two tables

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
Hi guys, I have a question.

Our club received some limited money to buy 2 tables, cca 800 EUR/table. They need to be certified TT tables. We are currently using Stiga Premium Roller tables. We need to bring them in and our for each training session, so they have to have wheels, either each half or together-transportable. Also, it should be 25mm table, I don't mind 28mm, but it gets over budget :)

We are quite happy with the Stiga tables, they are a bit faster, but everyone in the club likes it.

Honestly, I don't know very much about tables. I do recognize that tables bellow 25 tend to be slower, this messes my serve a bit (others say also timing on shots), but in the area of 25 tables I can't - I don't know what is better or worse.

The neighbouring clubs use Butterfly Centrefold 25 and Butterfly Octet 25. I play on those regularly too, and its really fine. The Centrefold is over budget, even Octet is a bit over budget, but I'm ready to pay the extra - and so far, the Octet 25 is my primary candidate.

That is my initial position - you know I need to be on the safe side here. I'd welcome any input.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020

Hi, that one has all I need, but it doesn't seem to be certified. I don't have anything against Joola per se. Especially if someone backs it with some "testimony" :). From Joola, so far, I'd take the Duomat Pro. It's the same price as Butterfly Octet though, and I have no personal experience (not that I remember anyway), so I can't compare. What's your experience with Joola tables?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
tables is big and bulky for shipment.
You better find something locally, than importing tables yourself (and pay a lot of money for import costs).

So maybe see what options you can procure locally and give us a list and maybe forum members can help advise from there

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
So maybe see what options you can procure locally and give us a list and maybe forum members can help advise from there

Thanks Tony, finally got to it. There is not that many options.
TablesPrice EUR
Stiga Expert Roller720
Donic Waldner Classic 25720
Xiom T8800
Donic Waldner Premium 3084030
Joola Duomat Pro840
Buttefly Octet 25840
[thead] [/thead][tbody] [/tbody]

All are ITTF certified (no expiry date) tables, all 25mm except 1 is 30mm, all are type II (each half transportable) tables. I guess the risk is low. I just don't want to miss something extra bad or something extra good.

Reactions: VictorMoraga
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
You didn’t find the Stiga Premium, It’s got better legs than the Expert, but I think the top is the same. It may make a difference if you are going to fold/unfold a lot.

Yes, it's not available, I didn't find it here. Btw. when I wrote we are already using Stiga Premium Roller, I was wrong. It must be Elite or Expert. Thanks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
says Stronger in 2023 🥳
says Stronger in 2023 🥳
Aug 2014
Thanks Tony, finally got to it. There is not that many options.
TablesPrice EUR
Stiga Expert Roller720
Donic Waldner Classic 25720
Xiom T8800
Donic Waldner Premium 3084030
Joola Duomat Pro840
Buttefly Octet 25840
[thead] [/thead][tbody] [/tbody]

All are ITTF certified (no expiry date) tables, all 25mm except 1 is 30mm, all are type II (each half transportable) tables. I guess the risk is low. I just don't want to miss something extra bad or something extra good.
I had Donic Waldner Classic 25 at home and it was really nice. And good price too 😊

Reactions: latej
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
Hi Latej,
Sponeta have ITTF approved tables in their range, S7 line and S8 line. German company that make tables for a good number of other manufacturers (companies).
may be worth a look.

Hi IB66, interesting tip. The S7-62 is available for cca 640E and S7-63 will be soon for the same price. I guess the diff is only the color. These doesn't look bad at all. The S8 - couldn't find here, and also I'm a bit unsure about the mechanism. Anyway I'll add the Sponeta S7-63 to our candidate list.

says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Hi IB66, interesting tip. The S7-62 is available for cca 640E and S7-63 will be soon for the same price. I guess the diff is only the color. These doesn't look bad at all. The S8 - couldn't find here, and also I'm a bit unsure about the mechanism. Anyway I'll add the Sponeta S7-63 to our candidate list.

S7 12/13 have more robust undercarriage frame than S7 63 ( well, as far as profile of the frame)
from what I could see the S8 has bigger wheels and yeah the undercarriage is different, there’s a S8 ‘w’ version which is also tagged as specifically for wheelchair users.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
1) go with a 720 + 840, this way you within your 800 budget

I forgot to mention, we want 2 same tables. Those will be used for competition, where there are 2 tables standing. Technically it would not be against rules I guess. But still, we'd like to have the same model.

2) see if you can "try out" them - ask your supplier if they sold any of the table to a club/place near you.

Correct. I can even find out what tables are in use by a nearby club, in the official "STIS" pages.

S7 12/13 have more robust undercarriage frame than S7 63 ( well, as far as profile of the frame)
from what I could see the S8 has bigger wheels and yeah the undercarriage is different, there’s a S8 ‘w’ version which is also tagged as specifically for wheelchair users.

Yes, I like the S7 12/13 mechanism more too, it's the type II table. But here locally I found only S7 62/63. Thanks, it's good to hear, because it reinforces.

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
I forgot to mention, we want 2 same tables. Those will be used for competition, where there are 2 tables standing. Technically it would not be against rules I guess. But still, we'd like to have the same model.

Correct. I can even find out what tables are in use by a nearby club, in the official "STIS" pages.

Yes, I like the S7 12/13 mechanism more too, it's the type II table. But here locally I found only S7 62/63. Thanks, it's good to hear, because it reinforces.

Regarding the surface finish, I have a S6 12 in the garage, so if the S7’s are similar, then it’s a Matt finish which seems to react well to spin, no or little ball slippage, seems fast enough.
When I say reacts well to spin, ball holds up well with under spin serves, and kicks forward with top spin. Rather than some tables that are less ‘grippy’.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
Regarding the surface finish, I have a S6 12 in the garage, so if the S7’s are similar, then it’s a Matt finish which seems to react well to spin, no or little ball slippage, seems fast enough.
When I say reacts well to spin, ball holds up well with under spin serves, and kicks forward with top spin. Rather than some tables that are less ‘grippy’.

Yes, Stiga also has this Matt finish, which I like. I remember when I first played on Butterfly Centrefold 25 and saw its glossy finish, I thought this will really react differently. But then, it was quite OK too, I couldn't complain.

Just for the record, after team discussion, we decided to go again with the Stiga Expert Roller. Safe choice, and in the budget. Thanks to everyone for responses, I mean it.