Boosted H3 vs Boosted H3N?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Is H3 considered the densest rubber? More than battle 2 or sanwei target?

Honestly speaking, no one in our circle will even consider to use those 2 rubbers.
They train for competition, national trials etc.
They use proper stuff and work they butt off with it

Don't know a single person who used those 2 and even got close to somewhere.
So I know close to zero about those 2 rubbers

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

Honestly speaking, no one in our circle will even consider to use those 2 rubbers.
They train for competition, national trials etc.
They use proper stuff and work they butt off with it

Don't know a single person who used those 2 and even got close to somewhere.
So I know close to zero about those 2 rubbers

So I assume your circle is using H3? How many layers of booster do they use on a new sheet to get the best performance?

This user has no status.
My new blades arrived and delivered to me today [Replica Long 5], and i am now shopping for rubbers, one of the options could be again H3NEO Prov BS on FH, another option is H9, or maybe trying to find the cheapest H3 National [NEO or non NEO] orange sponge or even blue sponge to give it a try, all will be boosted of course, then i have to think about a BH rubber, i try to stay with DHS brand for those blades, although it is not a DHS original blade but the design is a mimic of one anyway, even the look is same except it is a Cybershape.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

Why not boost the rubber more? I think I read somewhere that CNT players boost H3 6 layers or more.

Is your circle boosting Butterfly rubbers also? how many layers?

I have so many posts about boosting. Just not as much of threads you have about H3.
I think in most of them I have the same answer:

- it is individual preference on how the players boosters, what booster/boosters they use and layers etc.

Butterfly, normally 2 layers.

You always ask how many layers and you use 4 or 5 on a Nittaku h3
What booster do you use that is so weak?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

I have so many posts about boosting. Just not as much of threads you have about H3.
I think in most of them I have the same answer:

- it is individual preference on how the players boosters, what booster/boosters they use and layers etc.

Butterfly, normally 2 layers.

You always ask how many layers and you use 4 or 5 on a Nittaku h3
What booster do you use that is so weak?

I doont think the booster is weak. I think for one I use very very thin layers of booster to begin with because I want to boost up incrementally to see the difference. But I am using Taiji booster at the moment. Do you know the characteristics of this booster? Because its the only booster i have tried.

Also, my Nittaku h3 has a layer of baby oil as well, which works like magic. I find that baby oil plus booster works better than only booster. The booster effect seems to be stronger, and lasts longer, and increases dwell time.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

I doont think the booster is weak. I think for one I use very very thin layers of booster to begin with because I want to boost up incrementally to see the difference. But I am using Taiji booster at the moment. Do you know the characteristics of this booster? Because its the only booster i have tried.

Also, my Nittaku h3 has a layer of baby oil as well, which works like magic. I find that baby oil plus booster works better than only booster. The booster effect seems to be stronger, and lasts longer, and increases dwell time.

i've read your baby oil comment before.
I heard baby oil evaporates too quickly, don't know any serious player using it.
I know Taiji, by pingpongwang

Depending on playing venue, these are common oils:

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I find it amazing. You guys don't listen. Oils don't compress much. It is the gas in the rubber foam that is springy. You don't fill your tires up with oil, you fill them up with air.

If the booster can penetrate the rubber foam/sponge then it might work for a little while as it is evaporating. Now the trick is to get just the right amount of booster on the sponge. Too much and the booster will not compress. Too little and the booster will evaporate too fast.
The characteristics of the rubber will be changing as the oil evaporates. That can't be good.

Still the nonsense persists. It is better to just learn how to play.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I find it amazing. You guys don't listen. Oils don't compress much. It is the gas in the rubber foam that is springy. You don't fill your tires up with oil, you fill them up with air.

If the booster can penetrate the rubber foam/sponge then it might work for a little while as it is evaporating. Now the trick is to get just the right amount of booster on the sponge. Too much and the booster will not compress. Too little and the booster will evaporate too fast.
The characteristics of the rubber will be changing as the oil evaporates. That can't be good.

Still the nonsense persists. It is better to just learn how to play.

I support what you are saying re boosting to nearly 100%
I make one tiny reservation and it has to do with this sentence:
"""The characteristics of the rubber will be changing as the oil evaporates. That can't be good. """

I know all these things are so very subjective and very much "un-measurable" but some of us amateur boosters seem to have come to the conclusion that after the first light application of
booster the sponge never reverts back completely to what the sponge used to be ,and when we are talking about a sponge as hard as leather this is for me a good thing.

With the hard rubbers I use, I simply apply a thin layer of booster ONLY ONCE.
It might be just in my head but experiment comparing "once boosted" rubber with "unboosted rubber on identical blades is supporting my statement.

You can of course argue that if i want to have softer rubbers i could simply buy softer rubbers but the chinese rubbers i use are cheap - and so am I😁

This user has no status.

I support what you are saying re boosting to nearly 100%
I make one tiny reservation and it has to do with this sentence:
"""The characteristics of the rubber will be changing as the oil evaporates. That can't be good. """

I know all these things are so very subjective and very much "un-measurable" but some of us amateur boosters seem to have come to the conclusion that after the first light application of
booster the sponge never reverts back completely to what the sponge used to be ,and when we are talking about a sponge as hard as leather this is for me a good thing.

With the hard rubbers I use, I simply apply a thin layer of booster ONLY ONCE.
It might be just in my head but experiment comparing "once boosted" rubber with "unboosted rubber on identical blades is supporting my statement.

You can of course argue that if i want to have softer rubbers i could simply buy softer rubbers but the chinese rubbers i use are cheap - and so am I😁

^^^ That!

Also, i got tired to keep buying BTY Tenergy as replacement all the time while i have many rackets, table tennis isn't my only hobby/passion i pay for, so i am trying to find another rubbers that are cheaper even if not perfect, I only tried 3 or 4 versions of Tenergy and only 2 versions were the best for me, but i kept improving my skills a bit so i can adjust to more rubbers as well, and with different blades i got the feeling and differences so it helped me to get used to different rubbers anyway.

I never played with H3 in the past until i bought one i think last year as used rubber, pity i didn't know which version it was, and the racket was stolen from me at the end this year, but because of that rubber i felt like why i have to stick with Butterfly and Yasaka/Stiga rubbers only, so i bought few cheap H3NEO rubbers, and decided to try one without booster and two with, or i think 4 rubber, 3 with booster, and only the two i liked so far were both on my Long 5X blade, i don't know if it was the blade or the rubbers, but because they were CHEAP i enjoyed testing them and playing with them after all.

Reactions: lodro
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Talking about boosting and Chinese rubbers here, so are all Chinese rubbers having hard sponges? such as H3 and H2 and TG2/TG3 Skyline and TinArc and H8/H9 and more?
Not at all, one can have Chinese rubbers with soft sponges.
I did not try so many but what comes to mind is Globe 999, and Yinhe Mercury II with Moxa sponge. That one had such a trampoline effect that i could not cope with it at all.

This user has no status.
Not at all, one can have Chinese rubbers with soft sponges.
I did not try so many but what comes to mind is Globe 999, and Yinhe Mercury II with Moxa sponge. That one had such a trampoline effect that i could not cope with it at all.

I WANT that "TRAMPOLINE" performance so badly, my first H3 used one has that effect, i felt like any ball is coming to my way i just can catch and return it back to table from anywhere effortlessly, pity my all new H3 rubbers are just like rackets launching rubbers only and not that trampoline effect at all, i am dying to know which H3 rubber it was that i used first time to give me that performance really.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

I WANT that "TRAMPOLINE" performance so badly, my first H3 used one has that effect, i felt like any ball is coming to my way i just can catch and return it back to table from anywhere effortlessly, pity my all new H3 rubbers are just like rackets launching rubbers only and not that trampoline effect at all, i am dying to know which H3 rubber it was that i used first time to give me that performance really.

Yinhe Mercury II with Moxa sponge. They are so cheap , i had a blue one
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002539706126.html?spm=a2g0o.ppclist.product.10.2c4fIlnzIlnzgM&pdp_npi=2%40dis%21NZD%21NZ%24%2016.67%21NZ%24%208.33%21%21%21%21%21%40210323a016617311963478323e91f8%2112000021061611329%21btf&_t=pvid:d31c6ba0-5fd9-4b41-a301-41c359cb5527&afTraceInfo=1005002539706126__pc__pcBridgePPC__xxxxxx__1661731196

Reactions: TareqPhoto