Why Manika Batra took liking for shabby pimples.

NDH

says Spin to win!
This all seems massively blown out of proportion....

It's an Internet forum full of people interested in Table Tennis.

The amount of comments I've read that I have disagreed with over the years is huge..... That includes comments from "respected" people.

That's not to say they are right and I am wrong (or the other way around) - It's simply I have a difference of opinion.

With Igor.... If his post/comment sparks a conversation worthy enough for multiple people to get involved in.... That's simply the forum doing it's job.

If the subsequent comments disprove whatever Igor said.... Even better - Everyone can learn something new.

This user has no status.
What do you mean by that?

I'll add my opinion. Igor sometimes brings valuable info, and also, as USDC said, he is not mean. But his posts about boosting are repetitive. The original post is much more incorrect than that though, and so I understand the fury of some posters. In my opinion, people who try to preach morality to others, didn't yet properly see themselves. When they do, they cease. Hopefully Igor will. And hopefully, I am not preaching morality now :)

I think this thread is an example of a thread where everyone has his view, and everyone is also at least partially correct. So many things would go away if we drink beer (aehh, Czech beer) together. There is not that many of us, we should remember that.

Let´s agree on some Czech Pilsener and a Bavarian Wheat :)
MAybe there can be some other rubric which can be in another category like Sarcastic,conspirational,cynic or something else Category.
When i started to register the Account it was really hard to get the proper Info on Igor himself cause of his Long-Time Status so i took him seriously (well the first post and maybe the second,but it was confusing if you register new,and think "hey this guy has some reputation,cause of his Status".
But when he didn´t deliver the %th generation of super Tensor that last Aoens and didn´t deliver i was ...NOT Happy,sry Igor.😄

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
This all seems massively blown out of proportion....

It's an Internet forum full of people interested in Table Tennis.

The amount of comments I've read that I have disagreed with over the years is huge..... That includes comments from "respected" people.

That's not to say they are right and I am wrong (or the other way around) - It's simply I have a difference of opinion.

With Igor.... If his post/comment sparks a conversation worthy enough for multiple people to get involved in.... That's simply the forum doing it's job.

If the subsequent comments disprove whatever Igor said.... Even better - Everyone can learn something new.

well, this thread - if you have lots of Indian members etc, you probably would have replied differently.
You don't just go and make allegations like that to a national hero.
Maybe people are just too used to igor being igor

Reactions: AndroidRX93
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Am i missing something? Do not know if long pimple rubber can become more frictionless from more playing but i would be surprised if the players did not try to make it more frictionless. I have never heard anyone that thought it was better to use a long pimple rubber if they have used the long pimple rubbers in the past. I hade friends that never glued the middle part of the long pimple rubber, only the side to get more dampening effect.

I read that you guys talked about the boosting rule and find it pretty fun that everyone knows that no one plays with china rubber without boosting.

This user has no status.
I am very impressed with the progress of Indian women players. As Adam Bobrow correctly pointed out during his commentary during India-Egypt match, Neha Aggarwal pioneered this trend and lots of Indian women players have correctly switched to long pips backhands while it is considered shameful and not macho for an Indian man to use long pips and they think it is better to pretend like a Chinese penholder rather than use anything other than inverted such as pips on their backhands.. (From my experience, this is also the same mentality in countries like Vietnam, Sweden, France & all of Africa) . However South American & Caribbean countries seem to be a little more open minded about this issue. Japan is a strange situation because they are not outright hateful of pips players like in countries named above and are more tolerant but still it is considered somewhat of a taboo.

Anyway coming back to Manika Batra , she is like #44 in the world ranking list but like #33 in India ranking list . This is because after her huge success at 2018 Commonwealth Games, every little Indian girl wants to be a Manika clone. This is sort of good because India can now flood the world scene with tons of long pips players & torture them LOL since there is good support for tabletennis now in India thanks partly to Batra & Sharath Kamal.

But still Manika Batra may be finished since everyone knows her style now & has become way too predictable almost like an inverted looper (OMG), unless reinvents her style. She definitely has the talent & physical build unlike say Sreeja or Suthirtha or Ayhika (I mean only the smaller physical build but not about the talent for the three, these three are of course very talented as well ) etc. She probably is better off switching to a hybrid chopping / blocking style instead of just pure blocking & also attacking more from backhand.. She is capable of playing this style because she is tall & can retrieve lots of ball away from the table as a chopper much better than a player who is shorter & can only play close to the table (to cut offf angles) But she needs the right rubber for this since low aspect and Tibhar Dtec is DEFINITELY not good because as all of you should know by now, any long pips on ITTF LARC is almost 100% useless with their low looper torture indices in the 40+ plastic ball era.

Interestingly I think such a rubber already exists for Manika Batra. Magic 77 OX is the perfect all around High Aspect Ratio Super long Pips with a much higher looper torture index. One can chop or block equally well with Magic 77 rubber but one can also attack like crazy using Magic 77.

Or TTFI must commission the manufacturer GKI to make the right long pips rubbers Manika Batra and Sreeja, Ayhika & host of other Indian women & girls who imitate Manika Batra. Lot of excellent manufacturing facilities are already available in China & Indonesia for GKI to outsource manufacturing. Stag may not be suitable for this because they only want to make inverted rubbers as directed by Peter Karlsson I assume ? (who may still be traumatized by his repeatedly losing to Matt Syed at Chicago invitational, as probably is Erk Lindh LOL). This ia also a great business opportunity for GKI or such open minded manufacturer because STAG has good market even in Africa & South America & they can enter these markets from the long pips side & then to inverted to push out manufacturers like Stag who have chosen not to make long pips

There's only so far you can take a pure blocking style at the top level of table tennis. It simply doesn't have enough variety, and in the era of the plastic ball, has diminishing returns as far as spin reversal. Yang Xiaoxin (Curl P1V) and He Zhuojia (Feint Soft) are able to use their pips to flick and "loop", not just block, which allows them to change the pace of the game and disrupt the rhythm of the rallies, as well as be more consistent.