Tennilä Otto (Finland)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019

Tennilä Otto (born March 20, 1993 in Helsinki, Finland) is a Finnish athlete, player of the Finnish table tennis team. A participant in two World Championships and three European Championships as part of the national team, he became the bronze medalist of the 2012 Northern European Championship as part of the Finnish national team. He is a 5-time Finnish doubles champion. At club level, Tennilä has won 5 Finnish Higher League titles. He is best known for being one of the contributors to the popular table tennis channel Pongfinity.

• Wow
Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2022
Read 1 reviews
He played Simon Gauzy, and he lost but his playstyle is remarkable at a state or national tourament level. He's still a professional player and is one of the best in his country, tom maynard would struggle to find a set against him, would love to see the matchup though

Last edited:
says Win by Spin!
says Win by Spin!
Aug 2022
Read 3 reviews
He played Simon Gauzy, and he lost but his playstyle is remarkable at a state or national tourament level. He's still a professional player and is one of the best in his country, tom maynard would struggle to find a set against him, would love to see the matchup though

I know that, I've seen the match. No doubt that he is in the top players of his country, which is a great thing. Although he is professional, he is not a full-time professional. Infact, Finland has only two full-time professionals, by name Benedek Olah and Alex Naumi.

says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
Aug 2013
Read 3 reviews
I somehow feel that pongfinity channel has lost its uniqueness. I no longer feel like looking at a video of someone trying to play TT with a chainsaw. It was good while it lasted for me but I think now it is time that they rediscover themselves. As for Otto, I feel that he is struggling with his fitness and it shows in his recent matches. He has an amazing game sense and a formidable backhand. But he is not able to utilize his skills so that it translates into results.

Last edited:
says Win by Spin!
says Win by Spin!
Aug 2022
Read 3 reviews
I somehow feel that pongfinity channel has lost its uniqueness. I no longer feel like looking at a video of someone trying to play TT with a chainsaw. It was good while it lasted for me but I think now it is time that they rediscover themselves. As for Otto, I feel that he is struggling with his fitness and it shows in his recent matches. He has an amazing game sense and a formidable backhand. But he is not able to utilize his skills so that it translates into results.

Yeah, I can agree with you. Back in the days there were actual trickshots and amazing skills to see, but now it is only for subscription and view. If you have seen the latest videos, they keep telling they will make a huge racket made of chocolate if they hit 5m subscribers by the end of this year. This is a strong evidence that they are now almost completely for the view, subscribers and fame.

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
With regards to Otto being above average weight for his height, i suppose when one is not a full time pro, meaning one's income is not solely dependent on the TT sport, one can be more relax about one's weight.

I am sure if Otto is full time pro and his income is fully dependent on the sport, i.e., winning prize money to sustain his livelihood, I am sure he will do all he can to gain whatever advantage for himself, be it to cut his weight to improve mobility or something else.