Master TTD Member 256 1,748
    M
    This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 1,748 256

User Info Menu

Aug 2021
    Read 0 Reviews

TT brands introducing new series too fast, hard to understand

Anybody else feel like TT companies are introducing new rubber series too quickly? It makes it hard for me to understand what role the new rubber series are supposed to fill.

For Example Xiom recently has Jekyl and Hyde series. They already have the Omega line which is supposedly their flagship pro-level rubber series. What is the J&H role supposed to be? does it replace Omega? is it better or worse?

Tibhar has Evolution series, but they also have Aurus. So I'm not sure what role that is supposed to fill.

The Following User Likes Michael Zhuang's Post:

latej

Last edited by Michael Zhuang; 08-31-2022 at 07:20 PM.

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 83 339
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 339 83
    i play with the ne J &H V47.5 and am pleasantly surprised.
    Only Tried Vega Pro and Intro before.
    I guess they had those rubbers in Store for the new polyball and didn´t release it cause of covid.
    Last edited by Haraold; 08-31-2022 at 07:50 PM.
    In the Practice of Tolerance,One´s Enemy is the best Teacher.

says TT-CLOWN, old git

Master TTD Member 572 1,604
    L
    says TT-CLOWN, old git

Master TTD Member 1,604 572

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Zhuang
    Anybody else feel like TT companies are introducing new rubber series too quickly? It makes it hard for me to understand what role the new rubber series are supposed to fill.

For Example Xiom recently has Jekyl and Hyde series. They already have the Omega line which is supposedly their flagship pro-level rubber series. What is the J&H role supposed to be? does it replace Omega? is it better or worse?

Tibhar has Evolution series, but they also have Aurus. So I'm not sure what role that is supposed to fill.

by now you have done so much research into blades and rubbers , you should have found a setup that suits you , then it will not bother you just how many hundreds of new stuff are being brought on the market and all for the simple reason to yank another dollar out of your pocket.🤣

The Following 2 Users Like lodro's Post:

brokenball and Wrighty67

This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 370 727
    This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 727 370

User Info Menu

Their role is to keep you wanting for more new stuff lol

The Following 3 Users Like DukeGaGa's Post:

lodro, ricospin and 1 other

This user has no status.

M
    This user has no status.

User Info Menu

Aug 2021
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DukeGaGa
    Their role is to keep you wanting for more new stuff lol

Hey Duke, i know you like testing rubbers. how long have you been testing rubbers for?

If you change rubber every 2 weeks, you would have 25 sets of rubber a year.

If you've been doing this 3 years, that would be 75 sets, or 150 sheets of rubber. Where did those all go?

says Verified Cheater, Banned by ITTF :)

Senior TTD Member 427 763
    says Verified Cheater, Banned by ITTF :)

Senior TTD Member 763 427

Hey Duke, i know you like testing rubbers. how long have you been testing rubbers for?

If you've been doing this 3 years, that would be 75 sets, or 150 sheets of rubber. Where did those all go?

To his girlfriend after they broke up because he failed to sell his unused equipment in time😁
    Achieve your dreams, or die trying.

This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 1,044 918
    B
    This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 918 1,044

User Info Menu

Oct 2015
    Christmas Island
    Read 0 Reviews
    Butterfly introduces a new series roughly every 10 years. DHS takes many years too. Like how long has H3 been their standard? So if you choose either of those brands you won't have this problem. It's only the followers in the market that have to release new product constantly.

says TT-CLOWN, old git

Master TTD Member 572 1,604
    L
    says TT-CLOWN, old git

Master TTD Member 1,604 572

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Brs
    Butterfly introduces a new series roughly every 10 years. DHS takes many years too. Like how long has H3 been their standard? So if you choose either of those brands you won't have this problem. It's only the followers in the market that have to release new product constantly.

maybe there is a misunderstanding of words here but both Butterfly and DHS are releasing new
    stuff very regularly.
    Take your example of H3, before it was H2 , the came H3 NEO and now we have H8 in two version and H9 in 4 versions etc etc.

Factories just can not exist by selling """the same old rubbish""" they must sell something """NEW""" 😁

says From RPB to SH

Advanced TTD Member 134 231
    L
    says From RPB to SH

Advanced TTD Member 231 134
    Did you really believe all new products are supposed to fill a market gap?

EJ's wallet is too full, they are pleased to have a reason to spend their money.

This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 1,044 918
    B
    This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 918 1,044

User Info Menu

Oct 2015
    Christmas Island
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lodro

maybe there is a misunderstanding of words here but both Butterfly and DHS are releasing new
    stuff very regularly.
    Take your example of H3, before it was H2 , the came H3 NEO and now we have H8 in two version and H9 in 4 versions etc etc.

Factories just can not exist by selling """the same old rubbish""" they must sell something """NEW""" 😁

We are looking at different parts of the OP I think.

Mainly I was reacting to his question about what is Xiom's flagship pro-level rubber. Those change very slowly at Bty and DHS, and very often at the lesser brands. T05 was the #1 rubber from 2008 until dignics came out (which was when 2018? I don't remember). Anyway it was a long time. They released different flavors, whatever, but tenergy was their pro rubber and T05 was the standard.

How long has H3 been the top DHS rubber? They have a million flavors, BS, OS, 3-50, comm, prov, natl, and they also released H8 and now H9. But the flagship pro-level DHS rubber is Hurricane 3 and it has been for a really long time.

Plot those two against Andro or Xiom or Donic, or Tibhar and I think the ESN brands will have changed their top rubber several times since T05 and H3 first came out. Am I wrong?

The Following 3 Users Like Brs's Post:

lodro, ShakeHold PenHand and 1 other

This user has no status.

This user has no status.

and why do you all think,that now when Corona is somewhat under controll,a lot of companies release their new products?
    Was there less of a market while the competition was canceled?🤔
    and on the DHS and BTY front,they have the Standard which the pros play ala Hurricane 3 Fh and Tenergy 05 bh.
    In the meantime they were no real innovation since the the Tensor Bios Introduction anyway.
    But DHS as BTY will milk every ounce of the Reputation they got,as did other Brands,,Yasaka still wants 50.- for a Mark V...
    But let´s face it if a Pro Play s that kind of Setup,they will pump in Millions to maintain their market Share.

The Following User Likes Haraold's Post:

lodro

Last edited by Haraold; 09-01-2022 at 02:46 AM.

says May the Spin be with you!

Senior TTD Member 563 895
    says May the Spin be with you!

Senior TTD Member 895 563
    All company needs to pay their staff bonuses....

This user has no status.

This user has no status.

With STaff you mean The The upper Managment and Pros?
    I can´t see that any manufacturer,be it ESn,China,etc will pay their workers a fair amount.

The Following User Likes Haraold's Post:

Gozo

This user has no status.

This user has no status.

User Info Menu

The bin, obviously lol

This user has no status.

M
    This user has no status.

User Info Menu

Aug 2021
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DukeGaGa

The bin, obviously lol

Wait, are you joking? You didn't really just throw away all those rubbers did you?

Last edited by Michael Zhuang; 09-01-2022 at 07:44 AM.

This user has no status.

M
    This user has no status.

User Info Menu

Aug 2021
    Read 0 Reviews
    I get that there is naturally going to be a financial incentive for companies to keep introducing new lines of rubbers.

But I still believe that the companies have some basic level of integrity though. I can't really see them introducing random rubbers just for the sake of sales and not having a market fit.

Usually I see the TT brands introducing new rubbers based on demand for tackiness, harder or softer rubbers, more spin or speed oriented rubbers, etc. But sometimes I just have no clue what role the new line is supposed to fill.

This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 3,031 4,571
    T
    This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 4,571 3,031

User Info Menu

Sep 2013
    South Africa
    Read 3 Reviews
    I get that there is naturally going to be a financial incentive for companies to keep introducing new lines of rubbers. But I still believe that the companies have some basic level of integrity though. I can't really see them introducing random rubbers just for the sake of sales and not having a market fit. Usually I see the TT brands introducing new rubbers based on demand for tackiness, harder or softer rubbers, more spin or speed oriented rubbers, etc. But sometimes I just have no clue what role the new line is supposed to fill.

equipment technology improves, so they need to release new products, otherwise, they will be behind the rest. this is pretty simple business in a very competitive and small market space

TTT

This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 1,046 1,757
    This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 1,757 1,046
    After 10 years I am still playing H3 or TG2 variants. I am somewhat immune to the every changing ESN market 😜

says UK Premier Standard Player

Elite TTD Member 1,318 1,107
    says UK Premier Standard Player

Elite TTD Member 1,107 1,318
    I get that there is naturally going to be a financial incentive for companies to keep introducing new lines of rubbers.

But I still believe that the companies have some basic level of integrity though. I can't really see them introducing random rubbers just for the sake of sales and not having a market fit.

Usually I see the TT brands introducing new rubbers based on demand for tackiness, harder or softer rubbers, more spin or speed oriented rubbers, etc. But sometimes I just have no clue what role the new line is supposed to fill.

Maybe it’s just my super cynical mind, but I don’t see any company releasing new equipment with anything other than “profit” in mind.

Butterfly are probably the worst for this,

Most new “technological breakthroughs” are just another way of doing the same old thing in a pretty new package.

Sure, there is the odd genuine improvement every now and then….. But look at the blades for example.

ALC still rules supreme, despite all of these “better” carbon blades that have been developed.

Rubbers are a little different, but is Dignics really much better than tenergy? No, not really.

Sure it has some advantages, but it also has disadvantages.

Yet Butterfly know they’ll sell the latest and greatest rubber for a premium, and people will buy it without a question.

Companies are here to make money.

The Following 3 Users Like NDH's Post:

brokenball, jammmail and 1 other

This user has no status.

This user has no status.

User Info Menu

Wait, are you joking? You didn't really just throw away all those rubbers did you?

I wasn’t joking

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast