Aruna Quadri (Nigeria)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019

Aruna Quadri (born August 9, 1988 in Oyo, Nigeria) is a Nigerian table tennis player. He competed for Nigeria at three Summer Olympics (London 2012, Rio 2016 and Tokyo 2021), reaching the quarter-finals in the men's singles in 2012. At the 2014 Men's World Cup, he reached the quarter-finals in the men's singles tournament. Three-time Commonwealth Games medalist. Champion and total five-time winner of the African Games. Six-time African champion and a total of 18 medals in this tournament. Four-time winner of the African Cup and a total of 11-time winner of this tournament.Aruna is known for his forehand oriented style of play, which allows him to score a lot of points with attacking shots. Previously sponsored by Joola, currently sponsored by GEWO

Last edited:
says Rozena! You complete me.
Mar 2021

Aruna Quadri (born August 9, 1988 in Oyo, Nigeria) is a Nigerian table tennis player. He competed for Nigeria at three Summer Olympics (London 2012, Rio 2016 and Tokyo 2021), reaching the quarter-finals in the men's singles in 2012. At the 2014 Men's World Cup, he reached the quarter-finals in the men's singles tournament. Three-time Commonwealth Games medalist. Champion and total five-time winner of the African Games. Six-time African champion and a total of 18 medals in this tournament. Four-time winner of the African Cup and a total of 11-time winner of this tournament.Aruna is known for his forehand oriented style of play, which allows him to score a lot of points with attacking shots. He is a Joola and GEWO sponsored player.
Aruna 😍

Is the sentence that I bolded a typo? Is it possible for a player to be sponsored by two TT brand at the same time?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019

Thanks, I'll check and fix it. But most likely at the moment only GEVO

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I think aruna is a great sponsorship deal for gewo, they probably can't afford the top dogs like the Chinese or timo and dima but aruna is a popular player and that ugly green rubber has great recognition value.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
I would argue that Aruna is worth more than a top Chinese pro or an aging German star as a brand ambassador. Whilst there are many European and Asian players that have reached the top 10, he is the only black player (apart from Desmond Douglas) that I can think of and also the only player from Africa to have reached such a high level and all this with a unique style.

Hopefully they recognise his popularity and marketability and use Aruna to grow both the sport and their brand. I know that for me Gewo is a brand I would rather buy from than the Moth or DHS.

Mar 2021
Dominikk85;377805I think aruna is a great sponsorship deal for gewo, they probably can't afford the top dogs like the Chinese or timo and dima but aruna is a popular player and that ugly green rubber has great recognition value.
844AFECA%20144C%204B0E%2082A5%207EEBAE6F3238%20jpeg.jpeg

2C25AF41%20ADDF%2046DF%20AA1C%2086608E069496%20jpeg.jpeg

Who says Green is ugly. She is a beautiful work of art. She is my SHE-HULK.

Reactions: SofaChamp
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

Its called Tokyo 2020 Olympics.

And yeah, he moved over to Gewo in 2019. (Joola was 10 years prior)

Aruna came to fame mostly around Rio 2016.
With wins over Chuang (4-0) then Boll (4-2), one of my friends commentates on TV and they were saying, who is this guy? where did he come from etc.
From Chuang's coaching circle, they couldn't believe that Aruna ball could skid so far high up into the body, and Chuang was not able to cope with the power being so high up (not even the Chinese players could do that).

in 2016, Aruna was already 28, and really unknown to the top players. Since then, together with Gewo, he started to have good wins. and now he is 36 and top 10 in the world.