Boosted H3 vs Boosted H3N?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Is there a difference between boosting a H3 sheet vs boosting a H3Neo sheet that shows up in the final performance of the rubber?

H3N is supposedly factory boosted, so would boosting H3 with 3 layers end up with the same performance as a H3N sheet with 2 layers?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021
Read 1 reviews

H3N is supposedly factory boosted, so would boosting H3 with 3 layers end up with the same performance as a H3N sheet with 2 layers? '

While it hasn't been tested, I don't think that it would work like that.

External booster compared to the neo booster is very different. Usually with seamoon it gives a wrapping feeling around the ball if you boost it to that point. I feel like the NEO booster doesn't do that much to begin with nor does it soften the sponge and topsheet significantly.

Most people peel the neo layer anyways too, so I don't really know if it would even make a difference.

I'm sure there would be slight variation if you boosted each rubber the same way with the same parameters, but at the end of the day they are both h3.

This user has no status.
I bought few normal H3 NEO rubbers and only NEW Provincial BS one, i boosted 3 rubbers out of them including that Prov BS, i can't tell i felt the difference really, maybe because i use them on different blades, now i can say that i can always buy this rubber of H3 NEO or NEO so cheap as a replacement of expensive rubbers only, i mean i can buy two H3 NEO normal rubbers same price of for example one Fastarc G-1 or MX-P or Rakza or Donic rubbers, or even three H3 almost equal to one Butterfly Tenergy rubber.

I bought Seamoon booster, and i will try to buy more Chinese rubbers to use this booster for, otherwise this booster might expire or wear off its performance after a while then i no longer can use it, pointless, so i want to see a list of all rubbers preferable cheaper affordable ones that i should boost it with Seamoon.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Testing speed on rubbers on different blades is a big no no.

Neo is faster than H3, that small layer there, does help a little.
For seasoned booster players, that little there is useless.

I know people who will remove that layer than start to boost. Then I know people who will add on top of that layer.

3 layers of booster on H3, versus 2 on H3 Neo plus original layer, I would say that original layer - consider it not there.
So it isn't going to be 3 vs 3, it is more like 3 vs 2.01 or say 2.

PS. I've lost count how many H3 thread/booster thread Michael has started now.
he shall be called Mr Hurricane+Booster going forward

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2022

Then why Neo version faster then regular?

because they are not as tacky as regular - feels faster
i could be wrong though.
also why does this Michael member keep opening H3 threads all over again and again? can't he figure this shitty rubber out already?
H3 is really hard to use to its maximum strength unless you train with it since you're a kid. to me if you are just a regular amateur club player don't bother because, it is just too hard (literally and figuratively speaking).

• Haha
Reactions: lodro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

i could be wrong though.
also why does this Michael member keep opening H3 threads all over again and again? can't he figure this shitty rubber out already?
H3 is really hard to use to its maximum strength unless you train with it since you're a kid. to me if you are just a regular amateur club player don't bother because, it is just too hard (literally and figuratively speaking).

Well I had a specific question, and thanks to the responses, it seems I have an answer. The Neo may be barely or slightly faster, but not anywhere near the effect of a full booster layer.

Anyhow, you are always free to skip over the thread.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
Read 1 reviews

i could be wrong though.

It come in different hardness. If you take 38 degree it won't be that hard

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

It come in different hardness. If you take 38 degree it won't be that hard

True
still remember back then, it was 40~42 and people were struggling to cope.
That was also before boosting culture and I had no idea why so many people want to buy it, and don't know how to use it properly and then say it is a terrible equipment.
I wanted to say, the user is not so good either lol

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
I have played every single variant of H3.

if you are referring to commercial H3, it’s a lottery.

Chinese users have tested and found dramatic difference from the indicated hardness. So if you buy 10 sheets of 40 degree H3 (regardless of Neo or not), you might end up with hardness in 38-41 range.

So comparing boosting effects on two commercial H3 is like guessing who will win the next lottery.

Comparing Neo and non-Neo in pronvincial H3 is a more valid experiment.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2022

Chinese users have tested and found dramatic difference from the indicated hardness. So if you buy 10 sheets of 40 degree H3 (regardless of Neo or not), you might end up with hardness in 38-41 range.

So comparing boosting effects on two commercial H3 is like guessing who will win the next lottery.

i second that.
also the sheet that does not meet the hardness quality control? let's label it "Soft" or "3-50" or "38 Provincial" or "Great for BH". Nothing gets wasted.
in the end if my H3 helps me win the match, it's the best rubber I've ever played with in my whole amateur career...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews

i second that.
also the sheet that does not meet the hardness quality control? let's label it "Soft" or "3-50" or "38 Provincial" or "Great for BH". Nothing gets wasted.
in the end if my H3 helps me win the match, it's the best rubber I've ever played with in my whole amateur career...

That’s a good point. Never thought of that.

Reactions: lodro
This user has no status.
Today i gave my DHS Long 5X a try against a weak opponent so i can test it really and to my surprise, most strokes and smashes with both FH and BH came to opponent so effectively, i tried to be offensive only when i feel i can, but most of the time i just keep returning the balls back which helped me to be in control, the blade has both rubbers of H3N, one is Prov version, and both are boosted.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Today i gave my DHS Long 5X a try against a weak opponent so i can test it really and to my surprise, most strokes and smashes with both FH and BH came to opponent so effectively, i tried to be offensive only when i feel i can, but most of the time i just keep returning the balls back which helped me to be in control, the blade has both rubbers of H3N, one is Prov version, and both are boosted.

DHS rubbers definitely work well with DHS’s own best selling Long V👍👍

• Haha
Reactions: Kolev
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

Do you think this could be a reason why some of the H3 rubbers have stickers over the top of the barcode
on the back of the covers ?

I found that when on the sticker it might say 2.15 - 40 and when I peel the sticker off it might originally have said 2.15 39