DHS Power G9?

This user has no status.
What do you think about this blade for attacking and defensive?

I am thinking about buying this blade to use it first for defensive with whatever rubber on BH, but i want to know what good rubber for FH for offensive or all round style, i was thinking about going FULL DHS with it, so i want to buy both rubbers from DHS if possible, there are like 2 rubbers or 3 in mind for FH and one for BH [LP].

This user has no status.
This one is very fast. A little too fast for me. I'm using Yinhe V14 PRO now, and that's quite fast as well. But it got good feeling as well, so it's not just a speed demon :)

Strange, how faster is fast of this blade? Because i tried something like Yasaka Max Wood and it wasn't that fast regardless the specifications is very similar to this G9, and soon will test Donic Ovch Senso V1 and a replica of Long 3 both for defense and see how fast they are to each other, but the last time i was playing which was 3-4 days ago [Thursday] i tested my new blade of Max Wood and it wasn't fast on the defense side but fast enough on the offensive side.

I don't know what happened to me really, i played with Max Wood of a club beautifully and nicely and it was like full of control and speed is just average, while my Max Wood which is same blade and same BH rubber it was slow for me, i mean it was faster for offensive due to different FH rubber but so slow on BH side with same rubber and no great control, not sure about the other two blades i gonna test next week, so wanted to see if that PG9 could give me the control i need maybe.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews

Strange, how faster is fast of this blade? Because i tried something like Yasaka Max Wood and it wasn't that fast regardless the specifications is very similar to this G9, and soon will test Donic Ovch Senso V1 and a replica of Long 3 both for defense and see how fast they are to each other, but the last time i was playing which was 3-4 days ago [Thursday] i tested my new blade of Max Wood and it wasn't fast on the defense side but fast enough on the offensive side.

I don't know what happened to me really, i played with Max Wood of a club beautifully and nicely and it was like full of control and speed is just average, while my Max Wood which is same blade and same BH rubber it was slow for me, i mean it was faster for offensive due to different FH rubber but so slow on BH side with same rubber and no great control, not sure about the other two blades i gonna test next week, so wanted to see if that PG9 could give me the control i need maybe.

Well. It's not that super fast, but I had problems using H3 41deg on forehand. Had to use Yinhe Big Dipper 38/39deg with a shorter trajectory, and softer feel to land the loops on the table. I guess your Max Wood is quite fast as well, so maybe this one is really right for you. It's all so individual :)

This user has no status.

Well. It's not that super fast, but I had problems using H3 41deg on forehand. Had to use Yinhe Big Dipper 38/39deg with a shorter trajectory, and softer feel to land the loops on the table. I guess your Max Wood is quite fast as well, so maybe this one is really right for you. It's all so individual :)

I bought Big Dipper but i am planning to use that rubber with another Yinhe LP rubber [Neptune] on Yinhe blade, i ordered a model that is not much known, hopefully it can be a great blade for test who knows.

I was thinking about using something like TG3 or Goldarc 8 on this PG9 if i bought it, not going to use H3 with many blades, 3-4 blades are enough, so this one i wanted to try a different rubber from DHS for test, they are all cheap affordable so i am open for tests more and i can sell something later if possible or even if i keep i didn't spent much, and it sounds this blade could be my last as i bought a lot in this month and last month and i want to finish and stop for long time, and i made sure i only order 7-ply all wood blades except one [Cybershape with carbon], i had few 5-ply blades and they aren't much good for me.

I was thinking between this blade or PG7 or any Power G series with 7ply, but sounds this model 9 has more reviews with 7, and i felt like 9 could be better for control and speed overall than slower one.

Reactions: mocker88
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016

I used PG9 for about a year with H3N. It has quite a bit of rebound which works well with Chinese tacky rubbers. Definitely not the best for LP chopping but could maybe work for OX LP blocking. I'd look for an oversized defensive blade that is on the thicker faster side for defense.

I personally prefer TTL Dictator straight handle or something with similar construction for defense. Thin middle and outer plies with thick secondary plies... https://1-tt--maximum-com.translate.goog/shop/blades/ttl-dictator?_x_tr_enc=1&_x_tr_sl=ru&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=sc

Works great with harder (even dead) Chinese rubbers and LP's for chopping.

osnovanie%20ttl%20dictator%20jpg.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: TareqPhoto
This user has no status.

I used PG9 for about a year with H3N. It has quite a bit of rebound which works well with Chinese tacky rubbers. Definitely not the best for LP chopping but could maybe work for OX LP blocking. I'd look for an oversized defensive blade that is on the thicker faster side for defense.

I personally prefer TTL Dictator straight handle or something with similar construction for defense. Thin middle and outer plies with thick secondary plies... https://1-tt--maximum-com.translate.goog/shop/blades/ttl-dictator?_x_tr_enc=1&_x_tr_sl=ru&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=sc

Works great with harder (even dead) Chinese rubbers and LP's for chopping.

osnovanie%20ttl%20dictator%20jpg.jpeg

Most likely i don't chop only in defense, but i block a lot too, i even attack, that blade i was testing before allowed me to attack close to the table which gave me an advantage many times more than just slower blade and keep chopping forever from mid/far table.

I will look at that blade and see similar construction ply of it, i have maybe 2 or 3 blades with 5 ply and i couldn't rely on anyone for defensive really, i even have Butterfly Defense III blade with sponge LP and it is almost like giving me tricks more than opponents, so i stopped using it, maybe one day i will remove that sponge LP and go with OX LP and see, maybe i need a fast OX LP i don't know which really, but until then i want to give a try of this PG9.

Reactions: Way Zooted
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
PG9 is rather slow and flexible. I think for your purposes, it will be fine. But if you've already tried the PG7 then this is a step down.

This user has no status.
What do you think about this blade for attacking and defensive?

I am thinking about buying this blade to use it first for defensive with whatever rubber on BH, but i want to know what good rubber for FH for offensive or all round style, i was thinking about going FULL DHS with it, so i want to buy both rubbers from DHS if possible, there are like 2 rubbers or 3 in mind for FH and one for BH [LP].
I am very familiar with the DHS Power G9 blade - I mostly use them with the same DHS rubber on both sides:
- 2× Hurricane 3 Neo (39°, 2.2mm)
- 1× Hurricane 3 Neo Provincial (39°, 2.2mm, orange sponge on both sides)
- 1× GoldArc 5 (47.5°eu, max)
- 1× Skyline TG 2 Neo (39°, 2.2mm)

The one with GoldArc 5 feels rather allround - not really fast, but has a good quality topsheet, and while it has an ESN sponge, its playing characteristics stayed the same across several months.
I had lower quality glueing job with one of the rackets with H3 Neo, but after I broke it in with a few hours play, it seems to be better - the other one is sold to my friend (it was one assembled by the team of TT11, job well done). The glueing job for the Provincial version was better, and it can be almost too fast for me, but with good quality shot technique, it seems manageable.
The one with Skyline TG2 Neo is just two days old, but it is already fast on the Power G9 when I need it (it has noticeably lower throw than H3 Neo by the way, even than Friendship Battle II 'TG' edition /grey paper wrap/ 39 degree)

I was also thinking about trying short pips on Power G9, but those went eventually on another blade (Yinhe Uranus U2), but never thought about trying long pips on it - because it is already speedy enough, LP usage would be restricted to OX or up to 0.5mm sponge, I guess.

This user has no status.
PG9 is rather slow and flexible. I think for your purposes, it will be fine. But if you've already tried the PG7 then this is a step down.

No i never tried PG7 before, i mean i can go with PG7 over PG9, but the specs of PG9 i felt like it could be better somehow, but i could be wrong, after all i can buy both but not at the same time, so should i go with PG7 first then PG9 or the opposite? Or just buy one of them and ignore the second completely.

This user has no status.
I am very familiar with the DHS Power G9 blade - I mostly use them with the same DHS rubber on both sides:
- 2× Hurricane 3 Neo (39°, 2.2mm)
- 1× Hurricane 3 Neo Provincial (39°, 2.2mm, orange sponge on both sides)
- 1× GoldArc 5 (47.5°eu, max)
- 1× Skyline TG 2 Neo (39°, 2.2mm)

The one with GoldArc 5 feels rather allround - not really fast, but has a good quality topsheet, and while it has an ESN sponge, its playing characteristics stayed the same across several months.
I had lower quality glueing job with one of the rackets with H3 Neo, but after I broke it in with a few hours play, it seems to be better - the other one is sold to my friend (it was one assembled by the team of TT11, job well done). The glueing job for the Provincial version was better, and it can be almost too fast for me, but with good quality shot technique, it seems manageable.
The one with Skyline TG2 Neo is just two days old, but it is already fast on the Power G9 when I need it (it has noticeably lower throw than H3 Neo by the way, even than Friendship Battle II 'TG' edition /grey paper wrap/ 39 degree)

I was also thinking about trying short pips on Power G9, but those went eventually on another blade (Yinhe Uranus U2), but never thought about trying long pips on it - because it is already speedy enough, LP usage would be restricted to OX or up to 0.5mm sponge, I guess.

I am still trying to figure out those two blades i was testing before one of them is belong to a club and i returned it back anyway, i got this blade and LP assembled last week or about 10 days ago, i played with it and i found out that it wasn't the same, the LP is still not so consistent for me as the one i tried, and even i felt the racket is overall lighter, so i don't know if the weight is also playing an affect here, i don't know what is the weight of that racket i tried but i can noticeably feel it was heavier than mine.

I keep trying more of those 7ply blades with LP OX on BH until i find something that will click for me as it clicked for one racket [the other one i tested nicely i don't know what blade it is or which LP rubber], i have one LP OX on 5ply Yinhe N11 and it was not good for me, i have another LP with sponge on defensive blade and it wasn't good enough, still struggle/suffer with it more than i enjoy it, and played with it few games next to the club racket and it wasn't the same and i didn't get more winning games, not sure if i should change it to LP OX maybe it will do something not sure.

So it comes this PG9 to be as one of those tested blades for me, for speed or offensive play it can be good, but i am not looking for that, and most blades i have are all great for FH offensive, but i have more issues in BH side, it is kind of i don't want so fast rubber and not so slow, and if it is LP then most likely i want it to be more speed and less control because then i can chop from back easily effortlessly and also i can attack next to table when i want, slower higher control LP most likely will put me in dead zone after a while and getting exhausted and my gas tank is running away before i can master it nicely, not sure if the speed is coming for the blade or from the rubber or both, and i don't know if PG9 or PG7 can do any better job for against the other blades i am having for tests such as the followings:

1. Nittaku Ma Long 7
2. Donic Ovcharov Senso V1
3. Yasaka Max Wood [regular]
4. Butterfly Defence III
5. Yinhe N11
6. Yasaka Extra [regular] which i am using it with Yasaka Anti Power
7. Lemuria Long 3 replica [7 ply wood that is almost same as DHS Long 3]
8. Buying Sanwei Fextra 7 or another one of those Cybershape all wood blades but must be 7ply or so heavy or any blade but heavy above 94g.

In a club i go to there is a player who is in the top ranking there for their own members challenge, this player is almost slaughtering all opponents with he rackets using LP, i noticed that all or his main racket has several coins glued in the bottom of the handle, i asked him why and he said for balance as i expected, but what balance he is looking for? I mean is it adding weights can give balance or change the racket performance? Kind of i agree with him as i feel a heavier blades could give better LP control and speed than just fast blades whatever ply they are but not balanced in weight or lighter.