54 iirc, and it already feels pretty close to RZ regular, just harder. In general, I find the V20 rewards good strokes more than RZ does, while the RZ is more forgiving of a mediocre stroke. I am keeping RZ for my backhand, where it excels for over the table play.

ZGR is honestly a little too hard for me to use, I lack the power to engage the sponge on every stroke, so while it may have the most speed potential, my shots are slower in game vs the other two.

Is the V20 completely non tacky?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022

Is the V20 completely non tacky?

No, it is definitely tacky. Slightly less so than Rakza Z, but very close, can pick up a ball for a second and sticks to a paper cover sheet. Don't yet know how the tackiness will hold up. It doesn't play as tacky as the Rackza Z, since it is notably faster and there isn't as much dwell time. I don't consider this bad, since RZ has more dwell than any other rubber in it's category.

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews

No, it is definitely tacky. Slightly less so than Rakza Z, but very close, can pick up a ball for a second and sticks to a paper cover sheet. Don't yet know how the tackiness will hold up. It doesn't play as tacky as the Rackza Z, since it is notably faster and there isn't as much dwell time. I don't consider this bad, since RZ has more dwell than any other rubber in it's category.

Oh, I’m confused!!! A reviewer on the forum has it as completely non tacky???!!!!!!!! That’s why I thought it strange that it was being compared to ZGR and RZ EH

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
ZGR is definitely one of the hardest rubbers I've ever used. I feel it's a very advanced rubber. Unless you're over 2000 you won't be able to consistently compress the sponge. Therefore your shots will just die off the paddle. I've tried it for a week and have given up on it. Similar to Hurricane it's great if you hit a full stroke. It will give tons of spin and speed but other than a full stroke it's not really good at other gears.

I've tried Rakza Z as well and I liked the spin but it was too slow for me. I ended up going with Dragon Grip and love it. The only problem is longevity and supply chain problems keeping it in stock.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
I've tried Rakza Z as well and I liked the spin but it was too slow for me.
That's why I decided to try the other options. I think the V20 is a good option for a faster Rakza Z alternative, after playing with it more, it's an easy adjustment. The sponge seems quite similar based on appearance, which bodes well for durability, I find Rakza Z lasts for a very long time.

Agree on the ZGR, I'm handing it off to my friend who is 2000+ to see what he thinks, definitely not for me.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I tried my friend's ZGR today again on both sides. Even though its supposed to be very hard, it still feels less hard than Chinese rubbers in my opinion.
ZGR is very slightly tacky, but nothing like the tackiness of H3 or something.

I also tried it on backhand, and it feels very normal on backhand. It doesn't feel out of place, it feels fast and catapulty like a ESN rubber. It's far closer to G1 or MXP than it is to Hurricane in its characteristics. Even though its supposedly 54 degree hardness, it doesn't feel difficult to use on backhand at all. A DHS 40 hurricane would feel difficult on backhand for me.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
hi guys, im planning using one of this two rubbers on my fh, anyone who used can make a comparision between these two?

I'm familiar with both rubbers and I tested both on at least 3 different blades (Butterfly Viscaria, Stiga Cybershape Carbon, Pimple Park Impetus, and some others) They are both tacky hard rubbers. I used 00 scale durometer to measure the hardness of the sponge and topsheet and the Joola Dynaryz ZGR has 41deg top and 40deg sponge while the Yasaka Rakza Z EH has a 41 deg top and 42 deg sponge (a softer top sheet will help with soft returns and slow loops but to big of a difference between the hardness of the top and sponge will not feel linear and will be unpleasent durring play). The rubber weight cut to a regular size blade (Viscaria) is 55grams for the Joola and 54 grams for the Yasaka. The Joola will keep the ball lower than the Yasaka if that is what you are looking for at same amount of spin generated so is recommended for higher level players while the Yasaka is not that dangerous but easyer to play with. Both rubbers are my top 1&2 all time favorites and they booth outlast and outperform the Dignics 09C in my opinion. Joola is just a bit more suitable for blocks but yasaka will work just as well once you adjust to roll over thetop of the ball a bit while blocking. Serves are almost identical with Yasaka taking the edge but not by mutch. They both exel in opening from heavy underspin and looping.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZFT and davizoosk
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022

I'm familiar with both rubbers and I tested both on at least 3 different blades (Butterfly Viscaria, Stiga Cybershape Carbon, Pimple Park Impetus, and some others) They are both tacky hard rubbers. I used 00 scale durometer to measure the hardness of the sponge and topsheet and the Joola Dynaryz ZGR has 41deg top and 40deg sponge while the Yasaka Rakza Z EH has a 41 deg top and 42 deg sponge (a softer top sheet will help with soft returns and slow loops but to big of a difference between the hardness of the top and sponge will not feel linear and will be unpleasent durring play). The rubber weight cut to a regular size blade (Viscaria) is 55grams for the Joola and 54 grams for the Yasaka. The Joola will keep the ball lower than the Yasaka if that is what you are looking for at same amount of spin generated so is recommended for higher level players while the Yasaka is not that dangerous but easyer to play with. Both rubbers are my top 1&2 all time favorites and they booth outlast and outperform the Dignics 09C in my opinion. Joola is just a bit more suitable for blocks but yasaka will work just as well once you adjust to roll over thetop of the ball a bit while blocking. Serves are almost identical with Yasaka taking the edge but not by mutch. They both exel in opening from heavy underspin and looping.

Which one do you find faster?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
I have this table I created for some of the rubbers I played with including rubber hardness and sponge harness.I will try to add it here shortly. Speed is dependent on the blade you are using so for me it was not a factor. Most hard rubbers will give you whatewer you put in so if people are saying hurricane 3 is not fast enough that only mean they are not hitting hard enough or they do not posess the phisical strenght to play with such rubber.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
Sorry for the incomplete table but I guess I was lazy measuring some of the rubbers weight or I forgot before gluing...

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
rubbers%20JPG.jpeg