TT brands introducing new series too fast, hard to understand

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Anybody else feel like TT companies are introducing new rubber series too quickly? It makes it hard for me to understand what role the new rubber series are supposed to fill.

For Example Xiom recently has Jekyl and Hyde series. They already have the Omega line which is supposedly their flagship pro-level rubber series. What is the J&H role supposed to be? does it replace Omega? is it better or worse?

Tibhar has Evolution series, but they also have Aurus. So I'm not sure what role that is supposed to fill.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: latej
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Anybody else feel like TT companies are introducing new rubber series too quickly? It makes it hard for me to understand what role the new rubber series are supposed to fill.

For Example Xiom recently has Jekyl and Hyde series. They already have the Omega line which is supposedly their flagship pro-level rubber series. What is the J&H role supposed to be? does it replace Omega? is it better or worse?

Tibhar has Evolution series, but they also have Aurus. So I'm not sure what role that is supposed to fill.

by now you have done so much research into blades and rubbers , you should have found a setup that suits you , then it will not bother you just how many hundreds of new stuff are being brought on the market and all for the simple reason to yank another dollar out of your pocket.🤣

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Their role is to keep you wanting for more new stuff lol

Hey Duke, i know you like testing rubbers. how long have you been testing rubbers for?

If you change rubber every 2 weeks, you would have 25 sets of rubber a year.

If you've been doing this 3 years, that would be 75 sets, or 150 sheets of rubber. Where did those all go?

This user has no status.

Hey Duke, i know you like testing rubbers. how long have you been testing rubbers for?

If you've been doing this 3 years, that would be 75 sets, or 150 sheets of rubber. Where did those all go?

To his girlfriend after they broke up because he failed to sell his unused equipment in time😁

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Butterfly introduces a new series roughly every 10 years. DHS takes many years too. Like how long has H3 been their standard? So if you choose either of those brands you won't have this problem. It's only the followers in the market that have to release new product constantly.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Butterfly introduces a new series roughly every 10 years. DHS takes many years too. Like how long has H3 been their standard? So if you choose either of those brands you won't have this problem. It's only the followers in the market that have to release new product constantly.

maybe there is a misunderstanding of words here but both Butterfly and DHS are releasing new
stuff very regularly.
Take your example of H3, before it was H2 , the came H3 NEO and now we have H8 in two version and H9 in 4 versions etc etc.

Factories just can not exist by selling """the same old rubbish""" they must sell something """NEW""" 😁

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015

maybe there is a misunderstanding of words here but both Butterfly and DHS are releasing new
stuff very regularly.
Take your example of H3, before it was H2 , the came H3 NEO and now we have H8 in two version and H9 in 4 versions etc etc.

Factories just can not exist by selling """the same old rubbish""" they must sell something """NEW""" 😁

We are looking at different parts of the OP I think.

Mainly I was reacting to his question about what is Xiom's flagship pro-level rubber. Those change very slowly at Bty and DHS, and very often at the lesser brands. T05 was the #1 rubber from 2008 until dignics came out (which was when 2018? I don't remember). Anyway it was a long time. They released different flavors, whatever, but tenergy was their pro rubber and T05 was the standard.

How long has H3 been the top DHS rubber? They have a million flavors, BS, OS, 3-50, comm, prov, natl, and they also released H8 and now H9. But the flagship pro-level DHS rubber is Hurricane 3 and it has been for a really long time.

Plot those two against Andro or Xiom or Donic, or Tibhar and I think the ESN brands will have changed their top rubber several times since T05 and H3 first came out. Am I wrong?

This user has no status.

and why do you all think,that now when Corona is somewhat under controll,a lot of companies release their new products?
Was there less of a market while the competition was canceled?🤔
and on the DHS and BTY front,they have the Standard which the pros play ala Hurricane 3 Fh and Tenergy 05 bh.
In the meantime they were no real innovation since the the Tensor Bios Introduction anyway.
But DHS as BTY will milk every ounce of the Reputation they got,as did other Brands,,Yasaka still wants 50.- for a Mark V...
But let´s face it if a Pro Play s that kind of Setup,they will pump in Millions to maintain their market Share.

Last edited:
Reactions: lodro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews

The bin, obviously lol

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I get that there is naturally going to be a financial incentive for companies to keep introducing new lines of rubbers.

But I still believe that the companies have some basic level of integrity though. I can't really see them introducing random rubbers just for the sake of sales and not having a market fit.

Usually I see the TT brands introducing new rubbers based on demand for tackiness, harder or softer rubbers, more spin or speed oriented rubbers, etc. But sometimes I just have no clue what role the new line is supposed to fill.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I get that there is naturally going to be a financial incentive for companies to keep introducing new lines of rubbers. But I still believe that the companies have some basic level of integrity though. I can't really see them introducing random rubbers just for the sake of sales and not having a market fit. Usually I see the TT brands introducing new rubbers based on demand for tackiness, harder or softer rubbers, more spin or speed oriented rubbers, etc. But sometimes I just have no clue what role the new line is supposed to fill.

equipment technology improves, so they need to release new products, otherwise, they will be behind the rest. this is pretty simple business in a very competitive and small market space

NDH

says Spin to win!
I get that there is naturally going to be a financial incentive for companies to keep introducing new lines of rubbers.

But I still believe that the companies have some basic level of integrity though. I can't really see them introducing random rubbers just for the sake of sales and not having a market fit.

Usually I see the TT brands introducing new rubbers based on demand for tackiness, harder or softer rubbers, more spin or speed oriented rubbers, etc. But sometimes I just have no clue what role the new line is supposed to fill.

Maybe it’s just my super cynical mind, but I don’t see any company releasing new equipment with anything other than “profit” in mind.

Butterfly are probably the worst for this,

Most new “technological breakthroughs” are just another way of doing the same old thing in a pretty new package.

Sure, there is the odd genuine improvement every now and then….. But look at the blades for example.

ALC still rules supreme, despite all of these “better” carbon blades that have been developed.

Rubbers are a little different, but is Dignics really much better than tenergy? No, not really.

Sure it has some advantages, but it also has disadvantages.

Yet Butterfly know they’ll sell the latest and greatest rubber for a premium, and people will buy it without a question.

Companies are here to make money.