Please stop using abbreviations (especially for player names)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2022
It is very annoying when posters use all these abbrivations especially for player names as if LGL was your second cousin or you went to school with JOW etc.
I think most posters do this to look so cool as if they are so up with the current scene. Thi smay work in teenager chat forums or FB but not here where we have lost of new posters who are not keeping up withj world rankings. IMO this only shows poor written communication skills

In the old days of internet BW or data storage space was important on internet segments like USENET & Mail etc but I can;t see this being important anymore

PS :- I purposely used a few abbrivations especially USENET to look so cool, which most tech newbies have no clue . I have no ideaor forgot how the phrases USENET or Gopher were proposed & used

• Haha
Reactions: TaiHaoPingPong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021
Read 1 reviews
It is very annoying when posters use all these abbrivations especially for player names as if LGL was your second cousin or you went to school with JOW etc.
I think most posters do this to look so cool as if they are so up with the current scene. Thi smay work in teenager chat forums or FB but not here where we have lost of new posters who are not keeping up withj world rankings. IMO this only shows poor written communication skills

In the old days of internet BW or data storage space was important on internet segments like USENET & Mail etc but I can;t see this being important anymore

PS :- I purposely used a few abbrivations especially USENET to look so cool, which most tech newbies have no clue . I have no ideaor forgot how the phrases USENET or Gopher were proposed & used

One word. efficiency.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
at the end of the day, sport forums will have sports enthusiast and the language or abbv used is common within those circles.
for bigger sports, it is also used by journalist on mainstream media.

There is nothing wrong with abbv. This is common in all forms of forums, from academia, sports, hobbies etc.

if abbv is a sin, then try the 50 different terms to describe a FH shot

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Magic Boll?Even i in Germany never heard of that.

a lot of it is just Chinese fans or some random person calling them nicknames

the nicknames might not even be agreed or used by the player.

Ie silence assassin. No one in Taiwan uses it and this name was given by Adam Bobrow during one of his commentaries.
in Taiwan, they just call him Shao Lin or Little Lin and it comes from Shao Lin Student - when he was 14 or so, he was still a school kid, so it was like calling Student Little Lin