Adam vs Sally at our school

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
That's very cool! I didn't know you taught here :D

Do you coach Sally? How does your system for training players work? Does one player have one coach or are there multiple?

Technically speaking, I don't teach there/not employed there.
I only assist the table tennis team.

This year there are 18 players, 3 (not including me) high level full time coaches.

school term, training is around 30 hours per week
holiday period is around 40 hours per week.
players do have additional 1on1 training with coaches on top of this number.

This school partners with another school.
This school is senior high - grade 10 to 12. The other school is junior high grade 7 to 9.
Sally is at the other school up until June 2022.
Sally been coming to this school to train (at times) since elementary school level.

Officially she is at the junior high, but actually train with the boys more then the girls (that school has both boys and girls team, but train separate).
But would come to our school to train with the girls prior to tournament time.
She didn't choose this school as her senior high, as it is a girls only team.
She followed the boys from junior high to go to the boys partnered senior high, which doesn't really have a girls team, however this coming year she is there with 2 other "national junior girls", one being a U19 champion and a very high future world ranking prospective (one year Sally's senior).
That boy's senior high team also produces about 70% of Taiwan's national U19 players, so in terms of playing level / rating wise, is the highest in the country.

Taiwan's "school team" status is quite unique in the world, and for 3 players to "forfeit" teams status quo is quite unique, basically because the players in question already have established very well individually (2 of the 3).

Sally can no longer take part in Taiwan's national trials (She been a top Taiwan junior for the past few years and have received sponsorships for achieving it), but she has chosen Team USA (senior team) as her pathway (I would have done the same).

The other, "Cheng" has won her 4 (or 5th) U19 WTT youth title this year already. Sally will likely make it to the Olympics way before the higher skilled/ranked/rated Cheng, Sally is already going to the world champs next month, while Cheng is not even yet in the picture.

At times the junior school will send players over to train with the senior high team.
If you see the videos I have been posting - it is the same place and for anyone who can read Chinese, Sally's school team name also appears in my video quite often. (Of the 8 x grade 10s coming in, 6 are from Sally's school. Of the 7 grade 9s leaving that school, only Sally didn't come to our school)

Last edited:
Reactions: VictorMoraga
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Tony, now I am confused...I thought you live and coach in SA
I do
I travel between 2 countries
so you not confused yet.
Wait till you see me traveling between more countries (like Adam does) lol

since early 2020, I am more in Taiwan than in SA.
and I have been assisting a lot more recently at this school then before (I'm friends with most of the main schools, and some of them are actually in competition with each other, so difficult for me to be seen as "neutral" lol)

I'm actually under qualified at this school, so I'm only a consultant :p

Last edited:
says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
I have only seen videos of Tony surrounded by giggly Asian High School girls and not giggly African High School girls... the material evidence does not suggest Tony to be physically in SA at all.

Maybe only Tony's brand is in SA. You know, he franchised it to local operator and just collect royalty while still feeding multi-balls to giggly Asian High School girls in Taiwan.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I have only seen videos of Tony surrounded by giggly Asian High School girls and not giggly African High School girls... the material evidence does not suggest Tony to be physically in SA at all.

Maybe only Tony's brand is in SA. You know, he franchised it to local operator and just collect royalty while still feeding multi-balls to giggly Asian High School girls in Taiwan.

Haha,
you not searching hard enough.
But have to admit, i didn't record much videos around 2016~2020 in SA.
Didn't really have the time to record + edit + upload.

I uploaded some in 2012~2015 or so, but I had slow internet.
I remember a youtube upload would take 10 hours. So I gave up on a lot of uploads.
Looking back now, the camera quality was poor then and I made it low rest to have "faster upload".
I think I had ADSL back then with 4mb down, but only 512k up....

you can see some older videos on my other youtube account - which I don't have access any more as my international roaming is off and my FB