European Table Tennis Championships 2022

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
The 2022 European Table Tennis Championships has commenced (13-21st August). This 9 day event takes place in Munich, Germany.

Main Draw

Schedule

Men's Singles Seeds

trulseuros2022%20jpg.jpeg

Sweden's Truls Moregard enters the European Champs as the #1 seed - Photo by: ITTF Flickr

01) Truls Moregard
02) Darko Jorgic
03) Dimitrij Ovtcharov
04) Dang Qiu
05) Timo Boll
06) Patrick Franziska
07) Anton Kallberg
08) Kristian Karlsson
09) Liam Pitchford
10) Andrej Gacina
11) Simon Gauzy
12) Benedikt Duda
13) Marcos Freitas
14) Robert Gardos
15) Mattias Falck
16) Jon Persson

Women Singles Seeds

hanyingeuros2022%20jpg.jpeg

Han Ying enters the European Champs as the #1 seed - Photo by: ITTF Flickr

01) Han Ying
02) Nina Mittelham
03) Sofia Polcanova
04) Shan Xiaona
05) Hana Matelova
06) Yuan Jia Nan
07) Fu Ru
08) Bernadette Szocs
09) Elizabeta Samara
10) Margaryta Pesotska
11) Ni Xia Lian
12) Barbora Balazova
13) Linda Bergstrom
14) Sabine Winter
15) Jieni Shao
16) Britt Eerland

A fantastic event to follow, be sure to get involved in the TTD discussions!

We can use this thread as a means to display all the latest results, videos and news from this spectacular European Championship event! What are your predictions?

Reactions: GAOdp and burakins
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
Truls Moregardh/Linda Bergstrom vs Dang Qiu/Nina Mittelham | XD 1/16 European Championship 2022

Reactions: Haraold
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019

European Table Tennis Championships-2022 - the official name of the 2022 European Championships (ind) was held in Munich, Germany from 13 to 21 August 2022. The 2022 European Table Tennis Championships are organized by the Local Organizing Committee of the 2022 European Championships in Munich under the patronage of European Table Tennis Union (ETTU).As part of the championship, 5 sets of medals will be played in singles among men and women, in doubles among men and women, and in mixed doubles.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
One guy with a pot belly, yipeee there’s hope for me…

Cheers
L-zr

Fitness cardio and all that weight loss hype isn't that much important for table tennis, you don't need to be that athletic, BUT on the other hand avoiding belly fat is way better for our health in general https://utswmed.org/medblog/belly-fat/

So, don't loose weight because you wanna play like those tiny asians with über quick footwork, loose weight because it simply matters. That's what I do now: I don't care about having quick moves and footwork and power in my FH with an H3, I just care about being healthy and happy in my life, I'm not the best blocker/counter in the world for sure (not even in my town 🤣), but I'm for sure healthier than Waldner is with his knees hurting because of his weight

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
Yeah I've done several single tournaments too last season, from 9 AM to 5 PM, 7 matches to play at least, sometimes more and I've never experienced any muscle cramps or fatigue (well... until back home sitting in my sofa hahaha), I could have played until midnight. Fitness conditionning helped me all day, but my results were not that... good: first tournament was a nightmare, only 2W/5L, the second one has been better, but still 3L for 5W.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
France's 2 medals are the trees that hide the forest: Simon Gauzy isn't worth his world ranking, he plays top 80 at best, there's no real women's team because only Jia Nan Yuan who was educated and trained in China really knows what it means to work your arse off to win tough matches, she's got the mental.

Of course it's logical to see the only players who've been able to beat Top 10 players doing better than the others (Yuan, Alexis Lebrun), but Pavade loosing like this and having really much difficulties in the senior WTT circuit since the end of last year is not normal. We won't talk about Gauzy, he's lost for TT, definitely, I'm even sure that an Alexis Lebrun/Prithika Pavade mixed double pair would do WAY BETTER, because on the 1/8 match it's definitely Pavade who kept Gauzy alive on the 3rd game with her strong serve and receive game.

We have to think about the future, and Gauzy is not part of that future anymore if he does not drastically change the way he manages his career: he has to quit Ochsenhausen, the Liebherr Masters College and Mounier who did wrong with him for a whole year with that so-called "new training system" .

Lebesson is still part of that future, he still got that awesome fighting spirit for the mixed double that matches so well with Jia Nan YUAN's intelligence, also he would be awesome in men's double with the young Félix Lebrun who plays way more close to the table than Gauzy, they would definitely complete themselves in that way.

What is really annoying more than everything is that there's no women TT policies in France still: there are not enough girls registered in the FFTT at all. We had one of our young hopes playing in the men's team local league who played the girl's national level single federation tournaments, read that again: local league men --> national level women... detection starts at amateur clubs level, and most of the amateur clubs are filled with macho and sexist idiots who are in charge ! the french mentality for women's sport has to change, I think something really strong has to happen, like positive discrimination:

- if your club has more than 5 teams involved in league championships, 1 of them at least has to be a women's team
- if your club is a pro one in Pro A or Pro B, you have to have at least 1 women's team playing in National 1 or Pro B, only Saint Denis (Pro a for both), Montpellier (Pro A women and Pro B men) and Lille (Pro A women and Pro B men) really play that game. It should be like the UEFA has done for football: you want a club in UEFA competitions ? then bring a women's team in too !

Last edited: