Back to Forum
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. Tony's Table Tennis is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 3,022 4,572
    T
    Tony's Table Tennis is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 4,572 3,022

    User Info Menu


    Sep 2013
    South Africa
    4,572
    3,022
    8938
    Read 3 Reviews
    #1

    Cross over FH, Cross over BH

    Last 20 mins of training today, decide to do one of the most difficult drills around.
    Cross over to wide FH, then cross over back to a wide BH.

    1st video included BH, and Pivot. The other 2 is just direct 2 x cross overs.







    The Following 5 Users Like Tony's Table Tennis's Post:

    Dominikk85, Richie and 3 others


  2. VictorMoraga is offline
    says Table Tennis !!!
     
    TTD Member 77 93
    VictorMoraga's Avatar
    VictorMoraga is offline
    says Table Tennis !!!
     
    TTD Member 93 77
    #2
    Great job there Tony 👏

    The Following User Likes VictorMoraga's Post:

    Tony's Table Tennis

    My Table Tennis channel on YouTube
    www.youtube.com/victormoraga

  3. Haraold is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 64 210
    Haraold's Avatar
    Haraold is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 210 64
    #3
    subscribed to both of your YT channels,keep it up!

    The Following User Likes Haraold's Post:

    Tony's Table Tennis

    In the Practice of Tolerance,One´s Enemy is the best Teacher.

  4. Tony's Table Tennis is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 3,022 4,572
    T
    Tony's Table Tennis is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 4,572 3,022

    User Info Menu


    Sep 2013
    South Africa
    4,572
    3,022
    8938
    Read 3 Reviews
    #4
    Here is a drill warming up before the 2 x cross overs.
    2 point FH, from around 2m from the table







    The Following User Likes Tony's Table Tennis's Post:

    Haraold

    TTT

  5. OldUser is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 70 247
    O
    OldUser is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 247 70

    User Info Menu


    Mar 2022
    Europe
    247
    70
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #5
    Watching small asians running everywhere tires me 🤣, I prefer watching Waldner, Karakasevic and Alexis Lebrun kicking asses with their control/block/counter initiative strategies LOL

  6. Tony's Table Tennis is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 3,022 4,572
    T
    Tony's Table Tennis is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 4,572 3,022

    User Info Menu


    Sep 2013
    South Africa
    4,572
    3,022
    8938
    Read 3 Reviews
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by OldUser
    Watching small asians running everywhere tires me 🤣, I prefer watching Waldner, Karakasevic and Alexis Lebrun kicking asses with their control/block/counter initiative strategies LOL

    well, these 4 players don't play away from the table.
    2 of them are your counter block type, but obviously, if you are only 15 years old, you need to learn all the trick in the book.
    Hence, I told them to go back, far, far away from the table, and make them run.

    The purpose is really just the cross over to BH shot, so if one day, they get pushed out, they still are able to attack the far BH ball.
    Westerners tend to just go lobbing style.

    I actually saw some training videos of Alexis, he sure ain't small, but still runs everywhere and it will make your eyes tired too 😋

    The Following User Likes Tony's Table Tennis's Post:

    Haraold

    TTT

  7. Tony's Table Tennis is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 3,022 4,572
    T
    Tony's Table Tennis is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 4,572 3,022

    User Info Menu


    Sep 2013
    South Africa
    4,572
    3,022
    8938
    Read 3 Reviews
    #7
    have to admit, surprised so little likes on my posts with videos.
    maybe it isn't in demand here.
    will focus more on other platforms where there is more action

    The Following 3 Users Like Tony's Table Tennis's Post:

    Haraold, TaiHaoPingPong and 1 other

    TTT

  8. OldUser is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 70 247
    O
    OldUser is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 247 70

    User Info Menu


    Mar 2022
    Europe
    247
    70
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony's Table Tennis

    well, these 4 players don't play away from the table.
    2 of them are your counter block type, but obviously, if you are only 15 years old, you need to learn all the trick in the book.
    Hence, I told them to go back, far, far away from the table, and make them run.

    The purpose is really just the cross over to BH shot, so if one day, they get pushed out, they still are able to attack the far BH ball.
    Westerners tend to just go lobbing style.

    I actually saw some training videos of Alexis, he sure ain't small, but still runs everywhere and it will make your eyes tired too 😋

    GrandMa Ni Xia Lan does not care about youngsters running everywhere: she can't run that fast anymore, but she can beat young hopes like Pavade still hahaha

    The Following User Likes OldUser's Post:

    Takkyu_wa_inochi


  9. SofaChamp is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 185 223
    S
    SofaChamp is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 223 185

    User Info Menu


    Apr 2020
    Scotland
    223
    185
    525
    Read 0 Reviews
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony's Table Tennis
    have to admit, surprised so little likes on my posts with videos.
    maybe it isn't in demand here.
    will focus more on other platforms where there is more action

    Don't let the lack of 'likes' or interaction with your posts put you off, I'm sure it's appreciated and people watch it. Just look at how few likes some of Dan's posts where he plays with top 20 pros get...

    Also, I'm sure a certain user will be here soon to argue about your technical language when it's clear to see that your players are just moving to the ball in the normal way.


  10. Tony's Table Tennis is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 3,022 4,572
    T
    Tony's Table Tennis is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 4,572 3,022

    User Info Menu


    Sep 2013
    South Africa
    4,572
    3,022
    8938
    Read 3 Reviews
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by SofaChamp

    Don't let the lack of 'likes' or interaction with your posts put you off, I'm sure it's appreciated and people watch it. Just look at how few likes some of Dan's posts where he plays with top 20 pros get...

    Also, I'm sure a certain user will be here soon to argue about your technical language when it's clear to see that your players are just moving to the ball in the normal way.

    Haha, where is that guy?

    I think at the end of the day, practical implementation is worth 1000 times more than just words and theories.
    One of the girls (lefty, SP on FH who plays close to the table) is lazy to move, and she has such good hand control and reaction. She could be doing so much better if she moves more (this is a common problem with U11/U13 winning points by control and not by moving, but U15/U17/U19, the game is much faster and spinnier and requires the whole package).

    So 2 feeders came on board to give her a wide angle. Say around 3 to 4m or even more distance between contact point of the 2 point forehand.
    She has a good attitude and willing to take on any instructions, with full efforts too, even if it is very tough.
    You can actually see her smiling and still trying very hard to get there.
    And I can guarantee you, all the other girls are praying, we don't call them to do the same lol.

    So on a serious note, at 0:09, the 6th ball, she went for a backhand shot, as my feed angle was too much for her to cope, and she could only block it with her BH (that is normal, if you do a normal movement). But had she use crossover, she could attack it with her BH.

    Sadly, the first time she did crossover backhand, was the day of the filming, so I didn't include any of her videos in.
    That 6th ball shot was also one of the reasons why I wanted to work on cross over backhand with my lot.
    We will work more on her technique and hopefully soon, you all can see her backhand crossover, and not just a side step backhand block

    Now, any one wants to say hitting between 2 distance of 3 to 4m apart is a "normal" step. I'm welcome to feed to you and we can all learn together on normal normal step and normal normal cross over step 😋

    The Following 4 Users Like Tony's Table Tennis's Post:

    Haraold, SofaChamp and 2 others

    TTT

  11. Tony's Table Tennis is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 3,022 4,572
    T
    Tony's Table Tennis is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 4,572 3,022

    User Info Menu


    Sep 2013
    South Africa
    4,572
    3,022
    8938
    Read 3 Reviews
    #11
    Quote Originally Posted by OldUser

    GrandMa Ni Xia Lan does not care about youngsters running everywhere: she can't run that fast anymore, but she can beat young hopes like Pavade still hahaha

    Yeah, she is defiantly one of the GOAT
    I mean, how many former world champions can still be world top players at age 60?

    TTT

  12. SofaChamp is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 185 223
    S
    SofaChamp is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 223 185

    User Info Menu


    Apr 2020
    Scotland
    223
    185
    525
    Read 0 Reviews
    #12
    The only logical progression for your players is for you to double the distance they have to cover with an extra table half (and maybe even an extra feeder for further comic effect.)

    The Following User Likes SofaChamp's Post:

    Tony's Table Tennis


  13. Tony's Table Tennis is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 3,022 4,572
    T
    Tony's Table Tennis is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 4,572 3,022

    User Info Menu


    Sep 2013
    South Africa
    4,572
    3,022
    8938
    Read 3 Reviews
    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by SofaChamp
    The only logical progression for your players is for you to double the distance they have to cover with an extra table half (and maybe even an extra feeder for further comic effect.)

    We do use 2 tables (side by side), but don't do that too often.

    In fact, it isn't always about the speed or distance, once we get the footwork movement good, then it turns to the quality of the stroke + the endurance level of such drills.

    I always tell players, the first 5 or 15 should be easy for you. How about the next 20, and the last 10? or the next 40 and the last 20?
    Basically the theory is, hitting the ball and moving when you are fresh is simple, but when you are 7th game, at deuce, you are no longer fresh, and that is when the stronger player will come out on top.
    Doing a drill at ball 10 versus ball 100, I would slow down the feed too, but if the player continues to move and push over his/her limit of say 100 balls, then next is to push over 120 / 140 / 160 etc. If we can't do it today, try next day etc.

    That extra 10 or 20, is the actual purpose of the training, the first 100, is just "warming up" when the player gets to a certain level.

    and i'm afraid the above is only endurance + footwork/movement + quality of stroke.
    and that is only a fraction of being ready for the match. Game IQ is something we can't teach and just hope the player can switch on early when it counts.

    TTT

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Create a new Topic:
Title is required.