Back to Forum
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 65
  1. PingBirdPong is offline
    says Verified Cheater, Banned by ITTF :)
     
    Senior TTD Member 415 759
    PingBirdPong's Avatar
    PingBirdPong is offline
    says Verified Cheater, Banned by ITTF :)
     
    Senior TTD Member 759 415
    #1

    I’m horrible, help

    Here’s a recent video I managed to get onto YouTube. I am playing terribly these days. The small court in the video stops me from opening up, so I’m too passive. And my technique is way off. Even though I was able to do it with 90% success a few months ago, I completely fail to lift backspin now and can’t figure out how to fix it. I feel like I’m no longer in control of my body.
    FYI: The video is two sets against a school team member of my old school (trained for 7 years)

  2. Der_Echte is offline
    says Grand Consultant to the Office of the Goon Squad
     
    Master TTD Member 11,704 11,525
    Der_Echte's Avatar
    Der_Echte is offline
    says Grand Consultant to the Office of the Goon Squad
     
    Master TTD Member 11,525 11,704

    User Info Menu

    #2
    Maybe you are not playing regularly. One needs to play 3x a week with a purpose to maintain the level or slowly improve... less than that and one can get worse. TT requires more time doing it than say tennis.

    The Following User Likes Der_Echte's Post:

    PingBirdPong

    President, Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club. Hit us up on TTD or Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/koreaforeignttc

    Janitor at NexyUSA TT Equipment Shop
    http://www.nexyusa.com

    View our Lame Nexy USA corporate FB page
    http://www.facebook.com/nexyusa

  3. PingBirdPong is offline
    says Verified Cheater, Banned by ITTF :)
     
    Senior TTD Member 415 759
    PingBirdPong's Avatar
    PingBirdPong is offline
    says Verified Cheater, Banned by ITTF :)
     
    Senior TTD Member 759 415
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Der_Echte
    Maybe you are not playing regularly. One needs to play 3x a week with a purpose to maintain the level or slowly improve... less than that and one can get worse. TT requires more time doing it than say tennis.
    Indeed I was not. I had been training regularly a while ago, and played quite well for a while. But then Chinese education struck and I had to focus on a test that’s planned for THE MIDDLE OF SUMMER BREAK. So there goes my TT time.
    Achieve your dreams, or die trying.

  4. Tony's Table Tennis is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 3,022 4,572
    T
    Tony's Table Tennis is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 4,572 3,022

    User Info Menu


    Sep 2013
    South Africa
    4,572
    3,022
    8938
    Read 3 Reviews
    #4

    I think it is too late now... there is no hope....

    The Following 4 Users Like Tony's Table Tennis's Post:

    Attitude, mocker88 and 2 others

    TTT

  5. Gozo is offline
    says May the Spin be with you!
     
    Senior TTD Member 551 865
    Gozo's Avatar
    Gozo is offline
    says May the Spin be with you!
     
    Senior TTD Member 865 551
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by PingBirdPong
    Here’s a recent video I managed to get onto YouTube. I am playing terribly these days. The small court in the video stops me from opening up, so I’m too passive. And my technique is way off. Even though I was able to do it with 90% success a few months ago, I completely fail to lift backspin now and can’t figure out how to fix it. I feel like I’m no longer in control of my body.FYI: The video is two sets against a school team member of my old school (trained for 7 years)
    You are not bad, you are just goofing around. I can feel that this does not represent the 100% you. You were just goofing around. Hence, don't take it too serious. Show us some real serious footage next time then we can better comment more accurately. For the benefit of clarity; serious means your body language shows that you want to win the match badly.

    The Following 2 Users Like Gozo's Post:

    lodro and PingBirdPong


  6. PingBirdPong is offline
    says Verified Cheater, Banned by ITTF :)
     
    Senior TTD Member 415 759
    PingBirdPong's Avatar
    PingBirdPong is offline
    says Verified Cheater, Banned by ITTF :)
     
    Senior TTD Member 759 415
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony's Table Tennis

    I think it is too late now... there is no hope....

    (Can’t tell if you are serious or not)
    Noooooooooooooooooo……
    🙉
    Achieve your dreams, or die trying.

  7. Tony's Table Tennis is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 3,022 4,572
    T
    Tony's Table Tennis is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 4,572 3,022

    User Info Menu


    Sep 2013
    South Africa
    4,572
    3,022
    8938
    Read 3 Reviews
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by PingBirdPong
    (Can’t tell if you are serious or not)
    Noooooooooooooooooo……
    🙉

    how do you expect to have a tall guy playing in that space?

    1st kick out the next table
    2nd kick out the badminton people
    3rd, move your table so you have the WHOLE area to yourself

    then maybe can try and play

    We will talk about your EJ virus next time and find a way to heal it

    The Following User Likes Tony's Table Tennis's Post:

    PingBirdPong

    TTT

  8. Loop Willie is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 2 5
    L
    Loop Willie is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 5 2

    User Info Menu


    Jul 2022
    Malaysia
    5
    2
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #8
    I have never seen a Multi Bird training (in badminton) . 1:54 of the video
    Your TPH backhand is not bad. Tony is wrong. It is not too late for you. You can still try to learn RPH backhand

    Seriously, I have rarely seen a poster with a YouTube video, say as to who is who in the video. I have seen a few players say like "I am the one with green skirt & high heels" or something.

    The Following 2 Users Like Loop Willie's Post:

    brokenball and PingBirdPong

    Last edited by Loop Willie; 08-13-2022 at 04:13 PM.

  9. PingBirdPong is offline
    says Verified Cheater, Banned by ITTF :)
     
    Senior TTD Member 415 759
    PingBirdPong's Avatar
    PingBirdPong is offline
    says Verified Cheater, Banned by ITTF :)
     
    Senior TTD Member 759 415
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Loop Willie
    I have never seen a Multi Bird training (in badminton) . 1:54 of the video
    Your TPH backhand is not bad. Tony is wrong. It is not too late for you. You can still try to learn RPH backhand

    Seriously, I have rarely seen a poster with a YouTube video, say as to who is who in the video. I have seen a few players say like "I am the one with green skirt & high heels" or something.

    Sorry for any confusion, but to clear things up: I am the tall and skinny high schooler in grey t shirt and black shorts. I’m playing the kid with the white T-shirt.

    Achieve your dreams, or die trying.

  10. PingBirdPong is offline
    says Verified Cheater, Banned by ITTF :)
     
    Senior TTD Member 415 759
    PingBirdPong's Avatar
    PingBirdPong is offline
    says Verified Cheater, Banned by ITTF :)
     
    Senior TTD Member 759 415
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony's Table Tennis

    how do you expect to have a tall guy playing in that space?

    1st kick out the next table
    2nd kick out the badminton people
    3rd, move your table so you have the WHOLE area to yourself

    then maybe can try and play

    We will talk about your EJ virus next time and find a way to heal it

    4th, get kicked out for hogging the court.😆

    I mean, the court costs 3 dollars an hour, I get what I get. But yes, a lot more room is needed.

    And yes, I need to deal with the fact that I have 4 active rackets of different structure and probably need to stick with the Boll alc and the 7-plys.
    Yes sir! Thank you sir!

    Achieve your dreams, or die trying.

  11. Attitude is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 175 318
    Attitude's Avatar
    Attitude is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 318 175
    #11
    So serval things i like to mention, besides that you just can not play like this. I mean things like the old man walking right behind you without a word, is not just rude but really dangerous. Once I hit an unattended child with a full blown topspin in the back who was picking smth up behind me. If that stroke would hit the head, that child would have been unconscious with a dent in the head to remember.

    First every backspin ball you failed to bring over the net you hit it with a topspin instead of a loop. In general at this level you need to loop or at least hit upwards every ball that lands below the net to bring it back over the net.
    Second, you are a tall guy. You really need to get your ass lower. Bend your knees more and lean more forward. You are miscalculating and misreading the spin of many balls in the position you are standing and hitting the ball.
    Third, dont blame your body. If you are that tall and compromised in your movement you cant trust your body to make decent choices for you. The risk of sidestepping into someone is way too big. I mean i am smaller than you probably and one sidejump into topsping would have been enough to crack the hip of the oldtimer next to you^^. No position i would want to be in.

    The Following User Likes Attitude's Post:

    PingBirdPong


  12. PingBirdPong is offline
    says Verified Cheater, Banned by ITTF :)
     
    Senior TTD Member 415 759
    PingBirdPong's Avatar
    PingBirdPong is offline
    says Verified Cheater, Banned by ITTF :)
     
    Senior TTD Member 759 415
    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Attitude
    So serval things i like to mention, besides that you just can not play like this. I mean things like the old man walking right behind you without a word, is not just rude but really dangerous. Once I hit an unattended child with a full blown topspin in the back who was picking smth up behind me. If that stroke would hit the head, that child would have been unconscious with a dent in the head to remember.

    First every backspin ball you failed to bring over the net you hit it with a topspin instead of a loop. In general at this level you need to loop or at least hit upwards every ball that lands below the net to bring it back over the net.
    Second, you are a tall guy. You really need to get your ass lower. Bend your knees more and lean more forward. You are miscalculating and misreading the spin of many balls in the position you are standing and hitting the ball.
    Third, dont blame your body. If you are that tall and compromised in your movement you cant trust your body to make decent choices for you. The risk of sidestepping into someone is way too big. I mean i am smaller than you probably and one sidejump into topsping would have been enough to crack the hip of the oldtimer next to you^^. No position i would want to be in.
    Thanks for the advice.
    The things I can do here are
    1. practice my topspin against backspin and find the old feeling
    2. remember to keep my center of mass low and in front at all times
    3. find a bigger court

    The Following User Likes PingBirdPong's Post:

    Attitude

    Achieve your dreams, or die trying.

  13. Haraold is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 64 216
    Haraold's Avatar
    Haraold is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 216 64
    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by PingBirdPong

    Sorry for any confusion, but to clear things up: I am the tall and skinny high schooler in grey t shirt and black shorts. I’m playing the kid with the white T-shirt.

    i don´t know what the problem is you counterpunched very awesome for your age and the Penhold Style😁 Well maybe just cause you think you are to tall,there were good tall players Before who took advantage of the angles and their reach,the main points already where pointed out from others. But look at Samsonov he had an incredible reach and was tall. Take what you think is a wekaness and try to make it an advantage,he doesn´t look faster than you,even if he is smaller. Meaning lower Body movement not the Arm Wrist movement,keep it up.
    You have some good games and some bad ones,sometimes you learn more from bad games. And if you are in A stresssituation in your live School and no time to practice,dont get to critical of yourself. Was that the first Game and training after your Exams?

    The Following 2 Users Like Haraold's Post:

    lodro and PingBirdPong

    Last edited by Haraold; 08-14-2022 at 03:31 AM.

  14. lodro is offline
    says TT-CLOWN, old git
     
    Master TTD Member 529 1,503
    L
    lodro is offline
    says TT-CLOWN, old git
     
    Master TTD Member 1,503 529

    User Info Menu

    #14

    Long time ago there was a video about sport-psychology relating to TT and i remember the "guru" insisting that we should attack every training session like it were the final in a great tournament,

    Next time before the training watch some video of your TT-idol and then go and kick ass 😂

    ........and yes, stop playing that penhold grip 😁

    The Following User Likes lodro's Post:

    PingBirdPong


  15. PingBirdPong is offline
    says Verified Cheater, Banned by ITTF :)
     
    Senior TTD Member 415 759
    PingBirdPong's Avatar
    PingBirdPong is offline
    says Verified Cheater, Banned by ITTF :)
     
    Senior TTD Member 759 415
    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Haraold

    i don´t know what the problem is you counterpunched very awesome for your age and the Penhold Style😁 Well maybe just cause you think you are to tall,there were good tall players Before who took advantage of the angles and their reach,the main points already where pointed out from others. But look at Samsonov he had an incredible reach and was tall. Take what you think is a wekaness and try to make it an advantage,he doesn´t look faster than you,even if he is smaller. Meaning lower Body movement not the Arm Wrist movement,keep it up.
    You have some good games and some bad ones,sometimes you learn more from bad games. And if you are in A stresssituation in your live School and no time to practice,dont get to critical of yourself. Was that the first Game and training after your Exams?

    No, I had trained quite a bit.
    Achieve your dreams, or die trying.

  16. Haraold is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 64 216
    Haraold's Avatar
    Haraold is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 216 64
    #16
    where they stressfull and did something else wear on your mind?talking about concenntration here?

  17. lodro is offline
    says TT-CLOWN, old git
     
    Master TTD Member 529 1,503
    L
    lodro is offline
    says TT-CLOWN, old git
     
    Master TTD Member 1,503 529

    User Info Menu

    #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Haraold
    where they stressfull and did something else wear on your mind?talking about concenntration here?

    Det habe icke doch schon jesacht 😂

    The Following 2 Users Like lodro's Post:

    Haraold and PingBirdPong


  18. Haraold is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 64 216
    Haraold's Avatar
    Haraold is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 216 64
    #18
    ja dann lösches hoid

    The Following User Likes Haraold's Post:

    lodro


  19. PingBirdPong is offline
    says Verified Cheater, Banned by ITTF :)
     
    Senior TTD Member 415 759
    PingBirdPong's Avatar
    PingBirdPong is offline
    says Verified Cheater, Banned by ITTF :)
     
    Senior TTD Member 759 415
    #19
    Ummmmm….
    could someone please be nice and translate?
    thanks
    😂

    The Following User Likes PingBirdPong's Post:

    Lazer

    Last edited by PingBirdPong; 08-14-2022 at 09:06 AM.
    Achieve your dreams, or die trying.

  20. Lazer is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 427 989
    Lazer's Avatar
    Lazer is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 989 427
    #20
    Good bird. 😃

    The Following 2 Users Like Lazer's Post:

    Haraold and PingBirdPong

    Last edited by Lazer; 08-14-2022 at 10:42 AM.
    Steal a little and they throw You in jail, Steal a lot and they make You King... (Dylan)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Create a new Topic:
Title is required.