Review of Korbel Blades

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2022
Hello TableTennisDaily Community!

I'm writing here because I would like to ask you if anyone has ever used a BTY Korbel blade before. I'm looking for reviews, opinions and experiences about these blades as I'm planning to buy my first pro setup, and I'm thinking in a good allwood blades that might be close to the carbon blades. I've been told the Korbels are the only one to look around at. Prove them wrong or right, please! :)

Thanks!

If You are playing with what You say in Your profile and do it well You should not have to ask, You should know already....

My take based on Your question, disgarding Your profile:
Id say the 5 ply allwood Korbel is a good choice. But here are It has a little larger head (158x152 mm) than standard (157x150 mm). It's rated off which may be a tad too fast, but if You combine it with something like Yasaka Mark V (slow rubber) it not a problem really. There are other options Yasaka Sweden (or Sweden Extra), Stiga allround (or allround evolution), i9f You are hellbent for Butterfly You have Butterfly Primorac (absolutely not the carbon blade). I think they all have the standard head. To generalize You want an all wood blade with a rating of ALL - OFF-. The Korbel is rated OFF but I think thats a borderline call.
You do not want a blade that is too fast for You, this will make You hold back and not having confidence in Your strokes.
You can with a slow rubber slow down the bat to a certain degree. Forget everything about carbon for now it will probably do more harm than good...

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2022
If You are playing with what You say in Your profile and do it well You should not have to ask, You should know already....

My take based on Your question, disgarding Your profile:
Id say the 5 ply allwood Korbel is a good choice. But here are It has a little larger head (158x152 mm) than standard (157x150 mm). It's rated off which may be a tad too fast, but if You combine it with something like Yasaka Mark V (slow rubber) it not a problem really. There are other options Yasaka Sweden (or Sweden Extra), Stiga allround (or allround evolution), i9f You are hellbent for Butterfly You have Butterfly Primorac (absolutely not the carbon blade). I think they all have the standard head. To generalize You want an all wood blade with a rating of ALL - OFF-. The Korbel is rated OFF but I think thats a borderline call.
You do not want a blade that is too fast for You, this will make You hold back and not having confidence in Your strokes.
You can with a slow rubber slow down the bat to a certain degree. Forget everything about carbon for now it will probably do more harm than good...

Cheers
L-zr

Lazer!

Thanks for your reply!

Firstly, I set this blade of the current one as I'm only going to buy it (haven't done so yet), because the previous one had no brand.

Secondly, I was thinking about getting a carbon blade, but they are way too overpriced and fast for me. I usually put more focus on the spin and control, rather than speed.

Since I started using Butterfly, I realized that it is a very good brand, and I don't think I'll ever have intention of chaning brand. Someday I might try out some Yasaka blades and rubbers, but we'll see. This SK7 will be good for me for now, and maybe I'll even stick to that. :)

Thanks!

The first thing you must understand is that a blade does not have spin, none zip zero nothing…
The spin is all in the rubber.
But a blade that is slower will keep the ball on the rubber longer than a fast blade. Generally the longer you keep the ball on the rubber the more spin you can give it.

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2022
The first thing you must understand is that a blade does not have spin, none zip zero nothing…
The spin is all in the rubber.
But a blade that is slower will keep the ball on the rubber longer than a fast blade. Generally the longer you keep the ball on the rubber the more spin you can give it.

Cheers
L-zr

Yeah, I know that spin is coming from the rubber. But certain blades are not really useful when it comes to counter spin or any offensive spin. As for me, the spin is important, thus a not so fast blade, which I believe SK7 will be suitable for.

Thanks!

Yeah, I know that spin is coming from the rubber. But certain blades are not really useful when it comes to counter spin or any offensive spin. As for me, the spin is important, thus a not so fast blade, which I believe SK7 will be suitable for.

Thanks!

Yes they are, but you have to have the skill for it…

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2022

Chegg is a company that provides students with affordable resources to help them improve their academic performance. Chegg.com was founded in 2001 by three Iowa State University students who wanted to assist users with homework, scholarship searches, and internship opportunities. In recent years, the firm has shifted its emphasis to textbook rentals in both digital and hard copy versions. Chegg has also introduced several online courses on themes such as sorority and fraternity pledging, long-distance relationships, the hazards of contaminated diseases in cafeteria eating, and embracing the dreaded 15 pounds that freshmen tend to acquire in their first year of college.