Back to Forum
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. davizoosk is offline
    says Takkyū wa tanoshīdesu!
     
    Established TTD Member 38 199
    davizoosk's Avatar
    davizoosk is offline
    says Takkyū wa tanoshīdesu!
     
    Established TTD Member 199 38
    #1

    Dynaryz ZGR vs Rakza Z Extra Hard

    hi guys, im planning using one of this two rubbers on my fh, anyone who used can make a comparision between these two?

  2. Michael Zhuang is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 216 1,562
    M
    Michael Zhuang is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 1,562 216

    User Info Menu


    Aug 2021
    1,562
    216
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #2
    I never tried Rakza Extra Hard, but I felt ZGR was too soft for FH. I felt it topping out rather easily.

  3. davizoosk is offline
    says Takkyū wa tanoshīdesu!
     
    Established TTD Member 38 199
    davizoosk's Avatar
    davizoosk is offline
    says Takkyū wa tanoshīdesu!
     
    Established TTD Member 199 38
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Zhuang
    I never tried Rakza Extra Hard, but I felt ZGR was too soft for FH. I felt it topping out rather easily.

    i hit 2 minutes with a zgr and i think no?
    ​​​​​​
    i have used many hard rubbers.

    zgr is one of the hardest rubbers i ever saw on esn market is like a 40 degree dhs hurricane or more a 40.5
    are you sure you tested zgr?


  4. Michael Zhuang is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 216 1,562
    M
    Michael Zhuang is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 1,562 216

    User Info Menu


    Aug 2021
    1,562
    216
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #4
    I believe it was zgr. But maybe i was mistaken.

  5. Martijn Heemskerk is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 13 107
    M
    Martijn Heemskerk is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 107 13

    User Info Menu


    Sep 2018
    Netherlands
    107
    13
    213
    Read 0 Reviews
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Zhuang
    I believe it was zgr. But maybe i was mistaken.
    I think you might have been mistaken with AGR. While AGR is still 50 degrees, and i find it hard to believe you can easily top that out, it does feel very soft. ZGR however is very hard. I have not played with RZEH but i can say that in comparison with D09C i like ZGR a lot. Its cheaper for starters and i feel like it is very similair. D09C has slightly more spin while ZGR has slightly more speed. Im currently playing with D09C, but as soon as i need to replace it, i will go back to ZGR.

  6. riversquirrel is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 17 31
    R
    riversquirrel is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 31 17

    User Info Menu


    Mar 2022
    United States
    31
    17
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #6
    ZGR is one of the hardest esn sponges on the market. @Michael Zhuang I'm not trying to dunk on you, but are you sure you weren't just hitting through the top sheet, but not hard enough to get into the sponge? Because of the hardness and tension of the top sheet, you really need to hit hard to even get into the sponge, let alone through it.

    As to OP's question, after comparing Regular Rakza Z with ZGR and Victas V20 double extra, I would go with the Victas for FH. I haven't used RZ XH, although I assume it's pretty close to V20. The V20 sponge looks identical, and is listed at 53.5 and RZ XH is 54 iirc, and it already feels pretty close to RZ regular, just harder. In general, I find the V20 rewards good strokes more than RZ does, while the RZ is more forgiving of a mediocre stroke. I am keeping RZ for my backhand, where it excels for over the table play.

    ZGR is honestly a little too hard for me to use, I lack the power to engage the sponge on every stroke, so while it may have the most speed potential, my shots are slower in game vs the other two.

  7. Michael Zhuang is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 216 1,562
    M
    Michael Zhuang is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 1,562 216

    User Info Menu


    Aug 2021
    1,562
    216
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #7
    I checked my mate's rubber again, and it was indeed the ZGR that I tried. But it was only for a few minutes or so. I usually play with 39/40 degree Chinese rubbers, so maybe I'm just not used to the ESN type of feeling.

    Memory can be very flimsy, but just based on my memory, the rubber just felt soft to me. I didn't have that impression when I hit with D09c.

    Maybe I will try again. My impression was that when you hit your hardest loops, it doesn't seem to have the same penetration and force as when you hit the hardest loops with D09c or Chinese rubbers.

  8. IB66 is offline
    says Table Tennis England Level 1 coach
     
    Elite TTD Member 654 1,231
    I
    IB66 is offline
    says Table Tennis England Level 1 coach
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,231 654

    User Info Menu

    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by riversquirrel
    ZGR is one of the hardest esn sponges on the market. @Michael Zhuang I'm not trying to dunk on you, but are you sure you weren't just hitting through the top sheet, but not hard enough to get into the sponge? Because of the hardness and tension of the top sheet, you really need to hit hard to even get into the sponge, let alone through it.

    As to OP's question, after comparing Regular Rakza Z with ZGR and Victas V20 double extra, I would go with the Victas for FH. I haven't used RZ XH, although I assume it's pretty close to V20. The V20 sponge looks identical, and is listed at 53.5 and RZ XH is 54 iirc, and it already feels pretty close to RZ regular, just harder. In general, I find the V20 rewards good strokes more than RZ does, while the RZ is more forgiving of a mediocre stroke. I am keeping RZ for my backhand, where it excels for over the table play.

    ZGR is honestly a little too hard for me to use, I lack the power to engage the sponge on every stroke, so while it may have the most speed potential, my shots are slower in game vs the other two.

    Is the V20 completely non tacky?


  9. riversquirrel is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 17 31
    R
    riversquirrel is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 31 17

    User Info Menu


    Mar 2022
    United States
    31
    17
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by IB66

    Is the V20 completely non tacky?

    No, it is definitely tacky. Slightly less so than Rakza Z, but very close, can pick up a ball for a second and sticks to a paper cover sheet. Don't yet know how the tackiness will hold up. It doesn't play as tacky as the Rackza Z, since it is notably faster and there isn't as much dwell time. I don't consider this bad, since RZ has more dwell than any other rubber in it's category.


  10. IB66 is offline
    says Table Tennis England Level 1 coach
     
    Elite TTD Member 654 1,231
    I
    IB66 is offline
    says Table Tennis England Level 1 coach
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,231 654

    User Info Menu

    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by riversquirrel

    No, it is definitely tacky. Slightly less so than Rakza Z, but very close, can pick up a ball for a second and sticks to a paper cover sheet. Don't yet know how the tackiness will hold up. It doesn't play as tacky as the Rackza Z, since it is notably faster and there isn't as much dwell time. I don't consider this bad, since RZ has more dwell than any other rubber in it's category.

    Oh, I’m confused!!! A reviewer on the forum has it as completely non tacky???!!!!!!!! That’s why I thought it strange that it was being compared to ZGR and RZ EH


  11. Gtsnake is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 11 34
    Gtsnake's Avatar
    Gtsnake is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 34 11

    User Info Menu


    Nov 2011
    United States
    34
    11
    71
    Read 0 Reviews
    #11
    ZGR is definitely one of the hardest rubbers I've ever used. I feel it's a very advanced rubber. Unless you're over 2000 you won't be able to consistently compress the sponge. Therefore your shots will just die off the paddle. I've tried it for a week and have given up on it. Similar to Hurricane it's great if you hit a full stroke. It will give tons of spin and speed but other than a full stroke it's not really good at other gears.

    I've tried Rakza Z as well and I liked the spin but it was too slow for me. I ended up going with Dragon Grip and love it. The only problem is longevity and supply chain problems keeping it in stock.

  12. riversquirrel is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 17 31
    R
    riversquirrel is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 31 17

    User Info Menu


    Mar 2022
    United States
    31
    17
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #12
    I've tried Rakza Z as well and I liked the spin but it was too slow for me.
    That's why I decided to try the other options. I think the V20 is a good option for a faster Rakza Z alternative, after playing with it more, it's an easy adjustment. The sponge seems quite similar based on appearance, which bodes well for durability, I find Rakza Z lasts for a very long time.

    Agree on the ZGR, I'm handing it off to my friend who is 2000+ to see what he thinks, definitely not for me.

  13. Michael Zhuang is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 216 1,562
    M
    Michael Zhuang is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 1,562 216

    User Info Menu


    Aug 2021
    1,562
    216
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #13
    I tried my friend's ZGR today again on both sides. Even though its supposed to be very hard, it still feels less hard than Chinese rubbers in my opinion.
    ZGR is very slightly tacky, but nothing like the tackiness of H3 or something.

    I also tried it on backhand, and it feels very normal on backhand. It doesn't feel out of place, it feels fast and catapulty like a ESN rubber. It's far closer to G1 or MXP than it is to Hurricane in its characteristics. Even though its supposedly 54 degree hardness, it doesn't feel difficult to use on backhand at all. A DHS 40 hurricane would feel difficult on backhand for me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Create a new Topic:
Title is required.