Why Manika Batra took liking for shabby pimples.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
TIME IS THE BEST TREATMENT.
Manika Batra is known to use worn-out, oldish rubber on backhand, on purpose. The rubber went near frictionless with time. Clever one the gal is, indeed.

https://www.mytischtennis.de/public/fotos/1854/Buntes---Die-Schlaeger-der-WTT-Stars-von-Budapest/27/

Igor, let me help you with some practical knowledge on pips and high level players.

One of my players use this rubber before.
From brand new to worn out, is only around 30~45 days.... Same style of play...
She likes the pips the best around 2nd week, and around 4th week, the pips will start breaking.

Of course we talking high level player, with 40+ hours of hitting a week.
So 160 hours to kill a pip is a bit fast, but not unnormal.
if we take 45 days, it is more around 200 hours.
She hasn't found a pip that can last 2 months yet.

Maybe for you, old = 160 hours of play? if you play 2 hours a week, that is 80 weeks, so 1.5 years old for you?
But for her, it is only 30~40 days old and I'm sure no different to Manika.

So unless you spoken to Manika, please stop making assumptions or fake news.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Mods, why is igor's intentional trolling being tolerated? Perhaps enough is enough.

He is a troll. Pretty much all of his posts are trolling. But I have never seen it as malicious....mean spirited. He does not get down in the mud and argue with people. He does not usually answer if people pick apart his ideas. And it is all about the subject of table tennis.

So, I just leave him alone.

But maybe have Dan take a look at his posts if you feel he is really offensive. If Dan wants to take him down, I am okay with doing it.

Reactions: latej and Lazer
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

He is a troll. Pretty much all of his posts are trolling. But I have never seen it as malicious....mean spirited. He does not get down in the mud and argue with people. He does not usually answer if people pick apart his ideas. And it is all about the subject of table tennis.

So, I just leave him alone.

But maybe have Dan take a look at his posts if you feel he is really offensive. If Dan wants to take him down, I am okay with doing it.

Can't stand his fake news
22cm service toss rule enforced by ITTF utter nonsense
Pro players using aged rubbers is utter nonsense. You might see it in the amateur veterans division...maybe that is where he got his idea from
If I was Manika, I would sue the hell out of him for allegations like that.

Some times trolling is one thing, but fake news spreading is another. He should be get a private label as fake news spreader if Dan allows him to stay, so people can just see his post and knows there is close to zero credibility behind it

Just imagine igor get his friend, and there are 100 of fake news spreader here....

Last edited:
Reactions: AndroidRX93
I don’t see what is to be upset about. Don’t be ridiculous, Carls assessment is correct it doesn’t do any harm I’ve seen a lot worse. Igor is just expressing his opinions just like anybody else. Sometimes they are not quite understandable but that’s a different story.
You don’t want to turn this place into Notth Korea…

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I don’t see what is to be upset about. Don’t be ridiculous, Carls assessment is correct it doesn’t do any harm I’ve seen a lot worse. Igor is just expressing his opinions just like anybody else. Sometimes they are not quite understandable but that’s a different story.
You don’t want to turn this place into Notth Korea…

Cheers
L-zr

Lazer likes to eat poop for lunch, let me go and tell the whole world that.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
+ 1 ... This guy is super annoying ..

btw ... why most pro players on the same circuit took liking to boosting ... huh ?

The game (players game) has always become faster and spinnier over the past 20-30 years (that I have been actively involved)
ITTF is slowing it down to make more viewers (ask them how much more viewers did they get now) and to make stronger players weaker (this this won't admit, they admit to viewers though)

Manufactures on the other side have been trying to make equipment faster and spinnier, so everyone is going this route - but ITTF wants to slow it down.
Bigger balls (yes, bigger than 40+) was also even proposed. Including raising net heights and what not. So this will all slow the game even more if it does get voted in, in future AGMs.

So why players took liking to boosting?
ITTF allows boosting. They allow that the manufacture to boost, but players can't.
But not all players could get fresh fresh manufacture boosted rubbers right before the tournament (and yes, some do or can - so it is unfair), so then players took it upon themselves to do what the manufacture is allowed to do.

And that is now a decade later, many players are boosting - way more than a decade earlier.

It is like we talking F1, but lets make a rule to slow down your engine.
Or telling Bolt to use sponge shoes, so we can slow him down.
Should just be a fair playing field for all, and if manufactures can boost and some players benefit, then really - all players should be allowed to boost.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews

Lazer likes to eat poop for lunch, let me go and tell the whole world that.

And nobody would give a ****.
I am with Lazer here.

Canceling Igor for trolling would be ridiculous. If you start banning ppl for smth like this you need to get rid of users like DerEchte and many others too. This place would soon get boring and wouldnt be this fun anymore.

And to say smth regarding the actual topic. Besides his accusations against Manica might be wrong, there are enough ppl (in my league and higher ups too) who change their topsheet pips illegally by enormous amount. This is a serious problem nontheless and not to deal with in amateur level championships (Everything below 1,9k TTR) aside from tournaments.

In addition this thread is already helpfull with usefull input thanks to you and this thread. I already wondered why her racket looked so shitty, but didnt question it any further. So without this thread we wouldnt have gotten your insight on this matter.

Reactions: Lazer
This user has no status.

I am with Lazer here.

Canceling Igor for trolling would be ridiculous. If you start banning ppl for smth like this you need to get rid of users like DerEchte and many others too. This place would soon get boring and wouldnt be this fun anymore.

And to say smth regarding the actual topic. Besides his accusations against Manica might be wrong, there are enough ppl (in my league and higher ups too) who change their topsheet pips illegally by enormous amount. This is a serious problem nontheless and not to deal with in amateur level championships (Everything below 1,9k TTR) aside from tournaments.

In addition this thread is already helpfull with usefull input thanks to you and this thread. I already wondered why her racket looked so shitty, but didnt question it any further. So without this thread we wouldnt have gotten your insight on this matter.

The microwave at a local elderly TT club near me was meant for food and tea, but the entire compartment is smeared here and there with melted rubber. I wonder what’s going on…

• Haha
Reactions: Haraold
The microwave at a local elderly TT club near me was meant for food and tea, but the entire compartment is smeared here and there with melted rubber. I wonder what’s going on…

Don't tell Truls...

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

I am with Lazer here.

I don't think troll the reason for banning here.
It is total fake news and utter rubbish.
If he was in the media, he would loose his media license.
Or do you think fake news = trolling?

Now to talk about pros, there is something called racket control.
I first thought Igor was maybe an ittf umpire or something like that, but the more nonsense I read, the more I can tell he is clueless about ITTF handbook and how racket control works.

For a faded red topsheet - they can even match the color of the rubber and if the color is not within the "red" specifications - the rubber cannot be used before the match.
I have not seen or heard of a color infringement in years. Mostly only hear of sponge thickness and VOC infringement.
Then, another general knowledge is, a camera on a red topsheet is heavily reliant on light. And it is so easy to make the color different to the actually color.

Anyways, there need to be something for fake news spreaders. As I said, if there is 100 of them here (which trust me, there are a lot of communist internet police that loves to spread all kind of fake news, especially on Chinese TT forums), what do you do about it?
Maybe warn Igor to say, back his silly claims with evidence next time?

He has only been busy with with his fake news habit for over a decade, maybe can award him some fake news award, since it is so difficult to keep on with fabricated content for such a long period of time

Reactions: Kolev
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews

I don't think troll the reason for banning here.
It is total fake news and utter rubbish.
If he was in the media, he would loose his media license.
Or do you think fake news = trolling?

Now to talk about pros, there is something called racket control.
I first thought Igor was maybe an ittf umpire or something like that, but the more nonsense I read, the more I can tell he is clueless about ITTF handbook and how racket control works.

For a faded red topsheet - they can even match the color of the rubber and if the color is not within the "red" specifications - the rubber cannot be used before the match.
I have not seen or heard of a color infringement in years. Mostly only hear of sponge thickness and VOC infringement.
Then, another general knowledge is, a camera on a red topsheet is heavily reliant on light. And it is so easy to make the color different to the actually color.

Anyways, there need to be something for fake news spreaders. As I said, if there is 100 of them here (which trust me, there are a lot of communist internet police that loves to spread all kind of fake news, especially on Chinese TT forums), what do you do about it?
Maybe warn Igor to say, back his silly claims with evidence next time?

He has only been busy with with his fake news habit for over a decade, maybe can award him some fake news award, since it is so difficult to keep on with fabricated content for such a long period of time

Context is key here. Nearly everyone should know Igor or is very new. This is no newssite here but a forum where you can post your position to smth. Igor states smth and makes an (wrong) assumption, we put into his words. Because everything he wrotes is that she is playing with worn out pimples which is technically not wrong obviously.

"Need to be something for fake news spreaders." - like common sense or intelligence? Dont assume everyone is braindead and unable to research for themselves. Why do you think there has to be truthpolice? Just because you have a bigger network now? Before the internet the ppl trashtalked and spreaded nonsense and fakenews 24/7. The only difference is they did it in real life and it was easier because nobody had infinite knowledge in their pockets.

Instread of trying to regulate here and mute different people think about how you can educated others so nobody falls for dumb things. And like i said before, it is not that dumb. There are enough trash table tennis players out there, and educating people what their rubbers can do, and how to deal with, should be more important.

Example: I changed my club to a different region now, and will face completely new players i have never played against. And as i have learned from my mates there are several clubs which have players who are changing the pimples from their rubbers. Knowing this and knowing how to deal with it ingame is a huge factor for me to win matches in the upcoming season. So instead of focussing on one member who shouldnt matter too much imo, you should focus on doing your work and help others out with your knowledge.

Reactions: Lazer
This user has no status.
bad for players who are "sober" to get under general suspicion,I feel bad for them.
On the other Hand i tottaly get the point of free speech,and you would open Pandoras Box for banning him,cause in essence you then have to bann a lot of Users then,too.
But it is in essence Dan´s decision,altough i could understand that it is a really difficult one.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2022
i actually like Igor's post. I think he is really smart and he enjoys putting out silly posts but they are provoking thoughts - not to mention his posts bring out some true colors of several members here.
Igor 2024 for ITTF president!

Reactions: lodro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
not to mention his posts bring out some true colors of several members here.

What do you mean by that?

I'll add my opinion. Igor sometimes brings valuable info, and also, as USDC said, he is not mean. But his posts about boosting are repetitive. The original post is much more incorrect than that though, and so I understand the fury of some posters. In my opinion, people who try to preach morality to others, didn't yet properly see themselves. When they do, they cease. Hopefully Igor will. And hopefully, I am not preaching morality now :)

I think this thread is an example of a thread where everyone has his view, and everyone is also at least partially correct. So many things would go away if we drink beer (aehh, Czech beer) together. There is not that many of us, we should remember that.

This user has no status.
i actually like Igor's post. I think he is really smart and he enjoys putting out silly posts but they are provoking thoughts - not to mention his posts bring out some true colors of several members here.
Halt! You are under arrest for suspicion of being Igor’s alternate account! 🤣
(For anyone who cares: this was a joke)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

at first I also thought he was smart and acting in the role of an ittf umpire or something like that.
But seriously speaking, people all hide behind fake names, so we can't tell who is reputable/credible and who is not.
Many people do share they private information, like videos, and from there we can see who is who in real life.

Igor is one of those that is very hidden behind his profile name and over time, there is more and more lies coming out.
Who ever asks him questions, he choose to not reply - either it is part of his game or he simply just don't have answers.
I know he hate cheater, and I just hate liars

Reactions: AndroidRX93